Feedback To Make This Site Better

Wolves United

Reaction score
I understand that you can't add all of these, but I think that these are some neccessary additions. I will put the things that I think are most important in red

Mix-Making Team:
I would be down to run it, and their are at least 5 other members willing to join. Would need a subsection that I am mod over, and it would be nice to have a Sportz Insomnia intro. Here's an example of an intro http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fD6NHabXAK4

Writing Team
It would be cool to have a writing team for the site to post onto the homepage with the latest news. At the very east, a team for the forums to write articles.

1.  **News Feed:**
Tab on the right hand side that shows the most recent posts, and statuses. This is so important because it will show members the most recent activity and topics that currently have discussions taking place

2. Status Updates

3. What's Being Viewed Now
Shows the most viewed topics  at the moment

4. **Likes**
Instead of the up thing, it's where you can like the post and has a lot more features making it much more central. It's hard to explain the value of this, but trust me you will all love them. Underneath our picture and post number (whenever we post) it would show the amount of likes that we've gotten. 

5. Mentions
Similar to twitter, I could go @Papa Pugz and he would get a notification that i mentioned him in the post. Would be nice if I create a topic, I can't quote him but I would still be able to get him to see what I wanted him to see.

getyappcrnredy24

maybe god. live with soul, never die.
Reaction score
I think as far as the news feed goes there's a *somewhat* similar thing although not as out in the open if you will, I think it's under recent posts or something. 

although the rest seem like good ideas if theyre available and all that. if there's enough people willing to contribute for the 2 different teams actively then I don't see why they wouldnt allow it.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
Wolves United said:
I understand that you can't add all of these, but I think that these are some neccessary additions. I will put the things that I think are most important in red

Mix-Making Team:
I would be down to run it, and their are at least 5 other members willing to join. Would need a subsection that I am mod over, and it would be nice to have a Sportz Insomnia intro. Here's an example of an intro http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fD6NHabXAK4

Writing Team
It would be cool to have a writing team for the site to post onto the homepage with the latest news. At the very east, a team for the forums to write articles.

1.  **News Feed:**
Tab on the right hand side that shows the most recent posts, and statuses. This is so important because it will show members the most recent activity and topics that currently have discussions taking place

2. Status Updates

3. What's Being Viewed Now
Shows the most viewed topics  at the moment

4. **Likes**
Instead of the up thing, it's where you can like the post and has a lot more features making it much more central. It's hard to explain the value of this, but trust me you will all love them. Underneath our picture and post number (whenever we post) it would show the amount of likes that we've gotten. 

5. Mentions
Similar to twitter, I could go @Papa Pugz and he would get a notification that i mentioned him in the post. Would be nice if I create a topic, I can't quote him but I would still be able to get him to see what I wanted him to see.

1. Mix-Making Team: Definitely will discuss this with the other staff. I like the idea. 

2. News Feed -- looking in to something like, only so many plugins at IPB's marketplace that are both free & compatible with the latest version of IPB. 

3. Status Updates -- most people don't update their status in their profile so I see no need for this. plus adding too many things to the index page would make it cluttered. 

4. What's Being Viewed Now: interesting idea. I suppose it would go at the bottom of the page but I've gone through a lot of IPB's marketplace and haven't found something like that. I'll keep looking. 

5. Likes & Mentions -- The +1 is good enough, but I'll see what everyone else thinks. To me it seems like the same thing. I'll see if I can integrate the +1 to display under a profile in posts. As for twitter mentions, we have something similar I believe. It's not as easy as just typing @Gojira, you'd have to go in the post editor, go to Special BB Code (next to the Font tab) and select twitter. it should work although I've never tested it. going to now.  [twitter]BleacherReport[/twitter]  ---- looks like it works. I'll go on invision tonight and see if someone came up with a way to use it without needing to type in a BB Code. 

solid ideas. Also, moved this to the Contact Us subforum. 

getyappcrnredy24

Reaction score
i think it meant mentioning other members on here instead of through twitter

like to post something i wanted you to see I could put @giantmetfan07 or whatever and it'd mention your SI profile instead of twitter.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
o. yea I've seen that feature in vBulletin but I don't even know how to integrate that here. I'll talk to some other site owners I know and see if it can be incorporated here, although one site i post occasionally on has that and it bugs the hell out of me how often I get a notification. 

