2018 MLB Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phil The Thrill

Reaction score
Mexi said:
So they have the same offensive value, Betts is better at base running and defense, yet they still share the same WAR

Yes clearly Betts is better, my mistake

Also on BR, trout leads in WAR

Just saying. Mookie is close but you can't say definitively that he's better than trout (yet)

And again, id have jose as mvp anyways
Except Mookie has played 19 less games

Carson

Reaction score
.ptt81 said:
Except Mookie has played 19 less games

And Trout plays CF. Mookie would currently have a higher WAR if he was playing CF full time. 

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
Carson said:

And Trout plays CF. Mookie would currently have a higher WAR if he was playing CF full time. 
RF at Fenway is much harder defensively than at other stadiums

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
and obv mook and trout are fairly equal players, and you cant go wrong with either. betts is probably the 2nd best player in the league over the last 3 years anyways

betts has been better this year, and would probably be the mvp if JD werent going to take votes away from him unfortunately

Carson

Reaction score
bosoxlover12 said:
RF at Fenway is much harder defensively than at other stadiums

RF at Fenway being more difficult that RF at other ballparks has nothing to do with CF'ers getting a baseline boost to their WAR b/c, in general, CF is the most difficult position to play in the OF.

Carson

Reaction score
bosoxlover12 said:
and obv mook and trout are fairly equal players, and you cant go wrong with either. betts is probably the 2nd best player in the league over the last 3 years anyways

betts has been better this year, and would probably be the mvp if JD werent going to take votes away from him unfortunately

Mookie Betts is easily one of the best players in baseball, but Mike Trout is on another planet. Consider the monster season Mookie is having in 2018 is basically every season for Trout. Love watching both guys play. 

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
Carson said:

RF at Fenway being more difficult that RF at other ballparks has nothing to do with CF'ers getting a baseline boost to their WAR b/c, in general, CF is the most difficult position to play in the OF.
jbj is a better defender than both trout and mookie

so essentially youre saying that because mook plays with a better defensive teammate, hes worse than trout?

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
bosoxlover12 said:

I don't consider them fairly equal.....

Trout, as Carson said, is on another planet

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
Trout is more talented, im not trying to dispute that... but Betts is closer than you give him credit for. Definitely better defensively, and while the stats are the roughly the same, the Angels still cant win games where Boston has a 57% win percentage without Betts compared to 73% with him playing.

Like who would you argue as the 2nd best player in baseball, overall? Id say Betts. So its really not that outlandish to say right now the #2 player in the league is slightly outperforming the #1

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
bosoxlover12 said:
Trout is more talented, im not trying to dispute that... but Betts is closer than you give him credit for. Definitely better defensively, and while the stats are the roughly the same, the Angels still cant win games where Boston has a 57% win percentage without Betts compared to 73% with him playing.

Like who would you argue as the 2nd best player in baseball, overall? Id say Betts. So its really not that outlandish to say right now the #2 player in the league is slightly outperforming the #1
You really brought up team winning percentage in an individual baseball player argument lol I've seen enough.

But I'll try to stay on topic. I think there's a fair argument Betts is the second best player in baseball. Once again, I took offense to .ptt81 saying Betts was the "best player in baseball". He's not. Now let's move on.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
lol ive been drinking gimme some slack lol

but yeah how id put it

betts should be the mvp this year
trout is the most talented baseball player since 02 A-Rod (if not better)

PWNdroia

Banned
Reaction score
CameronCrazy06 said:
You really brought up team winning percentage in an individual baseball player argument lol I've seen enough.

But I'll try to stay on topic. I think there's a fair argument Betts is the second best player in baseball. Once again, I took offense to .ptt81 saying Betts was the "best player in baseball". He's not. Now let's move on.
For once I agree 100%. Trout is better than Betts.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
bosoxlover12 said:
lol ive been drinking gimme some slack lol

but yeah how id put it

betts should be the mvp this year
trout is the most talented baseball player since 02 A-Rod (if not better)
There's 70 games left, nobody "should be" MVP yet

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
bosoxlover12 said:
on pace to be

semantics man lol
I don't get how that's correct either, given that he, Trout, and Ramirez are all having MVP-caliber years

Carson

Reaction score
bosoxlover12 said:
jbj is a better defender than both trout and mookie

so essentially youre saying that because mook plays with a better defensive teammate, hes worse than trout?

I'm saying Trout has the WAR advantage because he plays CF and Mookie doesn't. Trout has also proven well beyond 1 & 2/3 of a season that he's better than Mookie Betts. 

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
CameronCrazy06 said:
I don't get how that's correct either, given that he, Trout, and Ramirez are all having MVP-caliber years
even thought baseball isnt as heavily impacted on one player like the nba or nfl, i cant say the MVP should go to someone on a .500 team... same reason i said westbrook shouldnt have gotten mvp off a 7 seed

cleveland has the 6th best record in the al, 10th in the league. angels have the 8th in the al, 18th in the league. boston is 4.5 games over the 2nd best team (houston, who are still the favs to win it all). i know you dont care about that, but I do. boston is clearly the #1 team rn and its because of mookie (and jd too tbh), but we werent good when mookie got injured earlier this year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%