Johnny Manziel

Bengals1Fan

Reaction score
Nah, I'm with him on this one. Football is completely separate from a party lifestyle. His one merger of the two was when he slept through a meeting... He's a 23 Year old kid who made millions of dollars, how are you going to cut dude off from hitting the club every once in a while? Let the man live his damn life. He's a decent back-up and deserves to be on a roster for training camp just as much as Tim Tebow does.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Bengals1fan said:
Nah, I'm with him on this one. Football is completely separate from a party lifestyle. His one merger of the two was when he slept through a meeting... He's a 23 Year old kid who made millions of dollars, how are you going to cut dude off from hitting the club every once in a while? Let the man live his damn life. He's a decent back-up and deserves to be on a roster for training camp just as much as Tim Tebow does.
Once in a while? He just said in the video that he's been at the club the last 5 or 6 nights. The kid needs help. His former agent cut ties with him. His father says he needs to go back to rehab. You want to be a little-ass kid and party all the time, great. But you will not be an NFL quarterback until you get your shit together. 23 or 33, grown men don't act like this idiot when they're trying to do what he is for a living.

Bengals1Fan

Reaction score
Pharoah said:
Once in a while? He just said in the video that he's been at the club the last 5 or 6 nights. The kid needs help. His former agent cut ties with him. His father says he needs to go back to rehab. You want to be a little-ass kid and party all the time, great. But you will not be an NFL quarterback until you get your shit together. 23 or 33, grown men don't act like this idiot when they're trying to do what he is for a living.
Oh they don't? -- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRFRf6hr39o
Here's Rob Gronkowski just "Being Gronk" and that's fine right? Manziel is coming out of college 2 years ago where that's the atmosphere is to party every opportunity, especially when you're a national star. Am I saying yeah let him party all day every day? Not at all, but I'm saying you can't tell the kid not to have some drinks if he wants to.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UswM36LR1XM&nohtml5=False
Here we have Mike Evans, the WR of Tampa Bay fighting outside of a night club... but we didn't hear anything about that right?

His Agent cut ties with him because the Media and the NFL says he has a problem and that he isn't going to find a job. His Dad can say whatever he wants, that holds no weight with me because parents often say things about their kids that aren't true.

BNC

Reaction score
There's a huge difference between Gronk and Johnny

cavsfan817

You trying to get the pipe?
Reaction score
He can still be a decent QB. Doubt anyone gives him a legitimate shot though

Bengals1Fan

Reaction score
BNC said:
There's a huge difference between Gronk and Johnny
Show me the difference, to me, they both just party a lot. Oh I found the difference, Gronk is nearly three years older and "more mature" then Manziel.

D

Dannyboy77

Gronk actually parties somewhat responsibly. Well in recent years. Theres a big difference of partying and partying like a maniac. Partying 5 nights in a week is a problem. No matter how you cut it. Manziel just gambles his money away and gets hammered to the point of stupidity. I love the guy though. I hope he gets a chance.

BNC

Reaction score
Bengals1fan said:
Show me the difference, to me, they both just party a lot. Oh I found the difference, Gronk is nearly three years older and "more mature" then Manziel.
Talent is a big one, Gronk also doesn't show up to practice hungover and sleeps in closets during practice. He doesn't let it affect his play

cole

Reaction score
Bengals1fan said:
Well Manziel hasnt proved anything to anyone in the NFL... Gronk has. He has shown that his partying doesn't affect his play or conduct.

As for that Tim Tebow backup comment that was funny. Tebow doesn't deserve a spot on a roster, so by that logic neither does Manziel.

cavsfan817

You trying to get the pipe?
Reaction score
I don't feel like the Gronk/Manziel comparison is fair... Manziel is a QB who will always have the spotlight on him for the position he plays. Gronk would be scrutinized at a much higher level if he were a QB. Don't misconstrue this as defending Manziel, I'm just pointing out that I think Gronk gets a pass because he's not at a "sexy" position.

Bengals1Fan

Reaction score
cole said:
Well Manziel hasnt proved anything to anyone in the NFL... Gronk has. He has shown that his partying doesn't affect his play or conduct.

As for that Tim Tebow backup comment that was funny. Tebow doesn't deserve a spot on a roster, so by that logic neither does Manziel.
If you relook at what I said, I said each deserved a spot in Training Camp..

I'm saying we're making a huge deal out of Manziel's "Part lifestyle" when we only should evaluate him based on his on field abilities, which you could argue was stunted the past 2 years because of the way the Browns as an organization have been run. They don't have a star WR, and barely had much of a run game all year. Their defense had loads of injuries as well. I think I'd compare his talent to Tyrod Taylor's or even to what RG3 did healthily in Washington.

BNC

Reaction score
Bengals1fan said:
If you relook at what I said, I said each deserved a spot in Training Camp..

I'm saying we're making a huge deal out of Manziel's "Part lifestyle" when we only should evaluate him based on his on field abilities, which you could argue was stunted the past 2 years because of the way the Browns as an organization have been run. They don't have a star WR, and barely had much of a run game all year. Their defense had loads of injuries as well. I think I'd compare his talent to Tyrod Taylor's or even to what RG3 did healthily in Washington.
I don't think those two things are mutually exclusive with Johnny

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Gronk parties hard, when he parties. Johnny Manziel has been fucking drunk since he won the Heisman. I really wish people would stop making excuses for him. He could be completely sober and would still be a shitty NFL QB.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
Gronk gets a pass because he doesn't show up to practice hammered or hungover. He shows up and busts his ass. Johnny clearly doesn't.

Let him piss his talents away in Vegas.

Bengals1Fan

Reaction score
Pharoah said:
Gronk parties hard, when he parties. Johnny Manziel has been fucking drunk since he won the Heisman. I really wish people would stop making excuses for him. He could be completely sober and would still be a shitty NFL QB.
If you played in Cleveland what would you do in your down time? Lol

Also I think Shitty is a really harsh evaluation. HE PLAYED IN CLEVELAND. HE HAD NO TALENT AROUND HIM.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Johnny Douchebag was the passenger in a hit and run incident. Nice!

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Bengals1fan said:
If you played in Cleveland what would you do in your down time? Lol

Also I think Shitty is a really harsh evaluation. HE PLAYED IN CLEVELAND. HE HAD NO TALENT AROUND HIM.
I'd get fucked up in Vegas all the time, of course! Because that's what Marino, Elway, and Peyton did when they were drafted to shitty teams.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%