Carson Palmer: I have $80M in bank

Status
Not open for further replies.

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
Carson thuggin all over the Bengals organization

Fuck man, this team just pissed off a QB who I believe can still be good if he stays healthy
Carson can still play, there's no doubt in my mind. He just hasn't been happy in Cincinnati and is always getting the shit beat out of him every Sunday! He knows his career is getting shorter and to get where he wants to, it probably would never happen in Cincinnati and he knows it. While he was at fault for some bad play, it definitely wasn't all his fault.

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
This about says it all...

[font="Helvetica][size="2"]
It looks like Carson Palmer is going to end up retiring a Bengal. Giving into a player's demand to be traded is a terrible precedent to set. Not giving into player demands is one of the few things that Mike Brown has done right. If Carson Palmer is willing to walk away from all of the millions of dollars left on his contract, then Mike Brown will be more than happy to let him do so. Not having to pay people is what Mike Brown likes best.
[/size][/font]

[font="Helvetica] [/font][/color]
[quote]C[font="Helvetica][color="#373737"]arson Palmer retiring in some ways could be a blessing in disguise for the Bengals. The 2011 schedule is projected to be very easy. Even with Carson's diminishing skills, the Bengals would probably have finished around .500 if they stayed relatively healthy. They get to play the NFC West which just sent a 7-9 team as the division champ to the playoffs, Broncos, Bills, Titans, and Browns twice. Those teams alone make up seven games against teams picking in the top eight spots in the draft. That doesn't even factor in marginal teams like the Seahawks, Rams, Texans and Jaguars that are on the schedule. They still aren't catching the Steelers or Ravens anytime soon though. At least not without something drastic happening.
[/font]
[font="Helvetica] [/font]
[font="Helvetica][color="#373737"]Why am I advocating bottoming out for one season? The reason is simple. Andrew Luck is more than likely going to be in the 2012 NFL Draft. Put quite simply, he is the best quarterback prospect I have seen since Peyton Manning. Maybe even better. He is the sort of talent that can turn a franchise around even if they do have a terrible owner. I believe the only thing that could derail him would be a major injury. Luck is a franchise savior, and bottoming out for one year would be well worth it to get him. In the end Bengals fans may have Carson Palmer's crybaby attitude to thank for turning around the franchise.[/color][/font][/quote]
[font="Helvetica][color="#373737"] [/color][/font]

TTN2810

Reaction score
Don't count on Luck though, everyone thought Locker was Jesus himself last year. Just saying, anything can happen.

What are the rules for Palmer though? If he retires, when he comes back, wouldn't the Bengals still have his right like the Giants still have Tiki's rights?
Or, is this under the assumption the Bengals will already have another QB, so when he does comeback, they'd release him?

jrscfnk

Reaction score
Don't count on Luck though, everyone thought Locker was Jesus himself last year. Just saying, anything can happen.

What are the rules for Palmer though? If he retires, when he comes back, wouldn't the Bengals still have his right like the Giants still have Tiki's rights?
Or, is this under the assumption the Bengals will already have another QB, so when he does comeback, they'd release him?
I think the likely scenario is that Mike Brown would be unwilling to pay Carson and keep him on the Reserve/Retired list, so a Favre-esque scenario could take place.

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
Man the Bengals have got to be the dumbest franchise I have ever seen in my life. So you are going to call his bluff, and if he does retire then the organization ends up looking stupid and with nothing in return. Very nice, let him go. The Bengals have been horrible for a while now, Carson Palmer wont change that singlehandedly. Its time to tear it down and rebuild, but the Bengals are too stubborn to move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%