bestkeptsecret13's Mock Draft V2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

bestkeptsecret13

Chicago's Finest
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
1. Cleveland Cavaliers (via LAC) - Kyrie Irving PG (Duke)
2. Minnesota Timberwolves - Derrick Williams SF (Arizona)
3. Utah Jazz (via NJN) - Brandon Knight PG (Kentucky)
4. Cleveland Cavaliers - Enes Kanter C (Turkey)
5. Toronto Raptors - Jan Vesely SF (Czech Republic)
6. Washington Wizards - Jonas Valanciunas C (Lithuania)
7. Sacramento Kings - Kemba Walker PG (Connecticut)
8. Detroit Pistons - Kawhi Leonard SF (San Diego State)
9. Charlotte Bobcats - Tristan Thompson PF (Texas)
10. Milwaukee Bucks - Chris Singleton SF (Florida State)
11. Golden State Warriors - Marcus Morris PF (Kansas)
12. Utah Jazz - Alec Burks SG (Colorado)
13. Phoenix Suns - Bismack Biyombo PF (Spain)
14. Houston Rockets - Klay Thompson SG (Washington State)
15. Indiana Pacers - Jimmer Fredette PG (BYU)
16. Philadelphia 76ers - Markieff Morris PF (Kansas)
17. New York Knicks - Jordan Hamilton SF (Texas)
18. Washington Wizards (via ATL) - Tobias Harris SF (Tennessee)
19. Charlotte Bobcats (via NOH) - Marshon Brooks SG (Providence)
20. Minnesota Timberwolves (via MEM) - Donatas Motiejunas PF (Lithuania)
21. Portland Trail Blazers - Kenneth Faried PF (Morehead State)
22. Denver Nuggets - Nikola Mirotic SF (Serbia)
23. Houston Rockets (via ORL) - Darius Morris PG (Michigan)
24. Oklahoma City Thunder - Tyler Honeycutt SF (UCLA)
25. Boston Celtics - Nikola Vucevic C (USC)
26. Dallas Mavericks - Justin Harper PF (Richmond)
27. New Jersey Nets (via LAL) - Josh Selby SG (Kansas)
28. Chicago Bulls (via MIA) - Charles Jenkins PG (Hofstra)
29. San Antonio Spurs - Norris Cole PG (Cleveland State)
30. Chicago Bulls - JaJuan Johnson PF (Purdue)

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I hear Biyombo had a pretty crappy workout, so I could see him dropping. And Selby may go higher, thats all I really see.

Also not sure if Morris will go that high either. Most mocks have him going in round 2.

Mooche

Reaction score
Not bad I guess for the Raptors. I'm still holding hope that Knight can slide down a touch to us at 5.

bestkeptsecret13

Chicago's Finest
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Not bad I guess for the Raptors. I'm still holding hope that Knight can slide down a touch to us at 5.
Knight would be an awesome fit for the Raptors, but in order for him to slip to #5, Utah would have to go with Kanter at #3 (since I doubt Cleveland would take both Irving and Knight). I guess Kanter to Utah is a possibility, but I would have to assume they'd need to find a trade partner for Al Jefferson before they could make that pick.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Nah, they won't trade Al. They would have Kanter come in off the bench at the 5, since Kyrylo and Francisco aren't doing much. They could possibly move Millsap to the 3 and Al to the 4 and start Kanter, but thats a little iffy.

bestkeptsecret13

Chicago's Finest
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Nah, they won't trade Al. They would have Kanter come in off the bench at the 5, since Kyrylo and Francisco aren't doing much. They could possibly move Millsap to the 3 and Al to the 4 and start Kanter, but thats a little iffy.
No to this whole post.

No to Millsap at the 3.

No to Jefferson, Kanter, Millsap, Favors all being on the same team.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Favors and Millsap are 4's. Al could easily be a 4. Kanter will be a 5.

And they will NOT trade Al.

Mooche

Reaction score
Knight would be an awesome fit for the Raptors, but in order for him to slip to #5, Utah would have to go with Kanter at #3 (since I doubt Cleveland would take both Irving and Knight). I guess Kanter to Utah is a possibility, but I would have to assume they'd need to find a trade partner for Al Jefferson before they could make that pick.
That makes sense to me.

