Kevin Martin traded to Houston

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
WojYahooNBA: If T-Mac gets buy out with Kings, he privately hopes to sign with Lakers or Cavaliers for the playoffs, source close to him tells Y!

WojYahooNBA: No evidence Lakers would have interest, but Danny Ferry kept an eye on T-Mac this season. That said, unclear if either team would want him. less than a minute ago from web
hmmmmmmmmmm

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
If anyone's getting jipped it's the Kings. I think Landry and Tmac for Kmart and K9 is pretty good for Houston.

jarrod2323

The Godfather
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
depends on Kobe's current injury, but I see him with LeBron or possibly back with his cuz in Orlando

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
KMart/Ariza/Brooks

i say, yikes
only 1 ball guys

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Kevin Martin talking to Marc Spears: "I appreciate them letting me go to a playoff caliber team at this time of my career. I used to be the young guy playing with old guys. Now I'm the old guy playing with young guys. Let the young guys develop..."

Sam Amick Blog Bost up: "It's a sad day for me in sense that Sac was first team that took chance for me late in first round of draft," Martin said from the team bus. "They showed so much loyalty to me through out the years. They gave me the big contract to show that you loved me...(But) I just think it was time for us to go in a different direction. I was the young guy before, and now I'm the oldest starter. I think it's good."

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
depends on Kobe's current injury, but I see him with LeBron or possibly back with his cuz in Orlando
cleveland is loaded

lebron/parker/jamario/delonte/jamison/darnell jackson

magic are loaded too.
vc/rashard/ryan anderson/matt barnes/redick/pietrus

lakers have kobe/shannon/artest
morrison sucks. luke out for season, we can use a SF for sure

and he said recently he would love to play with kobe.

he probably wont get bought out though. those tweets were like a what if thing

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The more I look into this I like it even more. Landry could become one of my faves. Just Hope we get something more than Landry.

Whisper

Living like a Don in my own mind
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
T-Mac to the Lakers?! Imagine. T-Mac coming off the bench to fill in for Kobe, what void is there to fill in the backcourt? Or Kobe playing PG, Tmac at SG, Artest at SF. or Kobe and Tmac at the wings.

I've always dreamed of a T-Mac/Kobe match up. Most people call me crazy and say it'd never work. My brain says yea it wouldn't, but another part of me says that with both players being who they are wanting only to win, T-Mac's an old guy it's all he wants to do. DOn't see why he'd secede to someone he accepts is better than him and someone he admires. He even said before that one player he'd like to play with before his career is over is "Bean".

YES! YES! LET IT HAPPEN!!

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The more I look into this I like it even more. Landry could become one of my faves. Just Hope we get something more than Landry.
any deal that gets rid of kmart is good

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Plus we have quite a bit of spending money now. Could get a second tier player possibly.

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Do people still have orgasms over T-Mac? It's just the name he's nothing special at all anymore

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
It's the contract I'm guessing?

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
No I understand the contract I'm talking about the Laker fans going crazy at the thought of him actually playing lol

Whisper

Living like a Don in my own mind
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Do people still have orgasms over T-Mac? It's just the name he's nothing special at all anymore
Questioning me, Adam?!?!
Change of scenery, a winning environment, motivation... my brain is telling me what you're saying, but let me salivate over one of my favorite players possibly joining my team.

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Whatever lol :D

I honestly don't like the deal for either side all that much but it's better for Kings. K-Mart in Houston doesn't make sense, Houston is a physical team, K-Mart might be the least physical player in the NBA. I really don't like the Rockets giving up Landry.

Kings I think they could have got more but I like Landry with them.

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
David Aldridge Twitter: If Kings move TMac to NY, it would be 4 same package Knicks were offering Houston: Jeffries, Hill, Hughes, picks.
So...

Kings Receive: Landry, Dorsey, Jeffries, Hill, Highes, picks
Rockets Receive: Martin, Armstrong, Rodriguez, Thomas
Knicks Receive: McGrady

I LIKE! =]

Bagwell™

Reaction score
Landry, Hill, and Thompson? Hmm, I wonder what the Kings will do with their PF situation. Hill's going to be a beast. Bank on it.

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
UPDATE (12:23 PM):

Marc Stein's Twitter (Twitter is a lifesaver): "Just spoke to another source close to the situation who said of T-Mac winding up with Knicks on Thursday: "I think it will happen.""

UPDATE (12:32 AM):

Sam Amick's Twitter on T-mac: "Was told of McGrady going to New York: "They'll deal with that component in the morning.""

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Landy is a better all round player then Martin.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
oh and the Cavs have been looking for a SG.. If we got T-Mac he would instantly start for us, he wouldn't do that in LA.. But saying that I doubt he comes here and I don't know if we take the risk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%