Kevin Martin traded to Houston

Status
Not open for further replies.

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The Houston Rockets, in an abrupt late twist to their long-running efforts to trade Tracy McGrady, have reached an agreement in principal with the Sacramento Kings to acquire coveted guard Kevin Martin, ESPN.com has learned.

Martin was pulled from the second half of the Kings' game Wednesday night at Golden State in anticipation of the trade, sources said.

Although the details of the complete construction of the trade could not immediately be confirmed, sources said that it's possible that the deal could be expanded into a three-way trade that lands Rockets guard Tracy McGrady with the New York Knicks before Thursday's 3 p.m. trading deadline.

One source with knowledge of the talks told ESPN.com that McGrady will either end up with the Kings or the Knicks by the deadline to bring Martin to Houston after Sacramento refused trade interest in the high-scoring guard for weeks.

snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
So Tmac's going to Sac Town? I'm kinda confused lol.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yahoo says:

Tmac/Carl Landry/Joey Dorsey for KMart/Hilton Armstrong/Kenny Thomas/Sergio Rodriguez

Landry will definitely be missed.

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
“Players in Deal: The players in Houston-Kings deal: T-Mac, Carl Landry and Joey Dorsey for Kevin Martin, Kenny Thomas, Hilton Armstrong and Sergio Rodriguez.”
I like Landry a lot but C'MON! Horrible if that's the deal. Hopefully the Knicks get in on this and we can get a youngster out of it like Jordan Hill as well.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Landry is what the Kings need
Kmart was an albatross with his contract

snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yahoo says:

Tmac/Carl Landry/Joey Dorsey for KMart/Hilton Armstrong/Kenny Thomas/Sergio Rodriguez

Landry will definitely be missed.
Agreed. He was a key guy off the bench for the Rockets.

playmaker7

The GOAT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
lol go figure

All I can see the Kings getting out of this like everyone said is Karl Landry. Not liking this trade from their perspective though

jarrod2323

The Godfather
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Knicks are still in it -- and tv saying that Landry is not "supposedly" in the mix -- Sac will get one on NY's players instead

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Landry is what the Kings need
Kmart was an albatross with his contract
Yeah I like him as well but I would have liked to get rid of Noc's contract maybe and maybe get a pick or prospect as well.

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Knicks are still in it -- and tv saying that Landry is not "supposedly" in the mix -- Sac will get one on NY's players instead
Jordan Hill?!?

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
this deal is freakin huge

they got 13 hours

Rios15

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
It would be nice to see T-Mac make a comeback to Toronto if he doesn't resign after the season or by trade. We could use another SG.

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The deal struck Wednesday night will send Martin, Kenny Thomas, Hilton Armstrong and Sergio Rodriguez to the Rockets for McGrady, Carl Landry, Joey Dorsey and an undisclosed amount of cash.

One source with knowledge of the talks told ESPN.com that McGrady will either end up with the Kings or the Knicks by the deadline. And Martin is definitely headed to Houston after Sacramento refused trade interest in the high-scoring guard for weeks.

Sources told ESPN The Magazine's Ric Bucher that the Knicks would receive McGrady and Rodriguez in a three-team scenario.

If the deal cannot be expanded to include the Knicks, it remains to be seen whether Sacramento will simply buy out the remainder of McGrady's $22.5 million expiring contract, setting McGrady up to sign as a free agent and be eligible for the playoffs as long as a buyout happens before March 1.

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Woj's Twitter: "Two league sources tell Y! Sports that Kings are unsure whether they will keep T-Mac, or move him onto Knicks in a deal before deadline."

jarrod2323

The Godfather
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Jordan Hill?!?

yeah, just turned to local radio and they said that Landry is included in deal if they can get Jordan Hill from Knicks, otherwise, it might fall through

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
And I'd rather have Landry than Jordan Hill. Unless we get both.

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I don't think Sac would do it without Landry.

jarrod2323

The Godfather
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
it's weird cuz the Rockets are basically giving up all their depth in frontcourt. Though, Kenny Thomas was a fan fave in his first stay in Houston.

not sure if KMart is right for the system, either.

I know Rockets are trying to get "something" for TMac, but I hope the deal is sweetened a little bit for them in this

playmaker7

The GOAT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I'm actually hoping this falls through lol. I don't think Kevin Martin fits in too well in Houston but I wish him the best

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%