Could Mavericks Trade Josh Howard?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
From realgm.com
There is growing speculation that the Mavericks could decide to rid themselves of Josh Howard through a trade this summer, according to the Dallas Morning News.

His value may have diminished over the last few months because of his struggles during the playoffs and his recent admission that he smokes marijuana during the offseason, but he's still considered a high-level talent.

"There's always ways to keep the window open, or open the window back up," Dirk Nowitzki said of the Mavericks pending offseason changes. "We all know trades are part of this business. There's always possibilities out there. We'll see what happens this offseason."

RealGM Note: Howard was ranked 48th in the NBA in season FIC this season and had a per 40 FIC of 13.2, which was down slightly from his 13.7 in 06-07. He made $9.5 million and had a Reina Value of +11%.
IDK yet, I loved Josh but IDK if his heart is in Dallas anymore. Plus I'd like to at least see some of the offers we'd be getting for him.

JoshHoward5

LONG LIVE THE CHARIOT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Why in the hell is everyone in Dallas going crazy. Please stop putting the blame of this season on everyone else. It was because of Mark Cubans stupid obsession with Jason Kidd.

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The team wasn't headed anywhere this year with Harris or Diop either

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
They just need to make changes. I say they try to get Camby.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The team wasn't headed anywhere this year with Harris or Diop either
But Kidd made it worse, they lost there youth and future. Now they may be trading there 2nd best player..

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
There 2nd best player who shot under 30% from the field in the series, threw a birthday party after game 4 whenever the coaches and organization said NO parties during the playoffs, and then admitting marjuana at the worst possible time.

If that just happened to your 2nd best player I'd want to see what at least is being offered. Seeing as changes need to be made.

I even heard possibly a Ford/Calderon+Moon+2nd round pick for him

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
And anyone blaming the whole thing on Kidd is stupid. He played in a system that the coach controlled every little aspect, Avery never let our team play with freedom. It was always set plays. And that's what hurt us when we played teams like the Warriors.

I say don't judge the Kidd trade till you get a coach who lets Kidd play "Kidd Ball", not "Avery Ball"

See how Harris played great for New Jersey after the trade? Makes you wonder.....Avery holds his point guards back.

VC3

Charmander CHAR CHAR!
Reaction score
This team is cursed...end of story.

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
kinda like how keisha cant get no lovin on prom night is cursed :)

get on AIM marcus

VC3

Charmander CHAR CHAR!
Reaction score
LOL thats a lame excuse. :D

Warriors beat mavs because you guys are the weakest team mentally in the game...

avery should have fed everyone cawnbread.

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
yeah, we are weak mentally. But I think I know why we were cursed........Avery was a witch........ I mean just think about it.......look at him........listen to his voice........just think about it......

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
There 2nd best player who shot under 30% from the field in the series, threw a birthday party after game 4 whenever the coaches and organization said NO parties during the playoffs, and then admitting marjuana at the worst possible time.

If that just happened to your 2nd best player I'd want to see what at least is being offered. Seeing as changes need to be made.

Collangieo isn't that stupid. The Rap would get raped in that deal.

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
It's not stupid.....

Calderon/Ford. I mean both want starters minutes, so it would be best if they traded one and designated one as the starter and the PG. Moon is ok, everyone loves him because of his highlight reel dunks. And we suck in drafts so the 2nd round pick means nothing probably

JoshHoward5

LONG LIVE THE CHARIOT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score

I'd love to have have TJ Ford, but this is getting ass raped.

Grandy28

Victory!!!!
Reaction score
Collangieo isn't that stupid. The Rap would get raped in that deal.
What the hell are you talking about? If anyone gets raped its the Mavs. Moon isn't that great, T.J. Ford always seems to be injured and Calderon or Ford wouldn't even start for a season or two.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
What the hell are you talking about? If anyone gets raped its the Mavs. Moon isn't that great, T.J. Ford always seems to be injured and Calderon or Ford wouldn't even start for a season or two.
I mean for Ford or Claderon(who may sign else where) could get them a upgrade at C, they don't need a SF right now. The Raps need a better C. But then again I guess JH5 could help them the more I think about it...But I doubt it happens.

Grandy28

Victory!!!!
Reaction score
I mean for Ford or Claderon(who may sign else where) could get them a upgrade at C, they don't need a SF right now. The Raps need a better C. But then again I guess JH5 could help them the more I think about it...But I doubt it happens.
The Raps could use another scoring option to go along with Bosh, Josh Howard and Bosh would be nice 1-2 bunch espically in the east. It's not like a 20 and 7 guy(JH5) is better then a 8 and 6 guy(Moon) or a 7 point scorer of the bench(Kapono).

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The Raps could use another scoring option to go along with Bosh, Josh Howard and Bosh would be nice 1-2 bunch espically in the east. It's not like a 20 and 7 guy(JH5) is better then a 8 and 6 guy(Moon) or a 7 point scorer of the bench(Kapono).
Well it all matters on if the Raps keep Calderon, if they sign him then they should try to get this done..But the mavs would really be stupid to do it. Whats the point of having Kidd/Ford(or Calderon)/Terry?

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Well last year during our 67 win season we had 2 PG's starting.

PG- Harris
SG- JET

so it wouldn't be something new

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Josh Howard is in danger of becoming the next Ben Wallace -- someone who was underrated for a while, received too much credit for bring underrated, then eventually became overrated even as everyone continued to maintain that he was underrated. We're 97 percent there.
bingo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%