C - Pau Gasol
F - Dirk Nowitzki
F - Zach Randolph
F - Kevin Durant
G - Brandon Roy
G - Deron Williams
G - Chris Paul

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ball_dont...?urn=nba,216300

Al Horford? I don't think so... Joakim > Horford I can understand not putting Brook Lopez as the backup center, because New Jersey is the worst team in league history, but I would take Noah and David Lee over Horford.

.loggie

Reaction score
The other center in LA got robbed. I guess you could make the argument for Pau but he doesn't even play center and has missed a bunch of games this season.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
i understand them putting in Horford. They rewarded the Hawks for having a great record. Bulls cant have 2 all-stars of ATL has 1.

and too bad the Knicks record is bad. I wanted to see Lee in there.

everything else is perfect.
Horford is putting up nice numbers, it's not like it's a shocker he's in

and like Pugz and BKS said, i think they should be a little more lenient, but winning should be taken into consideration. Anyone could put up numbers on a bad team.

Lopez is at 20/10 right now.
put Bynum on the Nets and he's averaging 22/12

thats why it's cool seeing guys who have been losing for so long get rewarded like Pau, ZBo, and Wallace. And even to an extent Durant

Yankees2772

RIP Derek Boogaard
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
... David Lee should 100% be in.

He's 3rd at center in both PPG and RPG... No brainer.

bestkeptsecret13

Chicago's Finest
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
If they wanted a 2nd guy from the Hawks they should have listed Bosh at C and put Josh Smith on as another forward.

Josh Smith
15.1 PPG 8.5 RPG 3.9 APG 2.16 BPG 1.50 SPG

Al Horford
13.6 PPG 9.8 RPG 2.2 APG 1.30 BPG 0.70 SPG

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
D-Rose and Deron finally made it so Im good. Dont like the horford selection like everybody else.

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Dirk's gonna be the 6th and play starters minutes ;D. As deserved it's stupid he isn't starting over Duncan either. I mean this is Dirk's house

$tunna

teejus
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Lol at yall hatin on Al come on now He's deserved that spot even though I think J-Smoove got robbed. Al Horford is better then DLee and Noah. Just look at the stats when he plays against those two.

Vs DLee

Jan 1.

AL- 22 points 19 rebs 4 dimes 1 steal 3 Blocks 2 TO's
DLee- 11 points 7 rebs 2 dimes 1 steal 0 Blocks 3 TO's

Dec. 4

AL- 17 points 14 rebs 4 dimes 1 steal 0 blocks 0 TO's
DLee- 18 points 17 rebs 4 dimes 3 steals 0 blocks 5 TO's

Nov. 11

AL- 25 points 9 rebs 3 dimes 2 steals 2 blocks 3 TO's
DLee- 9 points 7 rebs 0 dimes 0 steals 0 blocks 4 TO's

Vs Noah

Dec. 19

AL- 15 points 12 rebs 3 dimes 0 steals 3 blocks 5 TO's
Noah- 7 points 11 rebs 2 dimes 1 steal 2 blocks 1 TO

Dec. 9

AL- 8 points 5 rebs 4 dimes 1 steal 1 block 0 TO's
Noah- 2 points 11 rebs 3 dimes 0 steals 1 block 2 TO's
(This game was a blowout so that should explain the lower stats for this one)

I don't see how yall are so surprised with Al making it. Dude put in work and banged with the best to help get his team in competition with the elites. Yall underrate him way to much.

Sucks that Josh didn't make it though G-Force is deserving. Kaman prolly should have got in no complaints other then that.

Yankees2772

RIP Derek Boogaard
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
If you want to by head-to-head...

David Lee vs Amare - 25/12/2 steals (Amare 14/5)
David Lee vs Tim Duncan - 28/10/2 steals/1 block (Tim 13/7)
David Lee vs Gasol/Bynum - 22/12 avg (Gasol 15.5 ppg, 12 rpg, 18/7 for Bynum)

So basically, Lee beat out the "top 4" centers from the west... Vs Dwight, he was 14.5/9 which isn't too bad either [Dwight did do well vs him.. but I'll take 4/5]

VC15

Reaction score
LMFAO at some of you...

The All Star Game is not about who is the best player at the time or who is putting up the best numbers. It’s about who the fans want to watch. I wonder how many fans knew that Brook is the second best center in the East on the worst team in NBA history, or how many fans actually knew about A.I's and T-mac's situations.

$tunna

teejus
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
If you want to by head-to-head...

David Lee vs Amare - 25/12/2 steals (Amare 14/5)
David Lee vs Tim Duncan - 28/10/2 steals/1 block (Tim 13/7)
David Lee vs Gasol/Bynum - 22/12 avg (Gasol 15.5 ppg, 12 rpg, 18/7 for Bynum)

So basically, Lee beat out the "top 4" centers from the west... Vs Dwight, he was 14.5/9 which isn't too bad either [Dwight did do well vs him.. but I'll take 4/5]
Still doesn't make him more deserving then Al

Yankees2772

RIP Derek Boogaard
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
19.4 PPG (3rd among C)
11.4 RPG (3rd among C)

vs

13.6 PPG
9.8 RPG

You're right, the stats vs the titans doesn't make him better than Al... But the 6 PPG and 2 RPG difference does. The utter domination in stats does. The playoffs reward players on good teams, let the all star game reward individuals who have played well.

$tunna

teejus
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
19.4 PPG (3rd among C)
11.4 RPG (3rd among C)

vs

13.6 PPG
9.8 RPG

You're right, the stats vs the titans doesn't make him better than Al... But the 6 PPG and 2 RPG difference does. The utter domination in stats does. The playoffs reward players on good teams, let the all star game reward individuals who have played well.
In that case Monta Ellis should have made the Western team. Theres no reason to reward people that don't deserve it. Not to mention the fact that Al doesn't get the ball nearly as much as Dlee. DLee chucks way more then Al does too. Come on now not only is DLee in a fast paced offense but dude has shot over 200 more shots the Al has. Then think about it here. Nobody on the Knicks is in the post except DLee LOL theres not one other player on the roster that averages over 6 rebs a game. Al isn't the only one getting rebs for us though.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Bull <Censored>, we deserve more then 1 all-star. Best team in the NBA with only one all-star.

Yankees2772

RIP Derek Boogaard
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
David Lee plays in an up-tempo system? So I suppose he'd be a bad fit for the extremely sluggish nature of the ASG... Yeah, let's move on to the next argument...

Who cares if he has more shots? The FG% isn't that much of a difference, and as you might see as you get higher up in attempts and points, the FG% goes down a bit.

Nobody in the post but Lee? That should be a good thing for Lee... He is asserting his dominance without a fellow all-star to bail him out. The Hawks have been a good team, no doubt, but let's reward the player who is dominating in stats.

$tunna

teejus
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
David Lee plays in an up-tempo system? So I suppose he'd be a bad fit for the extremely sluggish nature of the ASG... Yeah, let's move on to the next argument...

Who cares if he has more shots? The FG% isn't that much of a difference, and as you might see as you get higher up in attempts and points, the FG% goes down a bit.

Nobody in the post but Lee? That should be a good thing for Lee... He is asserting his dominance without a fellow all-star to bail him out. The Hawks have been a good team, no doubt, but let's reward the player who is dominating in stats.
Again I have to say if you want to reward stats then Monta Ellis would be in. Last I checked more shots can result in more points so ehh.... I don't see what your saying with him "asserting his dominance" If he's the only one there then I think that makes it easier, It's not like he's catching nightly double teams. And LOL at you talking about the speed of the ASG if you think that then why are players with slow paced teams allowed in the ASG at all?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%