Wolves United

Reaction score
Gojira said:
I think as far as the news feed goes there's a *somewhat* similar thing although not as out in the open if you will, I think it's under recent posts or something. 

although the rest seem like good ideas if theyre available and all that. if there's enough people willing to contribute for the 2 different teams actively then I don't see why they wouldnt allow it.
They are all available and I have seen them on this type of forum

Wolves United

Reaction score
Giantmetfan07 said:

1. Mix-Making Team: Definitely will discuss this with the other staff. I like the idea. 

2. News Feed -- looking in to something like, only so many plugins at IPB's marketplace that are both free & compatible with the latest version of IPB. 

3. Status Updates -- most people don't update their status in their profile so I see no need for this. plus adding too many things to the index page would make it cluttered. 

4. What's Being Viewed Now: interesting idea. I suppose it would go at the bottom of the page but I've gone through a lot of IPB's marketplace and haven't found something like that. I'll keep looking. 

5. Likes & Mentions -- The +1 is good enough, but I'll see what everyone else thinks. To me it seems like the same thing. I'll see if I can integrate the +1 to display under a profile in posts. As for twitter mentions, we have something similar I believe. It's not as easy as just typing @Gojira, you'd have to go in the post editor, go to Special BB Code (next to the Font tab) and select twitter. it should work although I've never tested it. going to now.  [twitter]BleacherReport[/twitter]  ---- looks like it works. I'll go on invision tonight and see if someone came up with a way to use it without needing to type in a BB Code. 

solid ideas. Also, moved this to the Contact Us subforum. 
most people don't update their statuses currently because it's never going to be seen. Not even close. You have to experience it. Example of "What's Being Viewed Now" http://hoops-nation.com/community/ For the mentions, their's one application that you can use that you can just mention MEMBERS ON HERE

And are you guys not willing to spend money on the site? 

getyappcrnredy24

Reaction score
as far as i know theyre more than willing to spend money on the site if they know its going to be beneficial.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
I'm always willing to buy things if it will benefit, assuming the price is reasonable -- and even then I present it to the site and let the members vote on if they like before I purchase it. Finding things compatible with IPB is more an issue than the money though. 

Fuhgeddaboudit

Reaction score
The @mentions thing and the "like" thing is actually awesome. I don't really use the "up" thing we have that often. 

Plus, I want to give Gojira made likes for each picture of the cars he puts up.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Fuhgeddaboudit said:
The @mentions thing and the "like" thing is actually awesome. I don't really use the "up" thing we have that often. 

Plus, I want to give Gojira made likes for each picture of the cars he puts up.
:like:

Boda

PSN = HitmanCapone
Reaction score
For what it's worth I personally like the Mention system though I completely understand how it can get annoying if you're getting too many of them.  I also am a fan of the Like system but is there a way to make it into a rep system?

As for the "What's being Viewed Now"  I just don't see that being that important honestly.  Shouldn't people be posting or viewing things that interest them?  Does a thread being viewed change your mind about wanting to go into it or not?  I guess to me it just makes no sense.  In the same breathe though I do like how vB has something that lets you see who's all viewed a thread that way if you asked someone a question you can tell if they have already seen it & if they're just ignoring you or if they just haven't seen it yet.

Last I know this wasn't brought up but I'm a fan of top 15 stats at the bottom of the page much like on vB.  where it has the top 15 posters and than the last 15 topics that were responded to right to the right of that.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
I've been looking for something like that for a while and haven't come across it. But I keep looking and if someone finds it let me know. (the top 15 stats thing). 

getyappcrnredy24

Reaction score
Boda said:
For what it's worth I personally like the Mention system though I completely understand how it can get annoying if you're getting too many of them.  I also am a fan of the Like system but is there a way to make it into a rep system?

As for the "What's being Viewed Now"  I just don't see that being that important honestly.  Shouldn't people be posting or viewing things that interest them?  Does a thread being viewed change your mind about wanting to go into it or not?  I guess to me it just makes no sense.  In the same breathe though I do like how vB has something that lets you see who's all viewed a thread that way if you asked someone a question you can tell if they have already seen it & if they're just ignoring you or if they just haven't seen it yet.

Last I know this wasn't brought up but I'm a fan of top 15 stats at the bottom of the page much like on vB.  where it has the top 15 posters and than the last 15 topics that were responded to right to the right of that.

well hey thats what the iphone has and it turns out its awfully depressing.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
Added reputation to the profile when you post. To me it's the same thing as likes or thumbs up. No need to go and change it. 

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
Not sure if it will work but I added Quote Selected Text / @Mentions feature. 

Simply highlight the text in someone's post, and a small window should appear asking you to either quote that text or @Mention the person. Let me know if you guys get notifications from them -- if you don't I may need to adjust a setting in the hook. Below is a picture showing it:

Consider the next two or three weeks a test run and we'll see how often people use it, if they like it, if it notifies them properly, etc. 

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%