Chad Ford Mock Draft 2.0

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
So it has no impact at all that he missed out on a year in high school and jumped straight to the NCAA, into a mess of a situation, and struggled behind some shoot happy wing players with no real point guard?

You told me a couple weeks ago that Harrison Barnes was a superior prospect to MKG so I'm not exactly sure how you are looking at these players.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
So it has no impact at all that he missed out on a year in high school and jumped straight to the NCAA, into a mess of a situation, and struggled behind some shoot happy wing players with no real point guard?

You told me a couple weeks ago that Harrison Barnes was a superior prospect to MKG so I'm not exactly sure how you are looking at these players.
Hey, all I will say is that I hope the Cavs get into position to draft him because apparently you like him. I hope he does well in the league.

The Hornets however, aren't in a position to draft someone with a bust rate as high as his.

And I've recently changed my views on Barnes as he completely saw his stock drop like a rock with his bad play to end the year.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Hey, all I will say is that I hope the Cavs get into position to draft him because apparently you like him. I hope he does well in the league.

The Hornets however, aren't in a position to draft someone with a bust rate as high as his.

And I've recently changed my views on Barnes as he completely saw his stock drop like a rock with his bad play to end the year.
Kyrie and Drummond on the PnR would terrorize teams so I do hope they get in position to draft him, but I still would prefer Bradley Beal or MKG if they can get either at all.

Centers aren't easy to find, especially with his ability.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Drummond's ceiling is VERY high but he has a better chance of busting in this class than anybody.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Kyrie and Drummond on the PnR would terrorize teams so I do hope they get in position to draft him, but I still would prefer Bradley Beal or MKG if they can get either at all.

Centers aren't easy to find, especially with his ability.
I'd say finding a actual starting caliber center is nearly impossible.

What is your opinion on Beal? Honestly I didn't watch him all that much but I've heard from a few people that he seemed to lack ruthlessness.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Drummond's ceiling is VERY high but he has a better chance of busting in this class than anybody.
Yep.

Like I said, Hornets aren't in a position to go that route.

Though I would say Drummond has a better chance of busting than living up to his potential.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I'd say finding a actual starting caliber center is nearly impossible.

What is your opinion on Beal? Honestly I didn't watch him all that much but I've heard from a few people that he seemed to lack ruthlessness.
He's got a balanced all around game, although a little undersized. He didn't put up staggering numbers but he was playing out of position with two small shoot first guards (Boynton, Walker). When I watched him it looked like his isolation game could use a little work, but other than that he's rock solid.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Big men always have a higher bust rate than anyone, will never change but the reward is much greater if they develop correctly.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Big men always have a higher bust rate than anyone, will never change but the reward is much greater if they develop correctly.
Obviously, but we're not talking about a big man that is skilled i.e. Anthony Davis. Drummond is so raw.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Obviously, but we're not talking about a big man that is skilled i.e. Anthony Davis. Drummond is so raw.
And I'm not debating that either. He's supremely talented and in the right situation he could become a beast. If he goes to a place like Sacramento, then yea, he's probably going to bust but I guess I would trust his development more if he were playing with a great PG such as Kyrie, which is why I would love him on the Cavs.

Yankees2772

RIP Derek Boogaard
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Honestly I could careless where he was supposed to be this year. Bottom line is that he was at UCONN and not in high school and played bad all year, really didn't display anything that should make him a top pick.

Hopefully the Hornets don't even consider him with our first pick. Which I've heard is the case as he is very low on our board.
10/8 with 3 blocks as a freshman center playing on a team full of chuckers? You'll be hardpressed to find many freshman centers with stats like that dude.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Stats are overrated.

Who's the coach that said "stats are for losers?"

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
10 and 8 are far less than what he was expected to do, however.

Yankees2772

RIP Derek Boogaard
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
What is an underwhelming 10 and 8? Like I said, he's a freshman center... And not the focal point of his team like say Cody Zeller, Greg Oden, etc were. He plays on a team where he might be the 4th or even 5th option offensively, and they have good enough size where he isn't the only rebounder either. I'm not saying he was a world beater out there, but you have to qualify his stats a bit with that background instead of just judging it as is.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
What is an underwhelming 10 and 8? Like I said, he's a freshman center... And not the focal point of his team like say Cody Zeller, Greg Oden, etc were. He plays on a team where he might be the 4th or even 5th option offensively, and they have good enough size where he isn't the only rebounder either. I'm not saying he was a world beater out there, but you have to qualify his stats a bit with that background instead of just judging it as is.
He may not be the focal point of that team, but it's about the fact that he showed limited skills in the post, limited scoring ability, etc. It doesn't really matter who he played for, he just doesn't have the post skills right now to be a force. I get that he's young and all that, but he really under performed. Not to mention the concerns of how driven is he to even get better? People keep saying that he's so young, and he has a lot of work to do but he COULD become a dominate force. I don't know, that just sounds like a bust in the making.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Exactly! It's not like Drummond was out there dominating people with post moves but he just didn't get the ball enough. He looked lost out there at times. He's clearly not ready for the NBA, but that won't stop him from going.

Also to make things worse he was a 30-something percent FT shooter...

Yankees2772

RIP Derek Boogaard
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
How many centers in the NBA have good post moves? Dwight seems to have developed them only in the past two years... Then you add maybe Bynum and Cousins? Let's not pretend that there are many good centers in the NBA.

Drummond may not be a freak scorer, but he is a very good defender and has the athleticism to draw comparisons to Dwight Howard. He has the ability offensively to be a good scorer, he actually has a jump shot that would be pretty good for even a PF. With the state of centers in the NBA, I'd say Drummond has a ton of value because he can become a Dwight Howard-lite.

The guy took 8 shots a game and it was his freshman year. Don't judge him based on his stats.

I'm also impressed that he only committed 2.2 fouls a game as a freshman center.

He has great tools, and his offensive rebounding rate show that he is a polished rebounder (which translates very easily to the NBA) and shows his effort.

He's got great mobility, which will show up for him in running with the offense, being an effective pick and roll player, and defense as well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%