Johnson changes surname to 'Ocho Cinco'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cejis33

Serve the Servants
Reaction score
It's not quite World B. Free, but maverick Cincinnati Bengals receiver Chad Johnson will reportedly be going by a new moniker this season.

According to reports out of Miami, Johnson has officially changed his name to Chad Ocho Cinco, his nickname which refers to his No. 85. If true, the change will allow him to wear the name on the back of his jersey without facing penalties from the National Football League, notoriously strict in its uniform regulations.

The name change has been speculated for some time and in a recent interview with ESPN, the now Ocho Cinco hinted at a surprise when the Bengals open their season on Sept. 7.

"A lot of people look at Chad Johnson and say he's crazy and he does a lot of stuff, but I don't think people really understand how smart I really am," Johnson said. "So come Sept. 7, I believe when we play the Baltimore Ravens, I think that's the game, there's a surprise for everybody -- for everybody. When I say something, it is what it is, just enjoy it. Because it's going to last 16 weeks, plus some more."

(World B. Free was an NBA player in the 1970s and 80s who changed his name from Lloyd Bernard Free in 1980. It's long been considered the benchmark for novelty names.)

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Lol wow Chad Ocho Cinco

I may have to get his jersey now.

playmaker7

The GOAT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
This is so ballin it defies the ballin-o-meter

.loggie

Reaction score
he has to be the funniest player in the NFL. he reminds me of stephon marbury in a way

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
What an idiot.

jarrod2323

The Godfather
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
marketing-wise, he'll sell some jersey, ala "He Hate Me"

but, really Ocho Sinco? laughable

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Chad Johnson...Ocho Cino...whatever the hell his name legally is now...

The guy is a star, good for 100 catches every season, a game-breaking wide receiver...but I am so tired of his sh*t. It's gotten old and I don't find it cute anymore. Is this a marketing scheme...or a last ditch effort to get his ass out of Cincinnati?

Just shut up and play man.

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Nah, the league would be boring without people like him.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Chad Ocho Cinco <3
this guy is the sh*t x10

.snowy

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
"Chad Javon Ocho Cinco" to be exact.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I love him, I love watching him play and his antics. But this is kinda stupid/hella funny lol.

COC Chad Ocho Cinco.

dakid

Reaction score
The League needs someone like him...or maybe im just saying that cus he ain't on my team and i couldn't give a crap if he gets fined...as long as T.O. doesn't change his name to icatch we are a;; good :rolleyes: . But really Roger knows that Chad Johnson makes the nfl interesting and deep down inside he loves his antics.

yezzir

Call me Slim Roethlisberger.
Reaction score
Who cares if he's an idiot. This will only help the No Fun League
Lol, seriously though. You can't even have a "group" celebration in the endzone anymore. Like wtf?

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I think it is stupid.
Plus Ocho Cinco means "Eight-Five," it's not even the Spanish word for eighty-five. lol.

yezzir

Call me Slim Roethlisberger.
Reaction score
I think it is stupid.
Plus Ocho Cinco means "Eight-Five," it's not even the Spanish word for eighty-five. lol.
Wow, thanks for getting technical even though anyone can put together that eight-five means eighty-five.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%