How Can We Improve SI?

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
You can call me any time bware

BwareDWare94

Where were you when the world stopped turning?
Reaction score
When it comes to intimate phone call professionals, there's nobody better!

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
Just to let you guys know, I'm still looking in to figuring out the rotating banners for the new Buzzy skin. RIght now it's working, but it loads a little slower than I'd like. Hopefully I'll get it working by the end of the week. 

I also updated the SI Bosox skin with new images that Bosox made. Check it out. 

buzzy

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Boysex trying to stay relevant in the skin game. I see you

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
In bosox skin, the threads that you haven't read are to hard to see, that needs to be fixed.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
buzzy said:
Boysex trying to stay relevant in the skin game. I see you
tbh I've been wanting to update my skin for a while, and since you did yours, I figured to give mine the 2015 update lol

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
nolafan33 said:
In bosox skin, the threads that you haven't read are to hard to see, that needs to be fixed.
Maybe I'm used to it for using this skin for 2+ years now, but its fine to differentiate to me.

Maybe change #4f4f4f to #585858 ?

And I can do a lot of these changes by myself GMF if you want, because I'll probably want to play around with a lot of the settings. Just need the ACP access 

Shaggy

Staff member
ADMIN
Reaction score
Ok, first, not selling the site. :)

Second, we talked about this before and not sure if everyone was on the same page.  The new skin buzzy is creating got me thinking about it again.  With IPB, there is an option for the forum section to have a different skin for that section.  For example, and I know they are not setup like this right now but they can be, say if you are on the main page.  You will see just the SI logo in the header.  You then click on the Celtics forum, the header has now changed to a Celtics logo.  Same goes for if you click on the Cardinals section, it now shows a Arizona Cardinals logo/player. 

My question is, you guys cool if we create seperate sections for each team rather then seperating them by conferences or divisions if buzzy is willing to create a header for each team? 

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The board isn't big enough to support a section for every team. 95% of them would be inactive. 

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
I'm confused to whether 'boxy' refers to me or buzzy lol

Shaggy

Staff member
ADMIN
Reaction score
elcheato said:
The board isn't big enough to support a section for every team. 95% of them would be inactive. 

True, but what if that setup creates more activity.  I know there will be teams that have little to know activity, but you won't be able to tell that unless you go directly into that section.  The main board will have the same look, the only difference is that you will be able to click on each individual team logo and go directly to that teams section.

Shaggy

Staff member
ADMIN
Reaction score
bosoxlover12 said:
I'm confused to whether 'boxy' refers to me or buzzy lol

Ha ha, I reread what I said and edited before you posted.  You beat me to the edit.

It was buzzy I was trying to say.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Shaggy said:

True, but what if that setup creates more activity.  I know there will be teams that have little to know activity, but you won't be able to tell that unless you go directly into that section.  The main board will have the same look, the only difference is that you will be able to click on each individual team logo and go directly to that teams section.
The set up might lower activity, because people just aren't going to want to explore those 30+ sections for each sport to post. 

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Enter the Detroit Pistons team forum..... if you dare

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
The Pelicans section would be hilarious though. Just nola talking to himself haha

buzzy

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Shaggy said:

know there will be teams that have little to know activity, but you won't be able to tell that unless you go directly into that section. 

You will be able to tell it from the home page, because it shows the last post, which could be from "March 23 2015" and not "Today".

I honestly think the Division set up is a fine compromise between individual team forums and just an NBA section. 

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
nolafan33 said:
How's that any different from what we have now
We have to go through your Pelicans posts to post other things we care about

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%