47th oG

Reaction score
It's going to be interesting to hear what happens to him this off season

cavsfan817

You trying to get the pipe?
Reaction score
47th oG said:
RIP Lions?
Well I don't think anyone had them doing much before but when one of the best receivers in league history retires young it's hard to recover...

Sutherby

Reaction score
I wonder how long until this becomes the norm. Guys getting in & out with some money before they do too much permanent damage to their body & brain.

cavsfan817

You trying to get the pipe?
Reaction score
Sutherby said:
I wonder how long until this becomes the norm. Guys getting in & out with some money before they do too much permanent damage to their body & brain.
I think it's becoming the norm sooner rather than later. We saw the same thing last year with the 49ers. It's smart if they have a decent sense of how to manage money.

47th oG

Reaction score
[TWEET]693922634338295810[/TWEET]
[TWEET]693925045819817984[/TWEET]
[TWEET]693927396135813120[/TWEET]

Sutherby

Reaction score
cavsfan817 said:
I think it's becoming the norm sooner rather than later. We saw the same thing last year with the 49ers. It's smart if they have a decent sense of how to manage money.
Agreed. It might not doom the sport just because there's going to be 1000+ guys lining up to take their roster spots when they retire but the quality will suffer.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
Nobody said it would doom the sport. These guys come out after 1-3 years of college, so they're in their early 20s. Even at 30 years of age that is still a lot of mileage.

Not to mention the players are getting stronger and faster, meaning these receivers take more punishment every year.

He's getting out at while he can still run, good for him.

CP3MVP

#OrlandoStrong
Reaction score
inb4 the Patriots recruit him out of retirement

Sutherby

Reaction score
GMF said:
Nobody said it would doom the sport. These guys come out after 1-3 years of college, so they're in their early 20s. Even at 30 years of age that is still a lot of mileage.

Not to mention the players are getting stronger and faster, meaning these receivers take more punishment every year.

He's getting out at while he can still run, good for him.
Who said that anybody said it would doom the sport?

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
You said "It might not doom the sport..."

I just thought that was an odd choice of words. Normally a person wouldn't make that comment unless it was in response to someone.

Sutherby

Reaction score
GMF said:
You said "It might not doom the sport..."

I just thought that was an odd choice of words. Normally a person wouldn't make that comment unless it was in response to someone.
It was building off my own point about this potentially becoming the norm for players to retire so early in their career.

JZsportswhiz

Reaction score
Good for him. Sucks to see him go, even as a fan in the NFCN, would still like to have him around the division.

Last year the change began. It won't be many, but every offseason I think we will see more young players retiring. Last year with Borland, Willis, and Locker eyes opened around the league. Smart to leave while you are set to live a financially secure and happy life

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
Sutherby said:
It was building off my own point about this potentially becoming the norm for players to retire so early in their career.
oh ok, that makes sense.

At the end of the day, this might actually be good for the sport. If elite players are making enough money where they can retire at earlier ages than most, it'll reduce the chances of long term health issues.

tyfreak

Members
Reaction score
cavsfan817 said:
Shouldn't be too difficult, but I´ve never had that type of money to deal with lol. They can always hire someone to help them deal with their money

Anyways huge loss for the Lions, would like to see him come back elsewhere, but doesn´t seem like he´s leaving to get away from the Lions, rather to protect his body

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%