Bosox's Mock Draft (Picks 1-10)

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
1. IND: QB Luck

Is there even a question to this? Irsay said Luck will be a Colt. Goodbye Peyton.

2. STL: OT Kalil

Stud tackle, and is the second best prospect in this draft class. Will be a strong contributer at LT, with Saffold moving to a more comfortable position of RT. Jason Smith was a huge bust, and they need someone to protect Bradford from getting "Carr Syndrome"

3. MIN: CB Claiborne

Yes, Alabama roundhoused LSU in the Title Game. But Alabama almost never threw it at Claiborne. He's that type of shutdown corner that will succeed in the NFL quite well. With the Vikings having one of the worst secondaries in football, CB is a far better decision than WR. The only teams who had worse pass defenses than Minnesota, and didnt have a Top 5 passing offense (get more yards, opposition will try to throw more against you to tie score), were the Raiders, who have a terrible secondary now that Nnamdi is gone, and Chicago, who also has a bad secondary. Mo is the pick

4. CLE: QB Griffin III

No brainer here, outside Luck, RGIII is the top guy on the Browns radar. They make this pick with no hesitation.

5. TB: WR Blackmon

Whoever Minnesota takes, Tampa will take the other, assuming no trades. Blackmon has too good of a value to give up like that at this pick.

6. WAS: RB Richardson

BPA. Assuming they dont trade down to get a Tannehill later in the draft. Trent had a very good senior year, and Trent will give some pressure off of [Insert QB name here].

7. JAX: WR Jeffery

I know this is a reach. Couples is the best available, but isnt a need for the Jags. Assuming Blackmon isnt available, they will probably trade this pick. If not, they reach to get Jeffery, who has the potential to be a very good WR.

8. MIA: DE/LB Couples

Cameron Wake had a great season last year. Was much more quiet this year. With Jason Taylor retiring, and Couples being the BPA, this should be the pick. He is a great pass rusher, and could possibly take some attention off Wake (or be left with less attention on his side and exploit). Reiff will be looked at here as a possibility.

9. CAR: CB Kirkpatrick

Almost a no-brainer pick. Reiff might be looked at here, but Kirkpatrick fills that CB positional need.

10. BUF: OT Reiff

The OT finally comes off the board in help to protect that Buffalo Bills team. Fitzpatrick proved to be pretty good with time, and Reiff will help. He can assist in helping the running game out, since they have two very good RBs in Jackson and Spiller (Spiller isnt great yet, but he will be in a few years IMO)

WILL DO THE REST OF THE DRAFT SOON

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
It's Coples...and this is bad. The Redskins aren't taking a RB in the 1st round, let alone the Top 10. Shanahan turns scrub RBs into studs on the reg. Jeffrey isn't going in the top 10. The Bucs have no reason to take Blackmon, they have a bunch of WRs that are the same mold that Blackmon is. Why would Carolina even consider Reiff when they have Jeff Otah already.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
The same Jeff Otah who has played 4 games for the past two seasons, and has missed more games due to injury than he has played in his career? Because of his injured history, i said the Panthers would look at Reiff, because he's a solid OT, and they might have a hole there. I also said, "CB Kirkpatrick. Almost a no-brainer pick".

Who would you suggest Tampa Bay picking then? Taking Richardson is just as "stupid" as taking Blackmon, and Blackmon is the far better player. Claiborne is not available. Reiff is somewhat a reach at #5. Kirkpatrick is a big reach at #5 (is more suited for the 11-16 range, but #9 is fine for a player who fits a need and is good enough to make a 2 pick reach justifiable). The Bucs drafted Clayborn and Bowers last year, so Coples is not a need (still not as good as Blackmon).

Similar to the Bucs situation, who would Jacksonville pick over Jeffery? Coples is not a need, the Jags defense is fine and not an area of need to spend a Top 10 draft pick. They have Monroe and Britton, so Reiff isnt the pick. Jags need a playmaking WR. While its a reach, teams reach when they have a glaring need at that position. I cant say this enough, this is a reach. But its a reach the Jaguars will probably do in order to give Gabbert some receiving threats.

And that Washington comment is really dumb as fuck. Helu rushed less yards than Benjarvus Green Ellis this year as the Skins top RB. Shanahan's run offenses were 30th in the league in 2010, and 25th in 2011. Yep, STUDS.

SMH

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yeah, who gives a shit if Carolina has Otah. Dude is never on the field, and even when he has been he hasn't really shown to be anything special. His best year was his rookie year.

Tampa needs a corner and Claiborne would be the obvious choice, but will he make it past Minny? They could use a LT, but Kalil at #2 should be a no brainer.

I also agree with bosox that Washington could take Richardson, kid is too special to pass up.

Rice18

I'm emotionally vested in me.
Reaction score
If we go Claiborne, I may throw my laptop at the wall.

:fuckface:

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
I really think the Rams will select Blackmon, call me stupid, I know they have a ton of holes to fill, but I think they go with Blackmon. The WR core has been a weakness for them, they did pick up Lloyd but they could use Blackmon. Also, Lloyd will be a free agent this offseason. They need a lot of help on defense, too.

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
And that Washington comment is really dumb as fuck. Helu rushed less yards than Benjarvus Green Ellis this year as the Skins top RB. Shanahan's run offenses were 30th in the league in 2010, and 25th in 2011. Yep, STUDS.
Helu didn't start until week 8, and didn't see significant touches in the run game until week 11. He reeled off three straight 100 yard games before he got hurt, and scored a 50 yard TD against Philly hobbling on one leg in the last game of the season.

The Skins had 4 RB's start a game this season throughout the year... which is why one didn't put up big time numbers.

