Chris Paul or Deron Williams?

Chris Paul or Deron Williams?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

BwareDWare94

Where were you when the world stopped turning?
Reaction score
Chris Paul, without question.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Doesn't matter, you have to flick your wrist every time you shoot the ball. Feeling excruciating pain every shot you take is going to lead to a lot of misses
I get what your saying, but people are acting as if CP was healthy. Why didn't his injuries (knee, elbow, wrist) lower his shooting percentages?

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
It wasn't his arm, it was his damn wrist. Anyone who has ever played basketball could tell you that your wrist is more important. Just look at players who barely jump on their shots like Dirk. I'm sure he would rather take a leg injury over a wrist injury. I can't believe we are even arguing this. Have you ever even shot a basketball?
Yeah I've shot a basketball, and I've also been to a number of clinic's hosted by college and NBA coaches AND I've studied the game in school. Every last one of them will say that your shot is all in the legs. I'm not arguing that the injury shouldn't lower his percentages, because it will, but if you really think your arm/wrist is more important than your legs, well I don't know what to tell you. Have you ever heard of beef? Also, it's not about jumping, it's about the balance and bend in your legs.

youngguru

V͎͡Ị̠̳SI͉ƠN̡
Reaction score
Yeah I've shot a basketball, and I've also been to a number of clinic's hosted by college and NBA coaches AND I've studied the game in school. Every last one of them will say that your shot is all in the legs. I'm not arguing that the injury shouldn't lower his percentages, because it will, but if you really think your arm/wrist is more important than your legs, well I don't know what to tell you. Have you ever heard of beef? Also, it's not about jumping, it's about the balance and bend in your legs.
Have you ever heard of wheelchair basketball? Also, please tell me wtf the F stands for in BEEF. Yeah...thats what I thought.

bestkeptsecret13

Chicago's Finest
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
He won MVP because he put up flashy numbers. He doesn't have the impact on the game that CP and Deron do. Don't buy into the Rose hype.
I had to comment on this though... Have you ever watched a Bulls game? I've never seen Deron or Paul impact the game like Derrick does...

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I had to comment on this though... Have you ever watched a Bulls game? I've never seen Deron or Paul impact the game like Derrick does...
Don't even start that argument, that's one you'll never win. There's only one other player who impacts the game like CP and Deron, and that's Nash. Even he is wearing down.

bestkeptsecret13

Chicago's Finest
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Don't even start that argument, that's one you'll never win. There's only one other player who impacts the game like CP and Deron, and that's Nash. Even he is wearing down.
LeBron James? Kobe Bryant? Dwyane Wade? Dwight Howard? Kevin Durant? I'm pretty sure they all impact the game more than CP3 and Deron as well...

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
???

So people that have more of an impact than those two are eliminated from the discussion? I guess that's why Derrick isn't involved in this argument then.
Good god man, different players have different types of impact on the game. Chris Paul and Deron Williams impact the game more than any other point guards, they're #1 and #2.

bestkeptsecret13

Chicago's Finest
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Good god man, different players have different types of impact on the game. Chris Paul and Deron Williams impact the game more than any other point guards, they're #1 and #2.
I still don't understand how you can say they have more of an impact on a game than Derrick Rose does. It just doesn't make sense to me. You've either never watched a Bulls game or are just a Rose hater. Rose easily effects the game as much as anyone in the NBA. Does that mean he's the best player in the league? No... But he has as big of an impact as anyone.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I still don't understand how you can say they have more of an impact on a game than Derrick Rose does. It just doesn't make sense to me. You've either never watched a Bulls game or are just a Rose hater. Rose easily effects the game as much as anyone in the NBA. Does that mean he's the best player in the league? No... But he has as big of an impact as anyone.
I'm not going to argue anymore with you. If you can't see the faults in his game, and there are a number of them (it comes with being a young player), then that's your fault. Not saying he's a bad player, and I'm definitely not a "hater," but Rose still has a lot of room to grow and get better in certain areas. Which is scary for the league to think about.

As for not watching the Bulls games, I've watched every playoff game and the Bulls games are broadcasted on Channel 39 WGN at my house, the only other team that is broadcasted with my cable provider, and honestly I have no idea why I get their games. If the Hornets aren't playing that night, and the Bulls are, I watch them. I probably watched over 50 games this regular season. Infact, the White Sox are on WGN right now, so I could prove that too you if you choose to not believe me.

bestkeptsecret13

Chicago's Finest
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I'm not going to argue anymore with you. If you can't see the faults in his game, and there are a number of them (it comes with being a young player), then that's your fault. Not saying he's a bad player, and I'm definitely not a "hater," but Rose still has a lot of room to grow and get better in certain areas. Which is scary for the league to think about.

As for not watching the Bulls games, I've watched every playoff game and the Bulls games are broadcasted on Channel 39 WGN at my house, the only other team that is broadcasted with my cable provider, and honestly I have no idea why I get their games. If the Hornets aren't playing that night, and the Bulls are, I watch them. I probably watched over 50 games this regular season. Infact, the White Sox are on WGN right now, so I could prove that too you if you choose to not believe me.
LOL WGN is a national channel, so yes, I know that Cubs, Sox, and Bulls game are broadcast nationally when they are on WGN... You get them for the same reason I get Atlanta Braves games, they are on TBS, a national channel.

And obviously Rose has faults in his game. His defense is still not good and his jump shot, while better than before, isn't as good as it's going to be. That's not what we're arguing about.

We're talking about impact on the game. That's the only point I wanted to comment on in this thread, because it's stupid to say that Rose doesn't have the impact on the game that Paul and Deron do. It's obvious that Rose impacts the game just as much as any player in the league.

Again, does that mean he's the best player? No, no, not at all. I'm just saying as far as impact goes, Rose is up there with any player. If Rose isn't on, the Bulls are most likely going to lose. If Rose is playing great, nobody is going to stop the Bulls. We're talking impact, not who's the best...

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
CP3 and Deron can impact the game on Defense...Nash is a piss poor defender

But back to Deron/Cp3...if its 08 Cp3...then I take him no question. But I prefer Deron a bit more. So Ill rock with D-Will

WhenIRap

valanciunas
Reaction score
I'm gonna go with CP3 on this one. They're both tremendous players, but Paul edges it out for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%