2017 MLB Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
snipezo said:
i feel like that's what they would do anyways. the fo seems keen on trying to be competitive while guys like vlad jr., and bo bichette are still developing.
the dodger way

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Playing the Red Sox is just what the orioles need to get back into the race!!!

PWNdroia

Banned
Reaction score
CameronCrazy06 said:
Playing the Red Sox is just what the orioles need to get back into the race!!!
If you played us 162 games a season, I swear the Orioles would win 130 games.

Buck Showalter owns us.

Congrats to the Yankees, your 2017 AL East champions.

JZsportswhiz

Reaction score
PWNdroia said:
If you played us 162 games a season, I swear the Orioles would win 130 games.

Buck Showalter owns us.

Congrats to the Yankees, your 2017 AL East champions.
You're always so pessimistic lol. The Red Sox will win the AL East

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
JZsportswhiz said:
You're always so pessimistic lol. The Red Sox will win the AL East
hes one of those anti-homers where he tries so hard to be critical of his own team so he doesnt come off as a homer, and honestly its worse that way

id rather hear him calling JBJ the best defensive OF since Griffey than what hes currently doing. trying to be a contrarian just because

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
also bold take: i want Price in the postseason rotation over Fister

Teagz

Dogs.
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
It'd be hilarious if Price and Porcello both aren't in the rotation in October. That's over 300 Million coming out of the bullpen.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Teagz said:
It'd be hilarious if Price and Porcello both aren't in the rotation in October. That's over 300 Million coming out of the bullpen.
Is that counting Kimbrel?

Teagz

Dogs.
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
With Kimbrel it's like 312M.

Price and Porcello are just under 300 actually. I thought Price's deal was worth more.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
Teagz said:
thats decently likely

as of right now, our ALDS rotation is looking to be Sale-Pomeranz-Fister-Sale-Pomeranz. The 7 game seriess will probably have Porcello in there, but it could be ERod for the one game instead.

PWNdroia

Banned
Reaction score
bosoxlover12 said:
hes one of those anti-homers where he tries so hard to be critical of his own team so he doesnt come off as a homer, and honestly its worse that way

id rather hear him calling JBJ the best defensive OF since Griffey than what hes currently doing. trying to be a contrarian just because
I don't try to be anti-homer, maybe I just am. I tell it like it is at the time. And I'll admit I've been wrong numerous times. You should know. When I've said good things about the team, you've also been critical about me, so that's contradictory on your part. I haven't always been pessimistic, yet that's what you make it out to be every time. You're completely over analyzing my approach and wanting to disagree with me just because you don't like my style.

I didn't even know what homer meant until I came to this forum, now that's saying something.

I'm surprised we won that game.

I know I've praised Fister, but he is kicking himself out of the postseason rotation. I would be fine with both him and Porcello out of the postseason rotation.

Whatever the case is, we won't beat the Indians.

I still think Yankees are better poised to win this division.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
bosoxlover12 said:
youre that way about the celtics

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
Father Pugzo said:
youre that way about the celtics
i dont think so. im rational in thinking we couldnt beat cleveland (I actually think we can potentially this year force 7) but i absolutely still have my celtics biases towards Mahcus, IT, Al, and Jae specifically

ive tried to tone down myself after the marcus smart shit two years ago, where I almost fucking quit the site out of rage against dan and CC. And Colin made the right point: just stop talking about Marcus Smart its not worth it lol. I still think Marcus has the potential to be an all star (seriously) but debating it isnt worth it

im just a homer, not an anti homer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%