Breakdown of Suh Sacks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blake

I'm goin' lamb bruh.
Reaction score
Apparently, McCoy is the only one on here that understands what I'm saying.

Suh is going to get sacks, that's his role in that defense, that's what he was drafted to do.

McCoy isn't supposed to get sacks, that's not his main role, he's supposed to get pressure and get double-teamed, that's what he was drafted to do.

Both of them do what they're supposed to do, what I'm saying is that if McCoy played with KVB and Avril, he too would be getting the exposure that Suh is getting. I'm not saying Suh isn't good, if you remember pre-draft, I was dying to get the guy.

You all don't get what I'm trying to say. Suh isn't God, he's just doing his job, which is to allow the ends to pressure the QB right into him, which works.

Holy <Censored>.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Lol.
I don't get it though. So if he plays with good ends all his career and produces he won't go down as a good player, just a guy doing his job? lol

Blake

I'm goin' lamb bruh.
Reaction score
Suh isn't Cortez Kennedy.

Kennedy did Suhs' job without good ends.

Suh still needs to progress, as does McCoy.

McCoy's development in the three technique will take longer than most others.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Well let's get rid of our DE's for the sole reason of proving Suh.

Blake

I'm goin' lamb bruh.
Reaction score
Lol.
I don't get it though. So if he plays with good ends all his career and produces he won't go down as a good player, just a guy doing his job? lol
No, because people as yourself fail to see that his numbers are supposed to be gaudy. Apparently, you don't understand his role in the defense, he's not in the three-position everyplay, some times he plays the two technique, in a 4-3.

McCoy plays the 0-technique in the 3-4 (Tampa 2.1) and the 3-technique in the 4-3.

A 3-technique tackle lines up between the offensive guard and tackle. A 3-technique tackle is supposed to run through his gap immediately. He is a 1-gap player. His job is not to get sacks but to be athletic and get himself into the offensive backfield and disrupt their plans -- or -- tie-up as many blockers as possible. Because of this a 3-technique tackle is a lighter more athletic guy than a nose tackle, typically weighing more like 290 to 300 pounds.

Blake

I'm goin' lamb bruh.
Reaction score
Well let's get rid of our DE's for the sole reason of proving Suh.
Are you <Censored>ing retarded? Are you gonna sit there and think that Suh would have more than two sacks with lesser ends?

Blake

I'm goin' lamb bruh.
Reaction score
No <Censored>.

The other players on that line were pathetic but he still got pressure and sacks even being double-teamed.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I apologize Blake. You obviously can predict things that haven't/can't occur. Clearly Suh would be awful without ends. He isn't a physical monster or anything. Or drafted as the best d-line player EVER.
I'm a <Censored>ing idiot to think it has nothing to do with the fact he is an outstanding player.

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
Apparently, McCoy is the only one on here that understands what I'm saying.

Suh is going to get sacks, that's his role in that defense, that's what he was drafted to do.

McCoy isn't supposed to get sacks, that's not his main role, he's supposed to get pressure and get double-teamed, that's what he was drafted to do.

Both of them do what they're supposed to do, what I'm saying is that if McCoy played with KVB and Avril, he too would be getting the exposure that Suh is getting. I'm not saying Suh isn't good, if you remember pre-draft, I was dying to get the guy.

You all don't get what I'm trying to say. Suh isn't God, he's just doing his job, which is to allow the ends to pressure the QB right into him, which works.

Holy <Censored>.
McCoy isn't suppose to get sacks? Him and Suh don't have the same roles?
McCoy is the UT, along with Suh. They're not the NT's of the 4-3 line, so both of their jobs is to actually rush the passer, not stop the run and plug holes like the NT.

Blake

I'm goin' lamb bruh.
Reaction score
I apologize Blake. You obviously can predict things that haven't/can't occur. Clearly Suh would be awful without ends. He isn't a physical monster or anything. Or drafted as the best d-line player EVER.
I'm a <Censored>ing idiot to think it has nothing to do with the fact he is an outstanding player.
He was not drafted the best defensive linemen ever.

He is a great player, that's not what's being said here, I can point out the obvious. All but 1.5 of his sacks were go the pressure by either Avril or KVB.

Blake

I'm goin' lamb bruh.
Reaction score
McCoy isn't suppose to get sacks? Him and Suh don't have the same roles?
McCoy is the UT, along with Suh. They're not the NT's of the 4-3 line, so both of their jobs is to actually rush the passer, not stop the run and plug holes like the NT.
McCoy's role: Occupy linemen to free up blitzers, fill holes, break-up plays in the backfield

Which he does.

Also, McCoy doesn't play NT in situations.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Cortez Kennedy? Joe Greene? John Randle? (I know he was undrafted)
What about them lol.
I'm just saying what a lot of analysts said.

He was not drafted the best defensive linemen ever.

He is a great player, that's not what's being said here, I can point out the obvious. All but 1.5 of his sacks were go the pressure by either Avril or KVB.
Alright. Well then I'll get back to you when Suh plays with <Censored>ty ends, and the games are completely different cause our defensive schemes will then change.

Better yet I'll let Suh know not to play, and just let the dude guarding him beat him everytime.
It's not like Suh doesn't get tackles or constant pressure or anything.

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
McCoy's role: Occupy linemen to free up blitzers, fill holes, break-up plays in the backfield

Which he does.

Also, McCoy doesn't play NT in situations.
No, UTs Job is to be the pass rushing DT.
Also, Terrance Knighton who is possibly the most out of shape DT in the league, ands job is to not even pass rush has 3sacks on the season. So that tells you what about McCoy?

Reaction score
What about them lol.
I'm just saying what a lot of analysts said.
Are you telling me you would take Suh over Hall of Fame players? Your insane if you think so even though I think Suh is gonna be a great player.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Are you telling me you would take Suh over Hall of Fame players? Your insane if you think so even though I think Suh is gonna be a great player.
Did you not read what I said? lol

I meant DT.
And you get what I meant. He was regarded as the best DT tackle prospect ever out of college.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%