bestkeptsecret13's Mock Draft V2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

bestkeptsecret13

Chicago's Finest
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The Jazz can get Burks/Klay/ or someone like that t #12. They should be decent for them.
Could also trade Jefferson and that pick for an even better SG/SF. Or you could trade Jefferson and pair someone better with Burks/Thompson/Singleton. There's really no reason to keep Kanter/Favors on the bench for 15 minutes.

Mooche

Reaction score
BKS, who do you like better in the long run for a team, Irving or Williams?

bestkeptsecret13

Chicago's Finest
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
It'll be interesting to see how this draft goes. I feel pretty confident in the first 7 picks or so. With being extremely confident at 1-4.
What does your top 7 look like?

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I'm not sold on Singleton being a good pick for them. To me he seems more of a PF than a SF...but I have heard he has a pretty decent mid-range game.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I'm a little iffy on 6 and 7.

1. Irving
2. Williams
3. Knight
4. Kanter
5. Walker
6. Valanciunas/Leonard/Vesely
7. Vesely/Leonard

bestkeptsecret13

Chicago's Finest
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
BKS, who do you like better in the long run for a team, Irving or Williams?
It really all comes down to what your team needs, but I love the potential of Derrick Williams. I think he's going to be a great player in this league, definitley a 20+ point per game scorer during his prime. I see him as Michael Beasley with a better head on his shoulder's, meaning he'll probably have more success than Beasley. D-Will will be good for 20+ points, 8+ rebounds throughout his career. I'm not sure you'll ever win anything with him as your #1 option, but he would be an excellent #2 on a championship roster (during his prime).

Irving on the other hand, I see as a rich man's Mike Conley, or a poor man's Chris Paul. He'll be a good point guard, probably top 10 in the league (hard to say with all the great point guards today), but I'm not sure he'll ever be a consistent All-Star. However, since the NBA is becoming such a point guard league, it's almost impossible for Cleveland to pass him up. I think he'll be good for 16-18 points, 7-8 assists and 2 steals, which would be a very good career. In an ideal situation, Cleveland could potentially get both of these guys (if Minnesota went on need with Kanter and Utah still took Knight), then I think they'd have something good going for years to come.

bestkeptsecret13

Chicago's Finest
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I'm a little iffy on 6 and 7.

1. Irving
2. Williams
3. Knight
4. Kanter
5. Walker
6. Valanciunas/Leonard/Vesely
7. Vesely/Leonard
Yeah, Washington is kind of a tough one. I know they've got McGee at center, but I like Valanciunas at their pick for some reason.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I agree with you on the Williams/Irving thing. Good comparisons.

bestkeptsecret13

Chicago's Finest
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I'm not sold on Singleton being a good pick for them. To me he seems more of a PF than a SF...but I have heard he has a pretty decent mid-range game.
His mid-range game is OK. He shot 37% from the college three last season (on only 95 attempts), so yeah, he's got some range, but also room to improve. I just love his defense, so I think he would make for a very good defensive minded SF. At 6'9" 230lbs he could potentially have the size to go against some PF's, but I just seem him as a SF for some reason. I think he would have problems with the bigger PF's in the league and his perimeter defense is too good to not be guarding guys like LeBron, Carmelo, etc.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Singleton is a definitely a SF at the NBA level DJT. Was a SF in college.

Deeillini

One of the Originals
Reaction score
See a lot of these guys going where you had them, but I think there will be a ton of movement in this draft, which will through it off a little bit.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I really hope Norris Cole doesn't go to the Spurs lol. I want him to go to a team I don't mind.

Mooche

Reaction score
His mid-range game is OK. He shot 37% from the college three last season (on only 95 attempts), so yeah, he's got some range, but also room to improve. I just love his defense, so I think he would make for a very good defensive minded SF. At 6'9" 230lbs he could potentially have the size to go against some PF's, but I just seem him as a SF for some reason. I think he would have problems with the bigger PF's in the league and his perimeter defense is too good to not be guarding guys like LeBron, Carmelo, etc.
Chris Singleton was such a damn good defender in the tournament. Re-watch the Notre Dame game especially if you want to see him at his finest. He has so much hustle and heart on the defensive end, that is one thing you really can't teach a guy.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Yeah and that was just his second game back. He might be the best perimeter defender in the draft.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I agree with the first part. But I think you can't be right at all in saying Kanter in means Al is out. They would just find a way to split minutes as good as possible.
do you live in a dream world?

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The Horizon league defensive player of the year, Norris Cole <_<

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
I'm sorry I stopped paying attention at Horizon League.

*waits for comment about Butler*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%