2017-2018 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Remaining FA’s are apparently tinkering with the idea of starting their own Spring Training camp. Might as well call it the “Boras Camp”. Meanwhile, I’ve seen some articles suggesting the MLBPA file claims of collusion on teams for not negotiating with Boras clients.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
Why negotiate with a boras client when the demands are absurd.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
I actually like the idea of some sort of spring training camp for unsigned free agents. Maybe even leave it open for guys considering coming out of retirement. This way they don't need to hold a workout for teams, they can just go to camp and teams get a few weeks to look at them.

catman

Reaction score
Mexi said:
Personally, I liked the D with the tiger walking through it.  My late wife was a Tigers' fan and loved that logo.
On to baseball stuff -- Yellich to the Brewers for 4 prospects, Lewis Brinson included in the deal.  Not sure the fans in South Florida will forgive yet another breakdown of the major league team, but I like what the Marlins' front office is doing. Had tragedy not struck (Jose Fernandez), they might have kept the core together and been a really good team.

PWNdroia

Banned
Reaction score
GMF1991 said:
Why negotiate with a boras client when the demands are absurd.
Exactly.  Boras rips teams off, I don't blame the teams for doing it.  About time they do something.

snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
PWNdroia said:
Exactly.  Boras rips teams off, I don't blame the teams for doing it.  About time they do something.
Well wouldnt it be a teams Fo's fault for giving in to Boras's demands?

PWNdroia

Banned
Reaction score
snipezo said:
Well wouldnt it be a teams Fo's fault for giving in to Boras's demands?
It would, but I don't think it makes the situation better. It completely affects the market because you overpay a player and it drives up the price for everyone else and every other team.

Big Bid'Ness

4 Life
Hall of Fame
Reaction score

This Just In: The Cleveland Indians are removing the divisive Chief Wahoo logo from their jerseys and caps starting in the 2019 season.

Teagz

Dogs.
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Announcing it a year ahead of time is smart. They get the good publicity and merch sales are gonna skyrocket.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I like Wahoo, but I get it...it’s 2018. Tribe better come up with something better than that lame block letter C.

catman

Reaction score
I wouldn't be completely surprised to see a new name for the Cleveland franchise.  They were named the Indians only because their star player was a Native American and they wanted to honor him.

brett05

Reaction score
catman said:
I wouldn't be completely surprised to see a new name for the Cleveland franchise.  They were named the Indians only because their star player was a Native American and they wanted to honor him.
Which is why this whole change is trash.

PWNdroia

Banned
Reaction score
catman said:
I was thinking the same thing.  If they get rid of the logo, why not get rid of the name?  I would think the same group of people who find "Wahoo" offensive would also find the usage of the name "Indians" offensive.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
the cleveland native americans

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
How is the word Indians offensive?

The logo? I understand the issue. Redskins? Definitely needs to go. Indians? Arrowhead Stadium? Where do we draw the line?

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Probably because theyre not from India?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%