Combine talk

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
After seeing todays combine, its more likely the Jags will select a QB at 16 instead of reaching for a CB.

After Prince/Peterson the drop off is huge for CBs. Rahim Moore didn't "WOW" me either, so hopefully its Locker/Kap/Mallett/etc @ 16.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I've alsot heard from twitter that the Jags new QB coach hasn't even looked at any film of Garrard and that they might get rid of him after all. That was either today or yesterday I think.

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
I've alsot heard from twitter that the Jags new QB coach hasn't even looked at any film of Garrard and that they might get rid of him after all. That was either today or yesterday I think.
We Re-Signed Luke McCown yesterday. He wen't down with a torn ACL in week 2 at San Diego. If he didn't there was scouts/coaches in the Jaguars building who thought he would of took the Starting QB job from Garrard midseason whenever Garrard was bumming down and having 4int games.

I think we grab our QB of the future, could even be Ponder. I've heard that Gene Smith is REALLLY inlove with Ponder.

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
Never heard that before lol, why'd he change his name?

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
We Re-Signed Luke McCown yesterday. He wen't down with a torn ACL in week 2 at San Diego. If he didn't there was scouts/coaches in the Jaguars building who thought he would of took the Starting QB job from Garrard midseason whenever Garrard was bumming down and having 4int games.

I think we grab our QB of the future, could even be Ponder. I've heard that Gene Smith is REALLLY inlove with Ponder.
I'd love to see that. They could probably get him in the 2nd or 3rd round possibly to. Just as long as he stays healthy.

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
I'd love to see that. They could probably get him in the 2nd or 3rd round possibly to. Just as long as he stays healthy.
Nope, Ponders stock is higher than ever. Now hes a late first/early 2nd.

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score

I would laugh for days if they took Ponder in the first round.

Then I would laugh some more after you try to justify it as a good pick.

laugh laugh laugh.

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
I would laugh for days if they took Ponder in the first round.

Then I would laugh some more after you try to justify it as a good pick.

laugh laugh laugh.
lol. Like last year with Alualu? :)

Lets so though.

Ponder is smart, has a decent to good arm, intangibles, just needs to work on accuracy. I remember seeing people say he was the best QB at the combine yesterday.

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I think that speaks volumes about how weak the quarterback class is this year. Especially when Blaine Gabbert or Cam Newton is at the top spot.

Ponder isn't a bad player. I just don't see him becoming anything more than Chad Pennington at the NFL level.

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
DVD ran an official 4.28

If he had any idea how to play football, he'd be a nice prospect.

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
DVD ran an official 4.28

If he had any idea how to play football, he'd be a nice prospect.
If you listen closely, Al Davis is trying to trade his whole draft away to get DVD.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I didn't know Chekwa was that fast, damn...

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
lol. Like last year with Alualu? :)

Lets so though.

Ponder is smart, has a decent to good arm, intangibles, just needs to work on accuracy. I remember seeing people say he was the best QB at the combine yesterday.
Funny that you say this when a couple weeks ago, you had nothing positive to say about the guy and how I was an idiot for liking Ponder. Funny how people change. I think he could be a good QB in the NFL, I really do. I don't see him going to the Jaguars, though.

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
Why the fuck are the retards on NFL Live talking about moving Peterson to safety?

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Because of his size I guess

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
Doesn't make any sense to move him to safety, he's gonna be elite at corner

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%