Andrew Luck Leaning Towards Remaining At Stanford

Big Bid'Ness

4 Life
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Charlotte Observer - Andrew Luck would be the consensus first overall pick in the 2011 NFL Draft, should he decide to leave Stanford and declare.

"If Andrew Luck had to make his decision today as to whether he would stay or go to the NFL, he'd say he was staying in school," says a Stanford source.

Luck has not made a final decision and will face Virginia Tech in the Orange Bowl on Monday. The source said he 'knew' Luck is currently leaning towards remaining at Stanford.

"A lot can happen between now and Jan.15th," said the source, referring to the date underclassmen must declare themselves eligible. "There will be a lot of conversations still to come. And whenever he goes pro, he will be a fantastic NFL quarterback. But this is a kid who truly enjoys college."

The source continued: "For a lot of guys who declare early, it's partly because the schoolwork is such a grind for them. It's not that way for Andrew."

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
This would be an absolutely stupid move for his career. Remember what happened to Locker, Andrew. Stanford is about as good now as they will ever be. He really can't gain anything.

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
We'll see what happens, he can still change his mind. Can't see him passing up being #1 overall. Never know what might happen the following year. Harbaugh may not even be back at Stanford next year.

Mooche

Reaction score
This just doesn't make sense for Andrew Luck. I think this is just Stanford faithful hoping.

You can't get much better than the first overall pick..

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
I think after the bowl game, he will change his mind. It's just a decoy, so he's not any kind of distraction for the final game.

TTN2810

Reaction score
Dudes, it's way smarter for him to stay. What if the NFL locks out? Then he loses a year of his career, when he could be at Stanford, possible with a shot at the NC. AND, dont worry. So many QB's this year. Gabbert, Locker, Mallett, Newton all should be first rounders.

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
Dudes, it's way smarter for him to stay. What if the NFL locks out? Then he loses a year of his career, when he could be at Stanford, possible with a shot at the NC. AND, dont worry. So many QB's this year. Gabbert, Locker, Mallett, Newton all should be first rounders.
But what happens if their isn't a lock out? What happens if he plays another year at Stanford and gets hurt? What happens if his production drops off at the QB position? His draft stock would drop WAYYYYYYYYY down, potentially. He could go from being the first overall to who knows what. I think for him, it'd be better if he declared for NFL.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
:eek: wow that would suck for the Panthers. I think he'll come out. No need to risk being the #1 pick for a possible injury or down season.

Falcons11497

LEGENDARY.
Reaction score
This would be an absolutely stupid move for his career. Remember what happened to Locker, Andrew. Stanford is about as good now as they will ever be. He really can't gain anything.
Except an education...I think that's the main thing that's making him lean towards staying.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Not necessarily.. He's at Stanford for a reason, he's a smart kid, maybe he wants a degree

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Except an education...I think that's the main thing that's making him lean towards staying.
He can always go back and finish his degree...Being the #1 pick in the draft, he'll have plenty of money for tuition.

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
If Harbaugh moves on, I believe Luck will. I could be completely wrong, maybe education is everything to him and being #1 in the NFL draft means nothing to him, but I highly doubt that. I believe his tunes will change after the bowl game.

Mooche

Reaction score
He can always go back and finish his degree...Being the #1 pick in the draft, he'll have plenty of money for tuition.
Exactly.

He doesn't remove all of his chances of going back and cleaning up that degree if he goes to the NFL.

Lake Louise

Reaction score
I wouldn't be surprised if he stayed. I don't get why people felt it was a done deal that he would declare for the NFL. He's a sophmore. It's not even a lock when they are juniors. Locker passed up on #1 overall and he still is most likely going to go in the 1st round. Not #1 but he didn't really lose all that much, except for money. Which means he could stay for another year, or two, and still have a good chance at getting drafted in the 1st round. He's not dumb. He knows what's going on, and he is majoring in architecture(I believe it was). Which means he could make money other ways besides just football contracts.

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Not necessarily.. He's at Stanford for a reason, he's a smart kid, maybe he wants a degree
Exactly...he's a smart kid. And from what I understand his parents have money and really want him to get a education.

Big Bid'Ness

4 Life
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
You really can't blame him if he wants to stay. The NFL will still be there.

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
We may suck again the following year (I hope not) and be in grasp to draft him! Stay in college another year, Andrew! :p Surely hope there's no lockout.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%