2018 OFF-SEASON DISCUSSION THREAD

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Paulius said:
I wish i could like the raptors

But im not about that snake life
not sure why wanting to ditch lamarcus as your 2nd best player makes you a snake

Paulius

Reaction score
Mexi said:
not sure why wanting to ditch lamarcus as your 2nd best player makes you a snake
The same lamarcus that willed the spurs to 47 wins and the playoffs last season?

He was great, put some respek

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
CameronCrazy06 said:
People are more offended by you acting like it will be a walk, and acting like Toronto got worse offensively (which you said the other day). Nobody should be surprised if Toronto has the best record in the east, again.
im not acting like toronto is a walk, but the double standard is ridiculous. "Toronto will be great with a healthy Kawhi", but every single one of you is glossing over the fact that Boston is adding Gordon Hayward, a player on the level of Paul George and Jimmy Butler when healthy. We just came off a post season that showcased Tatum and Brown's ability to drop 20+ in any game, and they won't be receiving the defensive attention they deserved.

Like Jaylen Brown scored 20+ in 8 of the 17 post season games, and he's the clear cut #5 scorer, put the worst defender on him option in that lineup. Jaylen is going to feast against poor matchups, but you take it because its better to have Jaylen try to beat you than it is Tatum or Hayward.

Boston might struggle against size and with rebounding, and it might force Boston to play Baynes off the bench. Or Boston can combat that by exposing the big in the 5-Out P&R with Horford and Kyrie, with three guys that shoot 40% from 3 outside. I just don't see how teams will be able to defend Boston better than Boston will be able to defend them, outside Golden State and maybe Houston. And again, I never said it'd be a sweep or that it'd be easy. But Toronto isn't better than Boston

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
In 2k Boston > Toronto for sure

Paulius

Reaction score
Lets not forget toronto were 3rd in def and off rating last year. Not a lot of teams can say that

And just added a guy who will help that offense and especially defense even more

They are arguably the favourites of the east nd i wont be shocked if they come out with the 1st seed

Paulius

Reaction score
But to call people ridiculous for picking them over Boston just makes you ridiculous

Keep thinking that tho, #BrosoxHearts is upon us

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
The #1 seed in the East has made it to the Finals only two times in the past 10 years.

It's about making the Finals, not being a 1 seed

Paulius

Reaction score
But lets not get distracted that #BrodieWillShockTheWorldButNotUs

Paulius

Reaction score
bosoxlover12 said:
The #1 seed in the East has made it to the Finals only two times in the past 10 years.

It's about making the Finals, not being a 1 seed
Its actually about winning the championship so in that case, lets not even waste our time talking about boston

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
bosoxlover12 said:
im not acting like toronto is a walk, but the double standard is ridiculous. "Toronto will be great with a healthy Kawhi", but every single one of you is glossing over the fact that Boston is adding Gordon Hayward, a player on the level of Paul George and Jimmy Butler when healthy. We just came off a post season that showcased Tatum and Brown's ability to drop 20+ in any game, and they won't be receiving the defensive attention they deserved.

Like Jaylen Brown scored 20+ in 8 of the 17 post season games, and he's the clear cut #5 scorer, put the worst defender on him option in that lineup. Jaylen is going to feast against poor matchups, but you take it because its better to have Jaylen try to beat you than it is Tatum or Hayward.

Boston might struggle against size and with rebounding, and it might force Boston to play Baynes off the bench. Or Boston can combat that by exposing the big in the 5-Out P&R with Horford and Kyrie, with three guys that shoot 40% from 3 outside. I just don't see how teams will be able to defend Boston better than Boston will be able to defend them, outside Golden State and maybe Houston. And again, I never said it'd be a sweep or that it'd be easy. But Toronto isn't better than Boston
Jaylen Brown scores 20 in less than 50% of playoff games = Jaylen Brown can score 20 in any game? Got it hahaha

I dont think Hayward will be at 100% at any point this season. I dont think Jayson Tatum is ready to take the leap some people think he is. But this is all speculative. I think Boston is the best team in the east. But would I be surprised if they finished with a 2 or 3 seed? Definitely not.

Paulius

Reaction score
Dont be shocked if Boston underachieves

#WarnedYall

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Also, can we please stop with the lazy narrative that "Boston is adding 2 all-stars to a team that made the ECF"? They went 11-8 in the playoffs. They got killed in most of their road games. The only reason they got out of the first round is because they had home court advantage, which was won in the regular season, where Kyrie was an MVP candidate before he got hurt. If you want to say they're adding Hayward, fine. But stop being lazy.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
CameronCrazy06 said:
Jaylen Brown scores 20 in less than 50% of playoff games = Jaylen Brown can score 20 in any game? Got it hahaha

I dont think Hayward will be at 100% at any point this season. I dont think Jayson Tatum is ready to take the leap some people think he is. But this is all speculative. I think Boston is the best team in the east. But would I be surprised if they finished with a 2 or 3 seed? Definitely not.
Ah, of course. Kawhi essentially missed the entire season too but he'll be back to MVP level. But Gordon Hayward will never 100% healthy all year.
If you're doubting Hayward's ability to come back then you should with Kawhi too, and visa versa.

and tbh I would be shocked with a 3 seed. 

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
The '08 Celtics that won the title over the Lakers went 12-8 in the East playoffs ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
bosoxlover12 said:
Ah, of course. Kawhi essentially missed the entire season too but he'll be back to MVP level. But Gordon Hayward will never 100% healthy all year.
If you're doubting Hayward's ability to come back then you should with Kawhi too, and visa versa.

and tbh I would be shocked with a 3 seed. 
Completely different injuries. Also there's plenty of reports that Kawhi was healthy and just stayed out.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
Paulius said:
They also had KG Pierce Allen and Rondo
so having three former all stars and young up-and-coming talent helps you win a title? how about that.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
bosoxlover12 said:
The '08 Celtics that won the title over the Lakers went 12-8 in the East playoffs ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Sure, don't address the main part of the post haha

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%