Indians in the mix for Ubaldo?

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The Yankees and Reds are perceived to be the teams with the best chances of landing Rockies right-hander Ubaldo Jimenez.

Another club, however, is strongly in the mix, according to major-league sources.

The Indians.

In fact, one source said, the Indians probably match up with the Rockies the best if they are willing to part with the required players.

Rival executives say the Indians have been aggressive in trying to upgrade both their rotation and their offense, thinking big in multiple deals.

Jimenez is attractive to the Indians and other low-revenue clubs because of the affordability of his contract.

He is earning $2.8 million this season and $4.2 million in 2012 with a $5.75 million club option for ’13.

-Ken Rosenthal
I'd be willing to part with a top prospect for Ubaldo.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The Yankees don't have a top pitching prospect that the Rockies probably want in return.. We do.

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
Betances and Banuelos are probably better than whatever you have

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Drew Pomeranz is definitley better.. And Alex White was a top prospect before he got called up earlier this year.

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
1. Bryce Harper, of, Nationals
2. Mike Trout, of, Angels
3. Matt Moore, lhp, Rays
4. Julio Teheran, rhp, Braves
5. Manny Machado, ss, Orioles
6. Martin Perez, lhp, Rangers
7. Shelby Miller, rhp, Cardinals
8. Jesus Montero, c, Yankees
9. Jameson Taillon, rhp, Pirates
10. Brett Lawrie, 3b, Blue Jays
11. Jacob Turner, rhp, Tigers
12. Jurickson Profar, ss, Rangers
13. Manny Banuelos, lhp, Yankees
14. Drew Pomeranz, lhp, Indians

15. Devin Mesoraco, c, Reds
16. Arodys Vizcaino, rhp, Braves
17. Wil Myers, of, Royals
18. Carlos Martinez, rhp, Cardinals
19. Tyler Skaggs, lhp, Diamondbacks
20. Desmond Jennings, of, Rays
21. Dee Gordon, ss, Dodgers
22. Hak-Ju Lee, ss, Rays
23. Jake Odorizzi, rhp, Royals
24. Aaron Hicks, of, Twins
25. Leonys Martin, of, Rangers
26. Dellin Betances, rhp, Yankees

Baseball America

Not to mention they wanted Montero too

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Manny Banuelos has been in the Yankees system for 3 years.. It took him 3 years to get that high in the rankings. This is Drew Pomeranz first year in the minors, and he has been completely dominant.. It's not question he's the better prospect. Not to mention, overall the Indians just have a more deep farm system.

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
Manny Banuelos has been in the Yankees system for 3 years.. It took him 3 years to get that high in the rankings. This is Drew Pomeranz first year in the minors, and he has been completely dominant.. It's not question he's the better prospect. Not to mention, overall the Indians just have a more deep farm system.
He's also 3 years younger than Pomeranz, so it's a very big question who the better prospect is

The Yankees have a great system and were ranked 5th compared to the Indians ranked 9th by Baseball America before the season started.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
dude cheato, no

the top of the Yankees farm is deadly

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Being younger doesn't make him a better prospect..

Yankees prospects have always been overvalued so I'm not shocked the media and other websites think they have a better farm system.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score

Yankees prospects have always been overvalued so I'm not shocked the media and other websites think they have a better farm system.
yep, these uncredible websites like Baseball America are totally wrong, you got the right idea.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I'm not saying the Yankees have some bum farm system here.. But there's no doubt people over value there players because more people want to watch them just because they're apart of the Yankees. The Indians are deep at the two positions every team looks for, pitching and catching and it plays a factor in possibly the Rockies favoring a deal with us.

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score

Because you attempted to use his 3 years of minor league experience as a reason as to why Pomeranz is a better prospect, which is terrible logic.

Being three years younger also means that he has a higher potential.

Who's been overvalued? Joba and Hughes? Both of them were on their way to turning into what the Yankees thought they would be, but of course the Joba Rules and the Hughes Rules fucked them up. Both of them were having great seasons as starting pitchers, then the Yankees attempted to limit their innings and they've never been the same.

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
I'm not saying the Yankees have some bum farm system here.. But there's no doubt people over value there players because more people want to watch them just because they're apart of the Yankees. The Indians are deep at the two positions every team looks for, pitching and catching and it plays a factor in possibly the Rockies favoring a deal with us.
We're also deep in both areas...

Montero, Romine, Gary Sanchez at catcher.

Banuelos, Betances, Brackman, Noesi, Nova

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Does his higher potential mean he has more potential then being an ace pitcher? Because that's the potential Pomeranz has... I'd also go with the 6'6 big lefty who sits mid 90s instead of a guy who throws around 92 mph with a 5'10 frame.

Austin Jackson was overrated, even right now Montero is overrated. He's not good defensively anywhere and his bat is not good enough to put him that high in rankings. Not sure how Romine was ever a top prospect..

I'll admit though, I did underestimate the Yankees current system. Did not think it was that highly thought of.

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
Matt Cain is an ace. Tim Lincecum is also an ace. I think we can both agree that they're pretty far apart. That's all that needs to be said about the potential part.

Banuelos is also a lefty who's fastball is 95-97, not sure where you're getting 92.

I fail to see how A-Jax was ever overrated, he's never been ranked higher than 36 by Baseball America. He certainly warranted that rank.

Montero's bat is certainly good enough to carry that ranking. He does have attitude problems as he was benched earlier in the year because he was disgruntled about still being in the minors. They say that he was bored and just seemed disinterested. His potential with the stick is still ridiculously high.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I wasn't saying you can't be good if you're short lol. I just said that's my preference, and the preference of every MLB team most likely.

I'm sure he can hit 95-97 if he was pitching out of the bullpen giving it all, but he sits considerably lower.

No power, high strike out guy, little walks, hole in his swing. He's overrated.

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
I wasn't saying you can't be good if you're short lol. I just said that's my preference, and the preference of every MLB team most likely.

I'm sure he can hit 95-97 if he was pitching out of the bullpen giving it all, but he sits considerably lower.

No power, high strike out guy, little walks, hole in his swing. He's overrated.
Teams prefer whoever can pitch the best, they don't care how tall they are.

I read something that says he throws 95-97 and also read that Drew is usually 91-94 but can crank it up

All those things were said about S-Jax when he was with the Yankees. But they said he had power potential and hitters can become more disciplined. His defense was also a reason as to why he was rated so highly.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
And usually, taller pitchers are more successful. Not always the case, but it's the prototype.

If Banuelos can throw 95-97 consistently, then I'd be curious to know why his strikeout numbers aren't higher.

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
Taller pitchers usually throw harder than smaller pitchers, seeing as how Banuelos can throw hard, it's irrelevant.

His K/9 is 9 this year. Isn't low by any means

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%