Johnson changes surname to 'Ocho Cinco'

Status
Not open for further replies.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Well if his number is 85, he shouldn't be called Eight-Five.

"Ochenta y cinco"

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Chad Javon Ocho Cinco

It will be cool for a little bit, then everyone will get sick of it and it will get outplayed. Then he is going to wish he kept Johnson. I'm slowly starting to not like Chad Johnson...

I refuse to call him Chad Ocho Cinco.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
This isn't the f*cking XFL and this latest 'stunt' being pulled by Johnson is about as wacky as a Independent Baseball Team promotion.

I'm sure a lot of you young'ns love thsi kinda sh*t...and you will be dumb enough to go out and spend $80 on a Bengals jersey...but me, I feel like Johnson is going out of his way to make the NFL look like a d@mn circus.

Don't get me wrong, I miss the "Mile High Salutes", "The Bobbin-weave", and "The Dirty Bird"...but this is just taking being a smart-ass way too far.

yezzir

Call me Slim Roethlisberger.
Reaction score
These guys are football players... not company executives.

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Chad Javon Ocho Cinco

It will be cool for a little bit, then everyone will get sick of it and it will get outplayed. Then he is going to wish he kept Johnson. I'm slowly starting to not like Chad Johnson...

I refuse to call him Chad Ocho Cinco.
Chad is the man. He makes the nfl fun. This is definetly some of the coolest <Censored> i have ever heard of.

bulls12

Reaction score
Ha, he's in my sig.

I'm gonna change his name when I get Madden 09 lol.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
This isn't the f*cking XFL and this latest 'stunt' being pulled by Johnson is about as wacky as a Independent Baseball Team promotion.

I'm sure a lot of you young'ns love thsi kinda sh*t...and you will be dumb enough to go out and spend $80 on a Bengals jersey...but me, I feel like Johnson is going out of his way to make the NFL look like a d@mn circus.

Don't get me wrong, I miss the "Mile High Salutes", "The Bobbin-weave", and "The Dirty Bird"...but this is just taking being a smart-ass way too far.
+1

Chad is starting to get worst than TO.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
These guys are football players... not company executives.
Last time I checked this was Professional Football.

Do I need to give you guys a class on what professional means?

dakid

Reaction score
Im sure some of the older players would have loved to put their nicknames on the back of their jersey's..i can see it now...

Michael Playmaker "irvin"
Eric "gazelle" dickerson
Walter "Sweetness"

it probably would have never happened but i think its cool to think about it.

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Its gonna be weird for anouncers to get used to his name I bet.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Im sure some of the older players would have loved to put their nicknames on the back of their jersey's..i can see it now...

Michael Playmaker "irvin"
Eric "gazelle" dickerson
Walter "Sweetness"

it probably would have never happened but i think its cool to think about it.
Yeah but those nicknames were given to them.

Only douche's give themselves nicknames.

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
lol TO is way worse because TO is a pain. He is drama while Chad is putting on a comedy show.

Note that is why most people hate TO and love Chad

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
You guys are hating. This is all in fun its already picking up interest chad is just a entertaining guy.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
How is it entertaining to have someone change his name to the worlds most ridiculous last name. That's just stupid. I don't find it entertaining at all.

1 up for TO.

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Well more people like Chad then Terrell because of there pasts. TO has a history of his acts tearing up his team he's been on and being a distraction. I'm not saying Chad is not a distraction, but he's been on 1 team all year and has always performed and has never bashed his teammates like TO has done in his career. Ocho Cinco is MUCH MORE likeable

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Well more people like Chad then Terrell because of there pasts. TO has a history of his acts tearing up his team he's been on and being a distraction. I'm not saying Chad is not a distraction, but he's been on 1 team all year and has always performed and has never bashed his teammates like TO has done in his career. Ocho Cinco is MUCH MORE likeable
Terrell Owens was once loved for the same type of on-the-field shenanigans that Chad is now. Don't forget that T.O. started crossing the line when it came to endzone celebrations.

People began to hate T.O. because of the way he would sell out his teammates the minute he didn't get his way. Chad has yet to reach that stature...but he is one his way.

Ask Carson Palmer what he thinks of Chad right now.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I happen to love TO, but I'm slowly starting to dislike Chad.

dakid

Reaction score
why hate on him cus he changes his name? Let him do his thing if he performs poorly he will look like a dumbass..he has a record year watch everybody and their moms will love him...oh and another thing

Best nickname of all...and i think he would have done this at his "PRIME" ...deion sanders woulda changed his name to Deon Primetime....it woulda been great...and dont think that just cus im not old and i dont go by the old fashion rules makes me an idiot i find stuff that some of the players do are plain ridiculous too.

jarrod2323

The Godfather
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Well, the league announced today that they will recognize his name change

Meaning - his jersey will now say "Ocho Cinco"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%