2017 MLB Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

catman

Reaction score
Confirmation of the Twins' record setting night.  The first time in the history of the game that a team has hit homers in each of the first 7 innings of a game.  Final score was 16-0.  Gabriel Moya, who they picked up from the D'backs earlier this season, got his first inning in the bigs.  No hits, a walk and 1 strikeout.  He is likely going to go back to AAA next season, but is a name to watch.

JZsportswhiz

Reaction score
Indians winning 20 straight is incredible but there is a great 3-1 joke in there somewhere

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Feels good

11 in a row was rough. Worst losing steak since freaking brooklyn

catman

Reaction score
Home plate ump has a tight strike zone.  Looks like both catchers are chirping a bit, but McCann got run, as did Ausmus.  The next pitch "crossed up" the new catcher and got the ump in the shoulder (93 MPH fastball).  No way it was accidental, but I think this ends the problem.  Ausmus has always been an "old-school" baseball guy and lets the game take care of itself.  If Clevenger throws at a Detroit hitter, he'll get a warning.  

catman

Reaction score
Indians won their 21st consecutive game today.  They have only trailed after 5 innings in this streak and have thrown more shutouts than most teams in the whole season.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Tribe is impressive

Cant believe the Dodgers still have a better record. We lost I think 15 out of 16 and 11 straight and the tribe is still behind?

I honestly didn't realize how far ahead the Dodgers were til this losing streak

Even the red hot dbacks didn't threaten the division

PWNdroia

Banned
Reaction score
CameronCrazy06 said:
Kluber is the Cy young. Don't let the media fool you
I don't think it's as clear cut as you'd like it to be.

Sure, Kluber has set himself up nicely to get the Cy Young.  Based on WAR (Kluber has 7.3 to Sale's 5.7), Kluber's got it.  He also owns Sale in ERA, ERA+, and WHIP.

But don't count Sale out just yet.  Sale holds some essential categories over Kluber including FIP, innnings pitched, strikeouts, and SO/9.  Sale also has the better W/L record, but I mention that last because W/L virtually means nothing to me.

That being said, it's a toss up if you ask me.  Kluber is the better performer, but Sale is the more dominant pitcher.  It depends what the experts look at for Cy Young.  

I will segue to the Red Sox.  We're just barely holding a lead over the Yankees.  I honestly think the Yankees could win this division, which would mean a monumental failure for the Red Sox.  We're just seven wins away from 70 losses, which means we'll only win 90 to 92 games.  While Yankees are 3 games back, they're surging as of late, going 7 and 3 to our 6 and 4 (which will be 5 and 5 after tonight).  Yankees are playing .750 ball while we're playing .500 ball down the stretch.  I know it's a small sample size, but we only have a small sample size of games left and a division to lose if we play bad down the stretch.  

We've also been playing the feast or famine game.  You don't become a good team by winning 11 to 1 one night and losing 7 to 3 the next.  We need to start scoring 6 to 8 runs a game if we want to win, not just score a bunch of runs one game and two to three runs the next three games.  

And if you're wondering why I'm back, I'm not letting my opinions die.  I figured people will disagree, and the brainwashing may not stop, but I'm not letting it stop me.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
Unless Sale throws a no hitter/perfect game, or Kluber chokes his next 2 starts, Kluber will win the Cy

PWNdroia

Banned
Reaction score
bosoxlover12 said:
Unless Sale throws a no hitter/perfect game, or Kluber chokes his next 2 starts, Kluber will win the Cy
I agree, it's probably trending this way, but I still don't think it's that clear cut.  Sale owns many dominant categories over Kluber.

I was going to choose Sale (with some bias) and then I looked at their WAR and Kluber has more WAR.  I usually choose the higher WAR player for MVP and Cy Young, so I might need to tip it in Kluber's favor this time.

Still, I don't think it's a runaway for Kluber.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
elcheato said:
https://twitter.com/AllaireMatt/status/908031950908162048
should of saved the win streak for october imo

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Indians are losing, does not compute 

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%