Future of the GFX Crew & Captain

Status
Not open for further replies.

jarrod2323

The Godfather
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Not long ago the GFX section was darn near dead here. After assembling a new GFX Team, our veteran members took charge and managed to pick up some really solid new talent.

Months later, here we are and I think SI is seeing some of the best GFX leaving the site. Yet, we still have some good ones here, along with some upcoming talent

I understand our site is sports-oriented first and foremost, with alot of members heading towards GFX-only sites.

I've always felt that SI offers both sports and good gfx for members, and would like to continue this in the future.

With SI heading into a 3.0 very soon (more to come on that!), I feel it would be a great idea for us to elect someone who can take the GFX Crew into a new and productive era.

I will leave this thread up for nominations by our members, including if you would like to self-nominate yourself. But, I HIGHLY suggest you post your ideas on how to improve the Crew, and what you plan on doing to make it productive once again.

After a few days, we will post a vote for the members. That, along with a hearty discussion between myself and Gtown, we will announce the new Captain.

I really hope you guys take this seriously, and consider making SI once again a place where GFX people like to frequent, more than just sparingly visit.

Yankees2772

RIP Derek Boogaard
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Open the individual sport sections again, this way is much too cluttered. And why were threads locked?

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yea, I hate how we post every sig in the smae spot.

TTN2810

Reaction score
I think PM7 or Sam would do well. Of course I would want the title, but I'm probably not the best for the job.

The thing I think we most need to fix though is CnC'ing. I'm do not see very much CnC, and for the most part, the CnC is given towards the veteren members and not given to the newer members that need it most. I also see very little CnC from the GFX Crew itself.

Also I think the GFX Crew is lacking in posting GFX. The GFX Crew IMO is the best way to set an example and get this section of the forum going again. We definitely need more GFX posted. I know everyone has lives and homework etc, but for some GFX Crew members, I'm not even seeing a sig or wall each week. Atleast 1 or 2 pieces should be submitted to revive what was once a strong point.

We also need the Crew to help the new comers. Whether it's a weekly pack or monthly pack, or even a single person pack, we need to help new members, like I was helped when I first came.

Just my thoughts.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I think you should run it..

Best gfx'r on the site and cnc everything while donating psd's.

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yeah, .titan would be my second choice behind AE.

snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yeah titan is the best candidate imo.

Rios15

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Titan, after that post, he deserves it. I have the same views as him, I also think we need to improve our cncing and help those newer and less talented of graphics. I think we should take aunique approach to rebuilding the GFX section, I will post more further on Friday when I get my Cpu back (on iPhone)

Oiler35

Reaction score
In my opinion, .titan or AE should run it.

We need more PSDs, Tutorials, and dedication to getting things done. I love the ideas people come up with (Weekly PSD packs, ect.), but they're never executed.

I'll be sure to drop a tonne of resources within the next few weeks or so.

playmaker7

The GOAT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
.infamous was very enthusiastic about running it, so I say him or .titan

mg91

Mr. Man Utd
Reaction score
I'm all for .titan as well. I would have said .infamous, but some of his remarks have had me confused recently.

We need to pick up the C'n'C. It really doesn't take that long to go into the sigs forum open up all the threads and drop two lines of insight which might help.

Hopefully I can find the time to contribute more than just comments soon.

Gtown81

Luke 23:34
Reaction score
mg91 and Redbull should at least be nominated, if they could be more active they would be solid leaders

however everyone else who's been nominated would also be good leaders

STLZACH

Go Blues!
Reaction score
.titan, .infamous, mg91, or redbull, but he has dissapearred :eek:

snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Oh yeah I remember. I don't know if Pugz wants to be on the crew again but he was a pretty good leader.

fletch

Reaction score
I haven't dissapeared, my internet has <Censored> the bed, and im working on it, but I don't want the title, like everyone else my vote is for .titan or AE

uwp

Reaction score
Sg SHOULD NOT be captain for this following reason, IMO:
Username: It's on your left.... and in the title.
How active you will be: More active than I am now. I'll get to 5.0 posts/day.
Other crews you are on: Ugh, Sportz Insomnia GFX Crew.
Why do you think you deserve to be on the crew: I think I should be on the resource crew here because I have quite a few sources for pictures (including one more if I make it wink.gif) and I make tonnes of tutorials. Once I get more PSDs, and permission, I'll be making more, and more.
Obviously shows he has regrets for being on this site. This was posted over at bsx, in his resource crew tryout.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%