Carson Palmer: I have $80M in bank

Status
Not open for further replies.

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
Carson Palmer: I have $80M in bank

Carson Palmer is apparently determined to leave Cincinnati.

Palmer, who has demanded the Bengals trade him, told a confidant he "will never set foot in Paul Brown Stadium again," WCPO-TV in Cincinnati reported Tuesday.

Bengals owner Mike Brown said in January that he will not trade Palmer because the quarterback is crucial to the team's plans.

Several sources told ESPN senior NFL analyst Chris Mortensen in January that Palmer will contemplate retirement if the Bengals do not trade him.

According to Tuesday's report, Palmer said "I have $80 million in the bank. I don't have to play football for money. I'll play it for the love of the game but that would have to be elsewhere. I'm prepared to live my life."

Palmer hasn't talked to the media since making his trade request. A text message seeking comment wasn't returned. Agent David Dunn released a statement saying that "because of the lack of success that Carson and the Bengals have experienced together, Carson strongly feels that a separation between him and the Bengals would be in the best interest of both parties."

Palmer was the franchise's building block when it made him the first overall pick in 2003, Marvin Lewis' first season as coach. He led the Bengals to the playoffs in 2005 and 2009 -- their only winning records in the past 20 years -- and rebounded from severe knee and elbow injuries along the way.

Information from The Associated Press contributed to this report.

Dems some strong words... I don't care anymore, GTFO then. Sick of hearing about it. Hasta La Vista!

Thanks for shoving the 80 million dollars in our faces!

playmaker7

The GOAT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Either way, he's never playing for Cincinnati again...I say trade him and get what you can before he calls it quits.

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
he's trying to gtfo but you guys wont let him.
We aren't stopping him from retiring... Just stopping him from playing for a different team... I don't know, it's a bad situation. If you trade him, then others will think it's OK to be demanding trades, I can see why Mike Brown is standing his ground but you have to be smart about it, too.

footballplaya52

Solo Dolo
Reaction score
you are about to lose part of your "plans" and get nothing in return.

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
I agree, if he's serious about retiring (Which he is), you need to trade him and get something in return. Just letting him walk away and get nothing, is only losing. But, lets hope, if he's granted his wish of being traded, that it doesn't become a big ordeal and half the team starts demanding trades because they fell through with allowing CP to go.

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
I can't even believe he'd say any of this... Wonder if he even did..

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
That 80 million is going to get drained quickly with all the extra large tampons he's going to need.

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
Lmfao, gotta love it when a player wants out of a team because they suck when he was a large part of their sucking

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Let him retire lol. Nobody outside of Cincinnati will be complaining.

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
#Bengals official "We will not trade Carson Palmer. Our stance has not changed. He will either choose to come back here, or he will retire."

Bengals official on Palmer "I don't happen to believe everything that's being reported is accurate. I do know our stance has not changed.

TTN2810

Reaction score
Marvin Lewis and that whole organization is just bad IMO. Clean house, players too. I can see why Palmer wants out. The whole team is thugs.

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
Marvin Lewis and that whole organization is just bad IMO. Clean house, players too. I can see why Palmer wants out. The whole team is thugs.
I don't think Marvin Lewis is bad, he's just coaching a poorly operated organization. Most of the "thugs" are no longer on the team, everyone says that because of prior off the field problems, which has went away, for the most part.

Got this message from a friend...

I received a text message today from the alumni that I had done the interviews with. He states that Carson is done. He will soon be filing his official retirement papers with the NFL office. The alumni says that after the most recent conversation with David Dunn and Mike Brown, that Carson has given up any hope of EVER being traded and thus has accepted the reality of the situation. Carson will never play another down for the Bengals and is at peace with walking away from the game. The alumni says that an official announcement could come before the draft. So it appears Carson's career is over and that the Bengals must now find a new QB.

jrscfnk

Reaction score
As a Bengals fan, I'm comfortable with Carson not being the QB anymore. That's been established, and it's whatever. But it's infuriating to me that they wouldn't consider trading him in order to improve the team. Fuck sending a message. They did that with Chad a few years ago, and turned down two first rounders, and he's still here wrecking the team. Fuck the message, you have to do what's best for the team, period.

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Nobody here thinks he's pulling a Brett Favre.

Like he did against NYJ, Im sure we'll see Mr. Palmer again...

.infamous

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Nobody here thinks he's pulling a Brett Favre.

Like he did against NYJ, Im sure we'll see Mr. Palmer again...
Yeah Im pretty sure thats what he is going to do. Gonna sit a season most likely then come back next year.

playmaker7

The GOAT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Carson thuggin all over the Bengals organization

Fuck man, this team just pissed off a QB who I believe can still be good if he stays healthy

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
As a Bengals fan, I'm comfortable with Carson not being the QB anymore. That's been established, and it's whatever. But it's infuriating to me that they wouldn't consider trading him in order to improve the team. Fuck sending a message. They did that with Chad a few years ago, and turned down two first rounders, and he's still here wrecking the team. Fuck the message, you have to do what's best for the team, period.
...And since when has Mike Brown ever did something right, that was best for the team? I haven't known him to ever do anything right. Things might change as the draft nears, who knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%