All-Star Rosters Leaked

Status
Not open for further replies.

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
DLee isnt the "only one there"

If your talking about only post player we have, then that makes his stats even more impressive, and his spot even more deserving because he's the focal point for opposing defenses every night.

All Monta does is score, thats not a valid argument, especially when you have players like Kobe, Nash, DWill, CP3, and Roy ahead of him.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Bull <Censored>, we deserve more then 1 all-star. Best team in the NBA with only one all-star.
his injury caused the coaches to leave him out

they voted like 5 days ago

otherwise he would have been in and DRose would have been snubbed, and thats not cool

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
his injury caused the coaches to leave him out

they voted like 5 days ago

otherwise he would have been in and DRose would have been snubbed, and thats not cool
Well then if you're not gonna put Lee in, put Shaq in over Horford, because his numbers would be just as good if not better if he hauled more minutes, but he doesn't have to with this team.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Z-Bo on being an All-Star reserve: "I’m not flashy. I’m not a highlight player. So for (the coaches) to pick me means a lot"
<3

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Im still not liking the horford pick...id rather see noah,dlee,shaq,j smoove over him in the game.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Other than Lee over Horford, I think they actually did a good job with these.
Even though I hate that little <Censored> Rondo.

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
No Jon Brockman?

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Glad for CP, but he should be starting over Nash.

bestkeptsecret13

Chicago's Finest
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
There's a lot of people saying Chauncey Billups got snubbed... I'm not seeing it. Who are you gonna remove (Brandon Roy, Chris Paul, Deron Williams)? I don't think any of the guards that were selected should be removed from Billups. They all are putting up better numbers and are more deserving IMO. Billups is on a better team in Denver, but that goes back to the thing about picking the best players regardless of their team. If there's any guard that should have a case made to be on the team, it's Monta Ellis, but I would still take Roy over him despite the advantage being in Ellis' case.

Monta Ellis
26.0 PPG 5.6 APG 4.3 RPG 2.17 SPG 46.0% FG%

Brandon Roy
23.1 PPG 5.0 APG 4.6 RPG 1.03 SPG 48.4% FG%

VC15

Reaction score
Nice article on Lopez and the all-star game

This Will Be The Last All Star Game That Won’t Feature Brook Lopez

By Gerald Narciso

The All-Star reserves were announced last night, and as expected, every writer, NBA analyst and fan had something to say about the coach’s selections. Among the biggest snubs that people have been fuming about are: David Lee, Josh Smith, Chauncey Billups, Chris Kaman, Aaron Brooks and Monta Ellis (For me personally it was Kaman and J-Smoove).

On top of the popular choices, there were a couple of names like Brook Lopez and Andrea Bargnani that were thrown around in the Dime office’s All-Star debate this morning. As I’ve mentioned over and over in the past few months, Lopez is personally enjoying a solid second-year campaign (19 ppg, 9.4 rpg and 2 bpg). With the Nets having a terrible season (understatement), it’s almost impossible to justify giving him any All-Star votes this year.

But just because he’s not deserving of going to Dallas, doesn’t mean Al Horford is better than him. In my opinion, Lopez is the second best center in the East behind Dwight Howard. In fact, I believe Lopez has more big man skills than Superman and will be better than him in a few years. Barring injury, Brook Lopez will soon be the best center not only in the East but in the entire NBA. He will definitely be a perennial All-Star starting next season.

“He could be dominant force in the NBA,” says Utah Jazz power forward Paul Millsap. “At 7-feet, he’s got a nice touch around the basket. Great footwork. If he keeps working on his game, we could be talking about an All Star for years.”

Although the Nets are awful this season, they won’t be for too much longer. The team has a talented young core consisting of Lopez, Devin Harris, Yi Jianlian, Courtney Lee, Terrence Williams and Chris Douglas-Roberts. Add the fact that they have enough cap space ($31 million next season) to entice a couple of high-profile free agents this summer as well as the possibility to get a top 3 pick in the 2010 Draft, and the Nets could be a playoff caliber team next season. If you want to play best case scenario, the Nets could have a 2010-11 starting lineup consisting of Brook Lopez, LeBron James, Amar’e Stoudemire, Devin Harris and John Wall.

Lopez already has the tools to be a great center. He doesn’t have Howard’s athleticism or Yao’s height and length, but you can argue that he’s the most fundamentally sound big man to enter the NBA since Tim Duncan. On offense, he can run the pick and roll, has several post moves, a steady 10-15 foot jumper and makes good decisions on the block.

“We do an efficiency rating for every player, and Brook is fourth in the league among all centers,” team president Rod Thorn told The Star Ledger last week. “That’s after Howard, David Lee and Chris Kaman.”

Lopez also shoots at an efficient rate. He hits 50 percent of his attempts and shoots an impressive 82.1 percent from the FT line (he also gets to the charity stripe over 6 times per contest). He does a good job protecting the paint on defense and can rebound and block shots at a high volume. The combination of his size, talent and age (21), makes Lopez the leading candidate for the league’s next best big man.

Can Brook Lopez be the best center in the NBA in two years?

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Im still not liking the horford pick...id rather see noah,dlee,shaq,j smoove over him in the game.
other than DLee, Horford deserves it over all those guys except maybe his teammate

Josh means more to that team than Horford.

im really disappointed Lee didnt make it. He would have owned this game.
remember his rookie/soph game? lol

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Woah dont act like noah shouldnt have got considered..Andrew bogut should've got some consideration as well...

So who takes cp3's spot? Monta or Chauncey?

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Chancey better get it.

And if we're still on the Horford thing, Noah should have his spot with DLee and Josh being a super close second.

Big Bid'Ness

4 Life
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Billups Will Replace Paul In All-Star Game

Denver Nuggets guard Chauncey Billups has been named by NBA Commissioner David Stern to replace injured West All-Star guard Chris Paul of the New Orleans Hornets in the 2010 NBA All-Star Game in Dallas.

Billups will be making his fifth All-Star appearance.

Paul is dealing with a knee injury.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Kaman takes Roy's spot.

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Okay in the case that kobe doesnt play..does monta take his spot?

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Marc Stein reports that David Lee will be named to the Eastern Conference All-Star team to replace Allen Iverson who will not be able to participate due to personal reasons.

RealGM Note: Lee is ranked sixth in season FIC in our current player rankings.

Via Marc Stein, ESPN (via Twitter)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%