2017 NBA Off-Season

Paulius

Reaction score
Mexi said:
Cmon man

He declined a trade earlier by saying he would opt out after his contract ended
Then on the day he was traded to boston, he signed a 3 year extension

Its not like they just traded him to the best offer. He was involved
Dont think he demanded a trade to the celtics tho or was in on it iirc. It wasnt like that back then. GMs did the work. The opportunity arose to be on a nice team and he signed the extention, doubt it was some big KGs master plan

BNC

Reaction score
Big Poppa said:
Dont think he demanded a trade to the celtics tho or was in on it iirc. It wasnt like that back then. GMs did the work. The opportunity arose to be on a nice team and he signed the extention, doubt it was some big KGs master plan
Damn, look at what KG being loyal to the Wolves got him: shipped the fuck out without any say

Paulius

Reaction score
BNC said:
Cause he sucks
Hes a good energy guy off the bench. Rebounds really well, puts effort into defense even tho hes not that good but plays hard. Can occasionally hit the jumper, can finish at the rim. Hes servicable.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Did you forget david lee was a celtic a few year ago?
Pretty sure stevens stopped playing him and he was released, then went to dallas

Paulius

Reaction score
BNC said:
Damn, look at what KG being loyal to the Wolves got him: shipped the fuck out without any say
Well, that ones on the wolves for not building a team around him

The cassell, sprewell, olawakandi, wally, hudson team the best they could do for him? Shame on them

If you want your guys to be loyal to the organization, gotta put some effort into building a team. Look at OKC

BNC

Reaction score
Reading up on the KG trade and I stumbled upon this:
”As draft day approached it appeared as if Ainge might have to use the No. 5 pick after all. He had targeted Chinese forward Yi Jianlian, whom Ainge rated as the player with the most upside in this draft”

Given Ainge’s drafting history this is pretty funny, also that clinic Yi put on against that chair must have been incredible

Paulius

Reaction score
BNC said:
Reading up on the KG trade and I stumbled upon this:
”As draft day approached it appeared as if Ainge might have to use the No. 5 pick after all. He had targeted Chinese forward Yi Jianlian, whom Ainge rated as the player with the most upside in this draft”

Given Ainge’s drafting history this is pretty funny, also that clinic Yi put on against that chair must have been incredible
Lol what year draft was that? 08 or some shit?

BNC

Reaction score
Big Poppa said:
Hes a good energy guy off the bench. Rebounds really well, puts effort into defense even tho hes not that good but plays hard. Can occasionally hit the jumper, can finish at the rim. Hes servicable.
Effort on defense doesn’t matter if you can’t actually defend anyone

Paulius

Reaction score
BNC said:
Effort on defense doesn’t matter if you can’t actually defend anyone
Ok lets not act like every big off the bench who plays 12ish minutes is a lockdown defender. Hes servicable

Paulius

Reaction score
BNC said:
It was too easy. Use google and look up Yi Jianlian Chair
Bnc, whos the better team in your eyes

Okc or boston?

BNC

Reaction score
Big Poppa said:
Bnc, whos the better team in your eyes

Okc or boston?
Idk, i’d say Boston because I trust Stevens more and the roster feels like it was constructed to fit/play together. OKC doesn’t seem like they will fit together all that well

Paulius

Reaction score
BNC said:
Idk, i’d say Boston because I trust Stevens more and the roster feels like it was constructed to fit/play together. OKC doesn’t seem like they will fit together all that well
Ill argue the fit

Remember Adams beasting in 2016 playoffs, expect to see that again because now he'll have the paint all to himself to operate like he did with Ibaka out on the perimeter. Taj and Sabonis clogged the paint too much for him last year and he gets uncomfortable playing one on one when its too crowded

Ppatt stretching the floor, PG stretching the floor. Open lanes for Russ all day

Andre and PG on the wings is really scary defensively

Kanter off the bench for instant offense, with Abrines , Grant and Dougie. Grant did really well in the playoffs, especially defensively being able to switch on almost all positions. Abrines is a hell of a shooter but his defense was an issue so hopefully he worked on that more. And then Felton bringing that veteran presence to calm them all down and playmake

Defensively, OKC will be scary man. Now add PG and Ppatt to spread the floor and hit some threes, not to mention what PG can do on his own, and were looking at a team better than the Celtics

Coaching part ill give the nod to the Celtics sure, but Billy isnt some chump either.

BNC

Reaction score
Big Poppa said:
Ill argue the fit

Remember Adams beasting in 2016 playoffs, expect to see that again because now he'll have the paint all to himself to operate like he did with Ibaka out on the perimeter. Taj and Sabonis clogged the paint too much for him last year and he gets uncomfortable playing one on one when its too crowded

Ppatt stretching the floor, PG stretching the floor. Open lanes for Russ all day

Andre and PG on the wings is really scary defensively

Kanter off the bench for instant offense, with Abrines , Grant and Dougie. Grant did really well in the playoffs, especially defensively being able to switch on almost all positions. Abrines is a hell of a shooter but his defense was an issue so hopefully he worked on that more. And then Felton bringing that veteran presence to calm them all down and playmake

Defensively, OKC will be scary man. Now add PG and Ppatt to spread the floor and hit some threes, not to mention what PG can do on his own, and were looking at a team better than the Celtics

Coaching part ill give the nod to the Celtics sure, but Billy isnt some chump either.
They don't have guys that can both shoot and defend, and that's gonna be a huge problem.

As for the coaching I'm not sure how great Billy is, but Stevens is the second best coach in the league

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Mexi said:
I truly think the wolves are overrated and will suck. So when people are surprised they suck again after being built up as an up and coming team, think of me

They can still make the playoffs cause the west is pretty weak after about the 4 or 5 seeds. But the wolves are going to be another "disappointment "

Paulius

Reaction score
BNC said:
They don't have guys that can both shoot and defend, and that's gonna be a huge problem.

As for the coaching I'm not sure how great Billy is, but Stevens is the second best coach in the league
Can Kyrie defend?
Can Jaylen shoot?
Can Morris shoot or defend better than Ppat?

I mean, both teams have flaws. No ones comparing them to GSW

Paulius

Reaction score
Russ > Kyrie
Andre = Jaylen
Pg > Hayward
Ppatt = Morris
Adams < Horford(only bc of playmaking)

I mean obviously you're gonna act like the Celtics are better bc Bron is in the East so its in your favor to say that he'll play one good team but OKC is better.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%