Calvin Johnson plans to retire

Stray32

Reaction score
Yeah I think Calvin wants to retire but would be open to being coerced back for one more year ... but Quinn isn't even trying.

It's a shame, I really wish we were able to send him out on a better note cuz I love the guy and he's definitely earned this

JZsportswhiz

Reaction score
He was set to make $24 million in 2016, and $21 million in 2017. He clearly didn't play just for the money

Good for him to retire when he is healthy, but questionable decision given that he could have played a couple more seasons and cemented himself as a legend, along with earning $45 million more, and still retire at 32 with 2 more years still on his record breaking deal

Username

Reaction score
inb4 the Packers recruit him out of retirement

Baller

Banned
Reaction score
Damn, what a shame. One of the best receivers of all time.

Cloud 9

Reverse the curse
Reaction score
Username said:
inb4 the Packers recruit him out of retirement
It's not as simple as that, if he decides to unretire the Lions still have his rights and he would have to play for them. They could always workout a trade or something too, but it's unlikely. He's probably gonna retire forreal forreal

Username

Reaction score
Cloud 9 said:
It's not as simple as that, if he decides to unretire the Lions still have his rights and he would have to play for them. They could always workout a trade or something too, but it's unlikely. He's probably gonna retire forreal forreal
I know I wasn't being serious. It'd just be amazing to pair rodgers with megatron

Cloud 9

Reverse the curse
Reaction score
Username said:
I know I wasn't being serious. It'd just be amazing to pair rodgers with megatron
Imagine if Calvin could've actually played with a real QB like Rivers or Rodgers or Brady or Brees lol. Could've been scary

Username

Reaction score
Cloud 9 said:
Imagine if Calvin could've actually played with a real QB like Rivers or Rodgers or Brady or Brees lol. Could've been scary
Literally could've been the goat

Stray32

Reaction score
I actually love Stafford, I think the main problem was incompetent offensive leadership (Martz lol, Lombardi lol, Lions in general smfh) and a complete inability to put good players around him (went years without a real 2nd option on offense). Plus the normal Lions bad luck

47th oG

Reaction score
Stray32 said:
I actually love Stafford, I think the main problem was incompetent offensive leadership (Martz lol, Lombardi lol, Lions in general smfh) and a complete inability to put good players around him (went years without a real 2nd option on offense). Plus the normal Lions bad luck
The offense was legit towards the last half of the season under Jim Bob Cooter

Stray32

Reaction score
As much as I love him I really hope he makes his decision before the league year starts otherwise he's gonna be dead money on the books, we need to be able to bring in a WR along with everything else we need

Stray32

Reaction score
TheRivals40 said:
He's gonna "retire" and then get scooped up by the Patriots.
Nope, Lions maintain his rights even after he retires

Stray32

Reaction score
It's official ... goodbye Calvin

One of the greatest, most talented, classiest WRs ever

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%