Chris Paul or Deron Williams?

Chris Paul or Deron Williams?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

youngguru

V͎͡Ị̠̳SI͉ƠN̡
Reaction score
It is close as fuck. Lmao at CP3's defense being much better than Deron's. Let me guess... judging D based on steals? ROFL

Anyways, I would take CP3. He has clearly fully recovered from his injury and is back to his MVP form. I would say that CP3's vision and decision making are a bit better than Deron's but both are fucking amazing.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Both Williams and Paul play good defense, but Paul gets loads more steals, and steals are very good.

Yankees2772

RIP Derek Boogaard
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Chris Paul forces opposing PGs to make 2 more turnovers per 48 minutes than Deron Williams does. Points and assists allowed are virtually equal for the two - so give me the two extra stops and extra possessions. That's an extra four points (assuming 1 point per possession). Pretty big swing there.

Yankees2772

RIP Derek Boogaard
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
http://www.82games.com/1011/10NOH1.HTM

http://www.82games.com/1011/10NJN1.HTM

The opponent numbers are virtually the same, Paul forces 2 more turnovers.

In terms of their own stats, CP3 blows him out of the water - especially in effective field goal %. 50% to 38%. Oh, and one less turnover. Thank you very much.

youngguru

V͎͡Ị̠̳SI͉ƠN̡
Reaction score
Paul also gambles a shit load more on D than Deron does but w/e. Give me Deron's size and strength on D any day of the week.

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
http://www.82games.com/1011/10NOH1.HTM

http://www.82games.com/1011/10NJN1.HTM

The opponent numbers are virtually the same, Paul forces 2 more turnovers.

In terms of their own stats, CP3 blows him out of the water - especially in effective field goal %. 50% to 38%. Oh, and one less turnover. Thank you very much.
Deron had a down shooting year because of the wrist injury though

dcpwner

Reaction score
Rose is 44.5% shooter and 33.4% from 3. But okay.

Anyways for this debate CP3 IMO cuz to me hes the only PG better or equal to Derrick right now

Yankees2772

RIP Derek Boogaard
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Paul also gambles a shit load more on D than Deron does but w/e. Give me Deron's size and strength on D any day of the week.
Really?

I just proved to you that their opponent's numbers are equal in points per game and assists per game... The fact that CP3 forces 2 extra turnovers is pretty big, no?

VC15

Reaction score
Rose is 44.5% shooter and 33.4% from 3. But okay.

Anyways for this debate CP3 IMO cuz to me hes the only PG better or equal to Derrick right now
We already established that Rose is a ball-stopper who doesn't make his teammates better, ala a rich man's Devin Harris.

For the record, 33% from three isn't good.

And his 2011 playoff shooting percentages are LOL worthy.

dcpwner

Reaction score
so 7.7 APG means nothing? top 10 in scoring and assists? I'd argue if you asked anyone whose ever played with him theyd say that Rose did in fact make them better. Ala MJ, didnt have ridiculously high assist numbers but his attitude towards the game inspired his teammates and made them better players.

IDC what you say 33% from 3 is fine for a PG who just shot 24% last season thats an 11% improvement with more looks so yeah I think hes going to keep getting better because of his attitude work ethic and heart, think what you want but I'm fairly certain hes the best PG in the league right now

VC15

Reaction score
so 7.7 APG means nothing? top 10 in scoring and assists? I'd argue if you asked anyone whose ever played with him theyd say that Rose did in fact make them better. Ala MJ, didnt have ridiculously high assist numbers but his attitude towards the game inspired his teammates and made them better players.

IDC what you say 33% from 3 is fine for a PG who just shot 24% last season thats an 11% improvement with more looks so yeah I think hes going to keep getting better because of his attitude work ethic and heart, think what you want but I'm fairly certain hes the best PG in the league right now
7.7 APG barely puts him in the top ten. He's in 12th place for assists-per 48 minutes. In fact, he's not even in the top 40 as far as assists-per-turnovers goes. Boozer looks lost most of the time during Bulls games. Why? Because Rose is so ball dominant, and the stats prove it.

33% from three is still nothing to write home about. And it's an increase in nine percentage points from 24%, not 11.

Rose is a shooting guard who is asked to play the point because of his size.

CP3 and Deron are 1A and 1B. Everyone else is at least two steps behind in terms of being a "point guard".

Mediocre shooting percentages and poor assist numbers are clearly overlooked by flashy crossovers and complicated lay-ups.

Comparing Rose to MJ at this point is disrespectful to #23's legacy.

youngguru

V͎͡Ị̠̳SI͉ƠN̡
Reaction score
Really?

I just proved to you that their opponent's numbers are equal in points per game and assists per game... The fact that CP3 forces 2 extra turnovers is pretty big, no?
I was talking about gambling while playing the passing lanes, which has no effect on the player they are guarding. No?

youngguru

V͎͡Ị̠̳SI͉ƠN̡
Reaction score
Chris has a number of injuries. Knee, ankle, elbow, wrist. It didn't really hurt his shooting.
Lmao um.... Deron had bone fragments in his fucking shooting wrist. You shoot with your wrist, that would affect your shooting percentage like crazy.

uwp

Reaction score
And you're a homer.

Derrick Rose is the best PG in the NBA. He won MVP for a reason. He's still in the playoffs for a reason.

And im a damn Celtics fan.
You're an idiot. MVP stands for MOST VALUABLE PLAYER, not BEST PLAYER. Sure, Derrick Rose is the MVP, congrats to him. He's still not on Paul's or D-Will's level until his assists go up.

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
DROSE, just because someone improved from their other shitty numbers doesn't mean it's good.

If somebody hits .200 in baseball one season then hits .240 the next, they still suck, despite the improvement.

dcpwner

Reaction score
33% from 3 doesnt suck and neither does 44% from the field.

He's asked to play the point not only because of his size but because of his vision. He's started making smarter plays with the ball, true he's not the best pure PG in the league, I'll never argue that (until he is) but IMO hes the best at the position in terms of what he brings to the team. IDK just how I see it as a Bulls fan

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Lmao um.... Deron had bone fragments in his fucking shooting wrist. You shoot with your wrist, that would affect your shooting percentage like crazy.
Shooting is more in the legs than it is in the arm, any coach would tell you that.

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
Shooting is more in the legs than it is in the arm, any coach would tell you that.
Doesn't matter, you have to flick your wrist every time you shoot the ball. Feeling excruciating pain every shot you take is going to lead to a lot of misses

youngguru

V͎͡Ị̠̳SI͉ƠN̡
Reaction score
It wasn't his arm, it was his damn wrist. Anyone who has ever played basketball could tell you that your wrist is more important. Just look at players who barely jump on their shots like Dirk. I'm sure he would rather take a leg injury over a wrist injury. I can't believe we are even arguing this. Have you ever even shot a basketball?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%