Josh Gordon fails drug test

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
Just send in the retirement papers now. Super talented player, but he's never going to see the field again

.infamous

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Guess Manziel has been living with him

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I'm not sure it's appropriate to call someone with a substance abuse problem a "loser", but that's basically how this country treats drug problems

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
weed isnt a drug problem. assuming thats what he tested positive for. thats him not wanting to stop to keep his multi-million job that people dream to have.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
elcheato said:
I'm not sure it's appropriate to call someone with a substance abuse problem a "loser", but that's basically how this country treats drug problems
It's appropriate to call someone with the opportunity he has that has now completely thrown it away because he would rather smoke some weed then be a big boy and make a living a loser.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
It's not a drug problem? Someone should alert the nfl office to not include it in their drug test then.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
nolafan33 said:
It's appropriate to call someone with the opportunity he has that has now completely thrown it away because he would rather smoke some weed then be a big boy and make a living a loser.
Like most any substance, you can become addicted to it. Just saying he should be able to defeat a potential addiction because he makes millions is absurd. Maybe you should hit up some addiction centers and call everyone there a loser.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
except marijuana is not addicting.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
crack. thats an addiction. coke, herion, meth. those are addictions. my mom was in and out of treatments my whole life. they had people with "weed addictions" leave. thats just someone not wanting to stop. there IS a difference.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Nearly 1 million people a year seek treatment for marijuana addiction. Just because you aren't addicted doesn't mean it can't happen

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Regardless, I'll never agree with the NFL's stupid drug policies, so I'm not going to have some fake outrage over this. 

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
elcheato said:
Nearly 1 million people a year seek treatment for marijuana addiction. Just because you aren't addicted doesn't mean it can't happen
i dont smoke weed. never have. everyone i know for the most part does, and has for years and can stop and will stop for a job should they need to.

those 1 million people are getting treatment for it because theyre smart. good for them. this guy hasnt. hes a loser.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
elcheato said:
Regardless, I'll never agree with the NFL's stupid drug policies, so I'm not going to have some fake outrage over this. 
now i agree with this.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
Papa Pugzo said:
except marijuana is not addicting.
this is just not true, at all.

people don't understand the difference between addicting and addictive. Marijuana is definitely not addictive, as it lacks the chemicals in it like cigs do that make people addicted to it. But it is absolutely addicting, and I'm an example of it. When I'm stressed out, I just want to smoke pot. I'll eat some food and relax while high, and it calms me down immensely. I have control over myself, where I choose not to smoke even if I want to (like right fucking now, because I have to sign tomorrow and my voice sounds better when I haven't recently smoked). But if I'm stressing out, or really hungry, or bored -- you bet I'll want to smoke.

Now, obviously Josh Gordon is a different scenario from a 22 year old college kid. He gets paid millions of dollars to play football, and if I were in his shoes I would personally try to quit smoking. Not because of the drug restrictions, but because my immune system definitely gets lowered by smoking often, and I'm playing for my career, for my job. 

But to say he's a loser for not being able to stop is a bit much. He's addicted, and it takes effort to stop. Personally my best solution would to just get rid of the pot and eliminate smoking-situations. I went all summer not smoking and had no issue -- because I was home and not at school. If you know you can smoke, you probably will. Don't let that be an option -- just give it to a good friend or something

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
hes letting a "drug" beat him. hes a loser. you cant let something like weed do that to you and your career. thats why hes a loser.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
if this was pills, or something like coke, i wouldnt be calling him a loser btw. if this is a real issue then sure, he should try to get help.. but hes not. he clearly does not care

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
bosoxlover12 said:
this is just not true, at all.

people don't understand the difference between addicting and addictive. Marijuana is definitely not addictive, as it lacks the chemicals in it like cigs do that make people addicted to it. But it is absolutely addicting, and I'm an example of it. When I'm stressed out, I just want to smoke pot. I'll eat some food and relax while high, and it calms me down immensely. I have control over myself, where I choose not to smoke even if I want to (like right fucking now, because I have to sign tomorrow and my voice sounds better when I haven't recently smoked). But if I'm stressing out, or really hungry, or bored -- you bet I'll want to smoke.

Now, obviously Josh Gordon is a different scenario from a 22 year old college kid. He gets paid millions of dollars to play football, and if I were in his shoes I would personally try to quit smoking. Not because of the drug restrictions, but because my immune system definitely gets lowered by smoking often, and I'm playing for my career, for my job. 

But to say he's a loser for not being able to stop is a bit much. He's addicted, and it takes effort to stop. Personally my best solution would to just get rid of the pot and eliminate smoking-situations. I went all summer not smoking and had no issue -- because I was home and not at school. If you know you can smoke, you probably will. Don't let that be an option -- just give it to a good friend or something
And it's not like he never made an effort to stop. He was suspended last year because he drank alcohol, not because of pot. 

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%