MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
exactly why we need to trade him now while his value is still high

utexas1007

Best in the World
Reaction score
Haha why is everyone saying bad things about Josh Howard now? He had his best season yet this year, like he has every year. He's gotten better every year. He just had a tough playoffs. He'll be fine. Screw all you who are saying we shouldn't keep him. I seriously think he's the best player on the team, all around. Dirk would be better for us to trade, IMO.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I don't see how trading Dirk would be better? He's the teams best player, always seems to do good. Yet you guys want to trade him???

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
yeah, if you're still contending you don't trade the heart and soul and the best player in the history of the franchise away. Wait a couple more years at least. I mean he is still an MVP type player, an All-Star. And he's far more consistent then Howard was. If you watched a Mavs game this year, JH5 did most of his damage in the 1st quarter. But in the 4th quarter he rarely scored, i mean rarely. He was a 1st half player.

I say keep JH5 unless the right offer comes around.

But if we get an offer like:

JH5/Stack for Redd
or
JH5+ for marion

You have to look into it.

And we need to cut Juwan Howard, Eddie Jones, and possibly Deaven George and trade stack.

Get younger off the bench, because our bench was SOOOO old this year it's not even funny. Bass was like really young, but the rest were old.

And Stackhouse is an expiring contract that expires end of next year, and thats some quality money to have to spend in the offseason. So a team look forward to 2009-2010 would be a team we need to look and trade STack to

loopydude3

Reaction score
Ya'll are just still frustrated and are wanting to trade the whole team LoL. Get rid of Kidd is the thing to do IMHO.

utexas1007

Best in the World
Reaction score
Howard and Stack for Redd would be a terrible trade. We've already been through this.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Only way I'd trade Howard is if I could get Marion in return.
If you trade anyone trade Dirk and rebuild. Get some young talent, which is something they don't have any of at all.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Cause Bass is going to carry your team to the finals in a few years?

I mean youg TALENT.

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Howard and Stack for Redd would be a terrible trade. We've already been through this.
how? stack sucks and is more of a liability now in his career. And Redd is a better scorer then Howard.

VC3

Charmander CHAR CHAR!
Reaction score
JH5 sucks. :p

utexas check ur PM from mapleleaf.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Howard for newly re-signed Ron Artest
thats a good trade

utexas1007

Best in the World
Reaction score
Only way I'd trade Howard is if I could get Marion in return.
If you trade anyone trade Dirk and rebuild. Get some young talent, which is something they don't have any of at all.
Thank you, this is why I think trading Dirk would be better than trading Howard.

The players I think the Mavs should definitely keep are Brandon Bass, Josh Howard, Erick Dampier and Jason Terry. Trade Dirk and get a new guy to build around.

P.S. I don't have any P.M.'s

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
DIRKS NOT THE PROBLEM!!!!

Dirk and Bass were the only ones who showed up in the New Orleans series. They looked like the only one that cares. Dirk is the player you build your franchise around. And we are still a 50-60 win team. You don't just trade him. You build around him.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
DIRKS NOT THE PROBLEM!!!!

Dirk and Bass were the only ones who showed up in the New Orleans series. They looked like the only one that cares. Dirk is the player you build your franchise around. And we are still a 50-60 win team. You don't just trade him. You build around him.
Exactly. LA wouldn't trade Kobe, Dallas won't trade Dirk, as simple as that. He is the LAST person on there team they need to trade.

And JH5 for Artest would not be good either, Artest would probably only hurt the team more. Plus he's old.

JoshHoward5

LONG LIVE THE CHARIOT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
If you watched a Mavs game this year, JH5 did most of his damage in the 1st quarter. But in the 4th quarter he rarely scored, i mean rarely. He was a 1st half player.
Sounds like you are describing Kidd. He's the one with all the stats in the first, then fades quickly after that. I like how Howard goes through a rough patch like all players do, and everyone now thinks he sucks. Let him work it out, and he'll be fine.

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
JH5 is top 10 in the NBA in scoring in the 1st quarter.

Out of the top 50 NBA scorers, he averages the least among those players in the 2nd half of games

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I don't think he sucks, I just think he sucked in the playoffs, and admitted to using mary j, and threw a party after a loss. I just think he would be worth some good peices from other teams, and he not Dirk should be the one being shopped.

utexas1007

Best in the World
Reaction score
I don't think he sucks, I just think he sucked in the playoffs, and admitted to using mary j, and threw a party after a loss. I just think he would be worth some good peices from other teams, and he not Dirk should be the one being shopped.
People, please don't make a big deal out of the use of weed, and throwing a party. First of all, weed's not a big deal, especially since he doesn't smoke it during the basketball season. Second of all, it's just a party. I'm sure they party a whole lot during the season, after which they win a game the next day. Howard's not a problem, and I'm damn sure everyone in the locker room would tell you that.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
People, please don't make a big deal out of the use of weed, and throwing a party. First of all, weed's not a big deal, especially since he doesn't smoke it during the basketball season. Second of all, it's just a party. I'm sure they party a whole lot during the season, after which they win a game the next day. Howard's not a problem, and I'm damn sure everyone in the locker room would tell you that.
Except its illegal, and against the NBAs substance abuse policy. The party wasn't after a win, it was after a loss, and I believe the coaches said no parties.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%