Personally I'd much rather see Knight in a Raptor uniform over Kemba. I don't really see the NBA hype for Kemba.

bestkeptsecret13

Chicago's Finest
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Favors and Millsap are 4's. Al could easily be a 4. Kanter will be a 5.

And they will NOT trade Al.
OK, so they won't trade Al, so that means they won't draft Kanter.

It's impossible to give enough minutes to Favors, Millsap, Kanter, and Jefferson.

You've got 96 total minutes combined between the PF & C position.

Jefferson got 36 a night last season and is deserving of 32-35 minutes a night.

Millsape also got 34 last season and should probably get at least 30 minutes a game.

That leaves you with at most 34 minutes to split between Favors and Kanter, both of whom should get at least 22-25 a night to show what they've got... It's not gonna work.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
OK, so they won't trade Al, so that means they won't draft Kanter.

It's impossible to give enough minutes to Favors, Millsap, Kanter, and Jefferson.

You've got 96 total minutes combined between the PF & C position.

Jefferson got 36 a night last season and is deserving of 32-35 minutes a night.

Millsape also got 34 last season and should probably get at least 30 minutes a game.

That leaves you with at most 34 minutes to split between Favors and Kanter, both of whom should get at least 22-25 a night to show what they've got... It's not gonna work.
That maybe true. But you can't win with only 3 bigs on your team. You'll need another.

bestkeptsecret13

Chicago's Finest
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
That makes sense to me.

Personally I'd much rather see Knight in a Raptor uniform over Kemba. I don't really see the NBA hype for Kemba.
I agree with you there.

I like Kemba in Sacramento because he's basically a SG in a PG's body and they've already got Tyreke, who IMO is a PG in a SG's body.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Some scouts are saying that Kemba can do very well at the PG spot. If thats true, he should be good for the Raps.

bestkeptsecret13

Chicago's Finest
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
That maybe true. But you can't win with only 3 bigs on your team. You'll need another.
Yeah, another decent player deserving of like 15 minutes a night. You don't need Enes Kanter to fill that role for a team. That would be a luxury the Jazz are not in a position to have.

I'll stand by my statement. If the Jazz draft Kanter (not saying it's happening, not saying it's likely), Al Jefferson would be out of town.

bestkeptsecret13

Chicago's Finest
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Some scouts are saying that Kemba can do very well at the PG spot. If thats true, he should be good for the Raps.
He wouldn't be bad for the Raptors, but obviously Knight would be better. All we're saying.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yeah, another decent player deserving of like 15 minutes a night. You don't need Enes Kanter to fill that role for a team. That would be a luxury the Jazz are not in a position to have.

I'll stand by my statement. If the Jazz draft Kanter (not saying it's happening, not saying it's likely), Al Jefferson would be out of town.
I agree with the first part. But I think you can't be right at all in saying Kanter in means Al is out. They would just find a way to split minutes as good as possible.

Mooche

Reaction score
He wouldn't be bad for the Raptors, but obviously Knight would be better. All we're saying.
This is exactly what I mean. I'd rather take Kemba if it came down to it over Jan, most likely.. But I really want Knight for our team.

bestkeptsecret13

Chicago's Finest
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I agree with the first part. But I think you can't be right at all in saying Kanter in means Al is out. They would just find a way to split minutes as good as possible.
Why keep Jefferson/Kanter/Millsap/Favors if you could trade one of them for something that could actually help your team?

I'm sure Fesenko/Elson for 15 minutes a night isn't going to kill the Jazz.

I'd rather trade Jefferson for a SG/SF, than keep Jefferson and play Kanter for 15 minutes a night with a crap SG/SF.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yeah, I don't see the Jazz passing up Knight though.

The Jazz can get Burks/Klay/ or someone like that t #12. They should be decent for them.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
It'll be interesting to see how this draft goes. I feel pretty confident in the first 7 picks or so. With being extremely confident at 1-4.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%