Anthony Davis trademarks his unibrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Bid'Ness

4 Life
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Anthony Davis trademarks his unibrow. Smart. But weird.

Anthony Davis is going to be a star.

Well, nothing is ever a sure thing. But as much as you can know a guy is a franchise player, Anthony Davis is going to be one. It’s why he is a lock to be the No. 1 overall pick of the New Orleans Hornets come Thursday night. And that status comes with marketing opportunities galore.

So Davis has trademarked his most prominent feature — his unibrow — reports Darren Rovel at CNBC.com.

Davis, known for his connected eyebrows, trademarked the phrases “Fear The Brow” and “Raise The Brow” earlier this month.

“I don’t want anyone to try to grow a unibrow because of me and then try to make money off of it,” Davis told CNBC. “Me and my family decided to trademark it because it’s very unique.”

Shirts with those saying or just a unibrow picture were all over Kentucky last year. Of course, as an amateur, Davis didn’t see of piece of this, only the university and its athletic department did. But sure, the current NCAA amateur system is great.

As a pro, things are different. And you can bet some unibrow marketing ideas are being worked on in the New Orleans Hornets offices right now. Smart money says Friday morning shirts will be available online.

Smart move by Davis.

But dude, it’s still a unibrow. This is all a little weird. And some veterans may still sit on him and shave that thing this season.

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
Thats fucking disgusting, makes him look like an idiot.

*Waits for someone to say an idiot with a shit load of more money than you*

ZigZag

TEH GREAT ZIGGY
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
some vet on the hornets better buy this dude a razor or some wax

BwareDWare94

Where were you when the world stopped turning?
Reaction score
If I was paying to have him play for us, the first thing he'd do is shave that damn thing, and if he didn't by game one, I'd tell the veterans to hold him still and wax the whole thing off so he learns a lesson. Looking bad for the sake of it is not OK when you're in front of tons of people. I still have major issues with the way that Adam Morrison was never forced to clean up a bit. The dude's always looked like a gomer--by choice, mind you--and nobody who's ever payed him to play basketball (which is absurd at this point in his career. Dude hasn't earned a dime of it.) has made him make himself more presentable.

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
They don't pay you to look good, they pay you to play basketball

He's doing more good than bad by embracing it, making people with unibrows in real life feel better about themselves

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
If I was paying to have him play for us, the first thing he'd do is shave that damn thing, and if he didn't by game one, I'd tell the veterans to hold him still and wax the whole thing off so he learns a lesson. Looking bad for the sake of it is not OK when you're in front of tons of people. I still have major issues with the way that Adam Morrison was never forced to clean up a bit. The dude's always looked like a gomer--by choice, mind you--and nobody who's ever payed him to play basketball (which is absurd at this point in his career. Dude hasn't earned a dime of it.) has made him make himself more presentable.

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score

He's doing more good than bad by embracing it, making people with unibrows in real life feel better about themselves
You have a unibrow dont you.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
forget waxing his unibrow, he needs to get his fucking teeth fixed. yikes.

BwareDWare94

Reaction score
forget waxing his unibrow, he needs to get his fucking teeth fixed. yikes.
Anybody know what kind of accident caused that in his bottom teeth? Teeth do not grow in like that. Something happened that pushed that shit back.

BwareDWare94

Reaction score

Oh shut up, dude. He's going to get millions of dollars. The least he can do is shave that damn thing.

And most people with unibrows have them because of laziness. Are there likely certain skin conditions that prevent people from getting rid of their unibrow? Maybe, but I doubt it. Either way, as someone who will be an eventual employer on a farm, my employees will not embarrass me by looking like shit in public.

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
Oh shut up, dude. He's going to get millions of dollars. The least he can do is shave that damn thing.

And most people with unibrows have them because of laziness. Are there likely certain skin conditions that prevent people from getting rid of their unibrow? Maybe, but I doubt it. Either way, as someone who will be an eventual employer on a farm, my employees will not embarrass me by looking like shit in public.
What does how much money he makes have to do with him embracing his unibrow? If you don't want your employees to have them, don't pick them. No one is forcing a team to draft Anthony Davis.

Or they have them because they don't have a problem with their unibrow...

The majority of people who work on farms are complete hicks who look like shit.

That dude in your avatar's beard is more of abomination than a unibrow. That shit is beyond unprofessional.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
teams will embrace it as they did the ben wallace fro. it makes them money too.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Did BC really say that Davis will make people with unibrows make them feel better about themselves? LMAO.

BwareDWare94

Reaction score
What does how much money he makes have to do with him embracing his unibrow? If you don't want your employees to have them, don't pick them. No one is forcing a team to draft Anthony Davis.

Or they have them because they don't have a problem with their unibrow...

The majority of people who work on farms are complete hicks who look like shit.

That dude in your avatar's beard is more of abomination than a unibrow. That shit is beyond unprofessional.
Tell me what you know about farms, you piece of shit, because where I'm from, there's no "looking like shit" going on unless somebody's covered in mud or manure. Christ. Generalize much?

Oh, and define hick. This shit I gotta hear. I can't wait to see what some dumbass from New York thinks about small town USA.

The guy in my avatar is an outlaw country singer. He has no reason to shave his beard, and unibrows look like shit no matter the circumstance. Stop defending it. You know I'm right. You're just trying to argue with me because I pointed out all the bullshit that was handed to your team in the playoffs.

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
Tell me what you know about farms, you piece of shit, because where I'm from, there's no "looking like shit" going on unless somebody's covered in mud or manure. Christ. Generalize much?

Oh, and define hick. This shit I gotta hear. I can't wait to see what some dumbass from New York thinks about small town USA.

The guy in my avatar is an outlaw country singer. He has no reason to shave his beard, and unibrows look like shit no matter the circumstance. Stop defending it. You know I'm right. You're just trying to argue with me because I pointed out all the bullshit that was handed to your team in the playoffs.
I know a lot about farms, you piece of shit.

I also know a lot about hicks, you're an idiot if you think there aren't any farms in NY. I live an hour north of NYC where I'm surrounded by farms. You can't go 20 miles from my house in any direction without finding a farm.

Anthony Davis is a basketball player. He has no reason to shave his unibrow.

If I knew you were right I wouldn't be calling you an idiot for your stupid hard-ass opinions.

I'm not trying to argue with you, I am arguing with you. And I'm not arguing with you because your opinions were stupid in the NBA Finals thread, I'm arguing with you because your opinions are stupid in the Anthony Davis unibrow thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%