Hightower, Helu and Royster are three good young backs... We're going to have to cut Torain just to keep all three of them (Torain sucks, but just saying.), so there is really no reason to take a running back.

QB, Tackle or bust IMO.

For what it's worth, I wouldn't be upset to have Richardson on the team, but taking him wouldn't improve the team. RB is the only position on the offense that isn't a need.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I'm convinced we're taking RG3, unless some ridiculous shit happens like Peyton Manning gets cut and they sign him.

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
I think the Redskins will trade up to #2, take Robert Griffin III, St. Louis will drop to #6 and take Blackmon. Of course they'd have to hope nobody else takes him, which is hard to know.

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
Either way, at #6 for STL they would have someone available that would help them out tremendously if Blackmon is already gone by then.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
If we go Claiborne, I may throw my laptop at the wall.

:fuckface:
Why?

Peterson and Mathieu are more known but Claiborne is the better cover corner of the two.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
Either way, at #6 for STL they would have someone available that would help them out tremendously if Blackmon is already gone by then.
If Washington trades to #2 to get RGIII, Blackmon prolly goes to Cleveland.
If Cleveland trades up to #2, STL drafts Blackmon 4th overall
If Jacksonville trades to #2 they are going after Blackmon

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
If Washington trades to #2 to get RGIII, Blackmon prolly goes to Cleveland.
If Cleveland trades up to #2, STL drafts Blackmon 4th overall
If Jacksonville trades to #2 they are going after Blackmon
I could see Cleveland going after Trent Richardson...

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I wouldn't mind taking him, but I'm pretty sure Browns management would take Luck, RG3, Blackmon and Claiborne over Trent.

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
I just see Washington finding a way to be aggressive and end up getting Robert Griffin III.

Mooche

Reaction score
Thanks for doing one of these so we have some discussion. I was actually going to get going on an early one pretty soon here.

Anyways, just some of my thoughts on it:

-The first few picks I could see happening. I guess I am one of the few people that still doesn't think Kalil is a lock to the Rams, even though he is the second best player on the board. However, the first few picks I have it in a different fashion but they do make sense to me.

-Washington I think is going to make a huge splash. They'll make a big play for RGIII or they'll make a humungous reach on Tannehill from A&M. He will not be playing in the Senior Bowl it looks like because of a foot injury, but don't rule out the reach. Like mentioned, the Redskins have a boatload of backs on their team, and Shanny always believes in production from guys in later rounds. Add to the fact that the RB position is becoming less, and less in the NFL I believe TRich takes a bit of a slide.

-The Miami pick is difficult but I really am liking Upshaw for them. He had a terrific title game, and his stock is only going to increase from here on out. The Dolphins running the 34 defense could very well look to pair a player with Wake, and I don't believe that Coples is the best fit for that defense. Coples projects to be a better 43 DE. The "sexy" pick for Miami has been either Martin or Reiff, but it's still one hell of an early price to pay for a RT in the Draft to me, no matter what anybody says.

Overall -- not too shabby. Thanks for the Mock.

NCSportsfan21

Reaction score
It's Coples...and this is bad. The Redskins aren't taking a RB in the 1st round, let alone the Top 10. Shanahan turns scrub RBs into studs on the reg. Jeffrey isn't going in the top 10. The Bucs have no reason to take Blackmon, they have a bunch of WRs that are the same mold that Blackmon is. Why would Carolina even consider Reiff when they have Jeff Otah already.
1. Tampa needs an impact WR desperately. All they have are 2s or 3s, they do not have a Blackmon.

2. Otah is always injured, always. And Jordan Gross is overrated. Reiff would be a nice addition. I'd prefer Martin, though...

3. I 100% agree on Shanahan though. Plus they have Evan Royster

Rice18

I'm emotionally vested in me.
Reaction score
Why?

Peterson and Mathieu are more known but Claiborne is the better cover corner of the two.
Most people forget that we didn't have Winfield or Griffin all season. Though I am growing on picking a CB, I still think we don't go CB unless we move Winfield.

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
Thanks for doing one of these so we have some discussion. I was actually going to get going on an early one pretty soon here.

Anyways, just some of my thoughts on it:

-The first few picks I could see happening. I guess I am one of the few people that still doesn't think Kalil is a lock to the Rams, even though he is the second best player on the board. However, the first few picks I have it in a different fashion but they do make sense to me.

-Washington I think is going to make a huge splash. They'll make a big play for RGIII or they'll make a humungous reach on Tannehill from A&M. He will not be playing in the Senior Bowl it looks like because of a foot injury, but don't rule out the reach. Like mentioned, the Redskins have a boatload of backs on their team, and Shanny always believes in production from guys in later rounds. Add to the fact that the RB position is becoming less, and less in the NFL I believe TRich takes a bit of a slide.

-The Miami pick is difficult but I really am liking Upshaw for them. He had a terrific title game, and his stock is only going to increase from here on out. The Dolphins running the 34 defense could very well look to pair a player with Wake, and I don't believe that Coples is the best fit for that defense. Coples projects to be a better 43 DE. The "sexy" pick for Miami has been either Martin or Reiff, but it's still one hell of an early price to pay for a RT in the Draft to me, no matter what anybody says.

Overall -- not too shabby. Thanks for the Mock.
Agreed.

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
Most people forget that we didn't have Winfield or Griffin all season. Though I am growing on picking a CB, I still think we don't go CB unless we move Winfield.
Griffin = Garbo and a shell of his former self.. After all his injuries.

Winfield = getting really old and its starting to show. Gets beat often on the outside.

Cook = Fucking bust who cant live a good life off the field.

Yep, lock em up for Claiborne.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%