Cushing suspended for violating NFL policy on PEDs

Status
Not open for further replies.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
If he would only tell us specifically what he took, then maybe I would let him slide on this one. But he hasnt stated what he took and hes not going to, so for that reason he is a cheater in my eyes.
Doesn't matter what he took, a banned substance is a banned substance.

getyappcrnredy24

maybe god. live with soul, never die.
Reaction score
It's all a conspiracy I tell you. A mother <Censored>ing conspiracy.

Anyways, if it's the trainer's fault...You can't say anything, although yes he is being paid millions of dollars to play and he should know what's going into his body, the trainer for the team that's paying him millions of dollars should be trustworthy so he doesn't need to worry about whether or not what this trainer is giving him is straight.

jarrod2323

The Godfather
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
he CAN'T say what he took - it's against the NFL rules

but regardless, for them to take away his DROTY award and not Peppers when he won it and was banned for 4 games in the SAME season is bullshit

Blake

I'm goin' lamb bruh.
Reaction score
Indeed it is, why the hell do NFL players, mostly on defense, do this <Censored>?

Barcode

Reaction score
Talk is that a replacement vote will be held and an alternate player will take DROY award by the end of tomorrow.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
After watching NFL Live on ESPN last night, I'm really confused by all this. At first, I am thinking that Cushing took something banned but nothing along the lines of a PED. Mark Schlereth pointed out that the NFL's list of banned substances is about as thick as a "novel" and that for all we know, Cushing took a something with ephedra and made the rookie error of not consulting a trainer first. I then learned that Cushing tested positive in September of last year and for some reason, everyone has stayed quiet about it until now.

As John Clayton pointed out, Cushing needs to do the right thing and fess up about what exactly he tested positive for. There's no "gag order" or anything of the sort on him and if its nothing more than the mistake suggested by Schlereth, then I don't see why Cushing wouldn't come out about it. Ultimately we may not know but the more Cushing stays quiet about it, the more I begin to wonder.

Talk about Julius Peppers' situation came up during the show as well and I guess the NFL's rules changed since Peppers' suspension.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Damn. Perhaps he should be stripped of that ROTY title.

Blake

I'm goin' lamb bruh.
Reaction score
Does this make him a bust?

lol

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Depends how good he is without juicing :p

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
As John Clayton pointed out, Cushing needs to do the right thing and fess up about what exactly he tested positive for. There's no "gag order" or anything of the sort on him and if its nothing more than the mistake suggested by Schlereth, then I don't see why Cushing wouldn't come out about it. Ultimately we may not know but the more Cushing stays quiet about it, the more I begin to wonder.
Thats what I said yesterday.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Following the re-vote, Cushing maintains his Defensive ROY award. Still won by a nice margin but he did lose his spot on the All-Pro team.

Is this a message being sent to the NFL by the voters, concerning how mis-handled this entire Cushing situation has been?

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Why are people even questioning whether or not Cushing took HCg to come off a long steroid cycle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%