Bosh to Miami

Status
Not open for further replies.

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
From realgm.com
Chris Bosh will be signed-and-traded to the Miami Heat along with Jose Calderon.

The Heat will send Mario Chalmers and two future-round picks to the Raptors. Toronto will also receive a large trade exception in the deal. It is anticipated that Bosh will receive a maximum-salary contract in the deal.

Ric Bucher of ESPN broke the story.

The next logical domino to fall is expected to be Dwyane Wade re-signing with the Heat on a max contract.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Wow. Wonder where this leaves LeBron now. NY?

But a great deal for Pat Riley.

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Wow well apparently Ric Bucher is taking back the report now. Wow. He fooled realgm and rotoworld and most of the message boards for 10 minutes

http://twitter.com/ricbucher

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
That's not done.

Twitter brevity raises its dangerous head once again. There is no trade between Mia + Tor. Sorry for any confusion/raised blood pressure.
He was just throwing an idea out there.

Not sure where the idea Tor won't S&T w/Mia came from, but it's not true. Calderon/Bosh for Chalmers, 2 future 1sts + trade exception: done.
He didn't mean it was actually done, just meant it would happen lol.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
People really need to stop using realgm, its probably the worst site out there.

Rios15

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
If it is done, goodbye Bosh. It was while it lasted.

playmaker7

The GOAT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
People are tools

Wait it out to see what happens

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
i use realgm. but i also have other sources and know what could be true and what isnt. the bosh to miami died a couple days go, the s&t did anyways..

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
Bosh and Wade going to Miami per ESPN

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5360134

The pieces of the puzzle are falling together. No Superstar to join LeBron if he goes to Nets, Chicago or stays in Cleveland.

As Rip said last night, LeBron might just happen to end up in NY, the place I've said he will end up for over a year now, the same city the so-called "experts" called "out of it" 1 week ago, and that they had "lost ground".

if LeBron does announce, from Akron tomorrow night, that he is going to the Knicks, I will laugh in the faces of all the doubters -- as Newman once said "All right! But hear me and hear me well! The day will come, oh yes, mark my words. Your day of reckoning is coming, when an evil wind will blow through your little playworld and wipe that smug smile off your face! And I'll be there in all my glory, watching, watching as it all comes crumbling down!"

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Lebron is a f_ggot & he needs to stop dragging this decision out.

As far as Bosh, he was destined to end up alongside D-Wade and in Miami. Problem Miami is going to have is finding a good enough center and some decent depth. Doesn't Riley only have 3 players currently under a contract?

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
Basically they have Beasley and Chalmers in that lineup -- and about $12.1M left to spend. If they trade Beasley they have enough for LeBron, however they'd probably have 0 depth so I just can't imagine LeBron going.

if they don't get LeBron, they can afford to bring in guys like Mike Miller and Ray Allen and have more cap room to bring in veterans who want to win and get that ring.

gotta love that cool ESPN board where they touch and drag people's names into a lineup and show the $$ haha.

Bengals1Fan

Reaction score
ITS DONE
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5360134

dcpwner

Reaction score
Wait, no superstar to join LeBron if he goes to Chicago? Hmmm, id rather take what chicago already has ya know? If I'm lebron I play with Rose, Noah, Deng>Any other situation, we can still try and nab Ray Allen ior mike miller, even Childress as well.

VC15

Reaction score
Lopez, TWill and Harris > Noah and Rose

This past year even tells that story...

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
I just don't think Chicago is where he wants to go. Yesterday there was so much revolving around LeBron trying to talk Bosh into a sign and trade with the Cavaliers -- almost like he wants one of the big free agents along-side him wherever he goes and that he was trying to find any piece of the puzzle to make him WANT to stay in Cleveland -- and with Amar'e in NY, with the possibility of them acquiring a PG like Tony Parker or even Chris Paul whose name has been mentioned, I just think NY seems like a smarter long-term move for LeBron.

Broussard also says he's had conversations with Amar'e before Amar'e signed with the Knicks that he was trying to talk Amar'e into joining him in Cleveland.

Bosh, Wade and LeBron have talked so much over the last week with their conference calls and all that, that if LeBron wanted to go to Chicago, Bosh would have gone with him. Bosh wanted to go with him anywhere BUT Cleveland.

It just seems like the Knicks makes more sense. he gets to play with another superstar, he likes the potential in Gallinari, and in Miami winning a few titles won't be viewed as great on his part because of the talent already around him -- that if he went to New York and was able to win a title on one of the biggest stages in the world, his legacy would be even greater.

VC15

Reaction score
Since when is Stoudemire a superstar? An overpaid and overrated star? Yes. But he is not in the class of Kobe, LeTravel, etc...

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
Here's how I see it: Bosh wanted to go where LeBron went unless it was Cleveland. LeBron talked to him and said along the lines of "I like the Knicks, because I get Amar'e next to me and a potential top PG down the road. But I'll go to Cleveland if you play with me there, because I need the Cavs to have another big piece for me to go back."

I honestly think that only two people in the world know where LeBron is going... and they are.... LeBron James and Chris Bosh.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
Since when is Stoudemire a superstar? An overpaid and overrated star? Yes. But he is not in the class of Kobe, LeTravel, etc...
since when were we talking about Kobe? I'm talking about the talent in the free agency this offseason -- Stoudemire is right up there.

and fine, maybe Amar'e isn't a "super" star -- but he's a star.

So I'll keep it to just a "star".

VC15

Reaction score
since when were we talking about Kobe? I'm talking about the talent in the free agency this offseason -- Stoudemire is right up there.
The Knicks were apparently the only team who thought so... Stoudemire = Bosh/Wade/LeBron?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%