Andrew Luck Leaning Towards Remaining At Stanford

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
If Harbaugh stays, I believe he'll stay as well. Like people have said above me, this isn't Miami or Texas, this is Stanford - and I'm sure that Andrew Luck is a smart kid who wants a degree.

Mooche

Reaction score
You guys are missing the point.

Yeah the NFL will always be there, but one injury could change him completely and he might never be the same.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
But that injury has just as much chance of happening in college as it does in the pros. If he stays and then gets injured, at least he can still get that degree.

Mooche

Reaction score
But that injury has just as much chance of happening in college as it does in the pros. If he stays and then gets injured, at least he can still get that degree.
But.. He won't ever get that money and that first overall pick prestige.

You can go back to school. It isn't going to go away.. That's why this move makes 0 sense if he stays.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Maybe that degree just means more to him that the money - that's how it is for a lot of people. Plus, if he and Harbaugh return, that squad will be preseason Top 5 and a championship contender.

Mooche

Reaction score
It isn't going away though. That's the point. It is always avaliable for him to go back and achieve his dream after the NFL.

He is losing a year that he could be using to learn, and groom himself into the NFL to be a better QB.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
It isn't going away though. That's the point. It is always avaliable for him to go back and achieve his dream after the NFL.

He is losing a year that he could be using to learn, and groom himself into the NFL to be a better QB.
And he can't become a better QB by playing another year in college?

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
No, but who says he's going to start next year in the pro's anyways? Obviously there's pro's and con's to both sides, but neither is a bad decision; especially if graduating in 4 years is his dream.

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
What QB is gonna take the number 1 spot from Luck if he stays another year?

Injuries are a what if situation....they could happen or not. Nothing wrong with getting that Stanford degree. I support you Andrew.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I don't know if a QB will be taken 1st overall if he goes back to school.

Reaction score
For some reason I see Cam doing well in the NFL. Not a first overall pick tho.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
He could be a Vick 2.0...but he could also be a Pat White.

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
What QB is gonna take the number 1 spot from Luck if he stays another year?

Injuries are a what if situation....they could happen or not. Nothing wrong with getting that Stanford degree. I support you Andrew.
Another QB doesn't necessarily have to play their way ahead of him...Luck could play himself behind another QB. Jake Locker would have been the #1 QB last year if he had come out. He's played his way out of #1, and will likely be a late first guy. Jevan Snead a couple years ago was projected as a first rounder. He ended up going undrafted.

Could Luck return to Stanford and ball his ass off again? Sure...I don't doubt that one bit. But there are a lot of risks. Luck has all the talent in the world, but one injury could completely derail his draft stock. He's also losing about 12 seniors, and 6 5th year seniors. Those are guys that you just cannot replace...so he's going to have a lot of young, inexperienced players around him...which could lead to some less than stellar statistics.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
He could be a Vick 2.0...but he could also be a Pat White.
He's already a much better passer than White.

And Hurricane there was never any doubt last year that Bradford was the #1 QB. He would have been in 2009 as well, but he decided to come back and Stafford went #1. Bradford DID get injured, but it didn't cost him.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%