2017/18 NBA Regular Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Is that really what he wore to the ceremony? Was he drugged?

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Westbrook is the most overrated player since AI

But ill take Russ over AI 10/10 times

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Mexi said:
Westbrook is the most overrated player since AI

But ill take Russ over AI 10/10 times
agreed and agreed

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
That's a pretty broad statement.

Monta Ellis has been in the league since AI retired.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Hurricane Season said:
That's a pretty broad statement.

Monta Ellis has been in the league since AI retired.
monta, rondo

But westbrook is looked at by some as the best player in the league. Even won an mvp

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Id be ok with mandatory G-league for a season unless you go 2 years in college

Guys are just more polished the older they get. Love seeing ready nba players like kuzma for instance
Look at embiid, simmons, blake after they sat entire seasons.

Mandatory G league but you can still sit on the bench of games and be a part of practice and in the locker rooms. I don't expect them to miss out on everything

NBA is leaning towards ending 1 and done

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
i think they should do 2 years of college or no restriction. cant stop a person from potentially earning millions

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
2 years or no restrictions is good too

The nba has been growing the g league and soon all 30 teams will have a partner(2 or 3 away i think)

I would like to see it used more. Two way contracts are helping hopefully. Still early

Paulius

Reaction score
Everything is gonna flip upside down once Lamelo and Lavar take the G-league route to the NBA

If Lamelo does it and it works out, no ones gonna wanna go thru college anymore, so colleges will finally gonna have to start paying players. Its all part of Lavars plan

You can enter the real draft after playing in G-League for a year. As long as a team picks you up, you’re good. And we know Lamelo will get picked up in a second. Imagine the views and moneu G-League is soon gonna start making. Lavar has a plan to change everything. Already got his own brand, his rookie kid already got his own sneaker, his 16 year old son will get to the NBA thru the G-League. Hes changing it all man, opening up opportunities for the future

Once ncaa notice that this is trouble, they’ll have no other choice but to start paying the players if they want to get them.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Its nothing new
Guys have done it before. but is lamelo a top player in his "class"? Im guessing yes but how high is he

Paulius

Reaction score
No its not been done before when talking about best high school players. They usually go to the top colleges, they dont take the G-League route

Yea we’ve seen guys come up from the gleague but they werent relevant, nothing on this kind of level where a top college in the country wont get one of the top high school players

Colleges will take a huge hit if this works out for Lamelo, bc other high school kids will just see the blueprint. Why go to college/classes and not get paid, just to watch all these colleges make money bc of them and not get a single dollar when they can go play at g-league, get paid, still be in the draft, and not worry about going to classes. Its a game changer

But yea hes gonna be up there with Zion, Bol Bol, RJ Barrett(depending if he reclassifies) and them kids

BNC

Reaction score
Mexi said:
Its nothing new
Guys have done it before. but is lamelo a top player in his "class"? Im guessing yes but how high is he
Espn has him ranked 7, Rivals has him ranked 17

BNC

Reaction score
Big Poppa said:
No its not been done before when talking about best high school players. They usually go to the top colleges, they dont take the G-League route

Yea we’ve seen guys come up from the gleague but they werent relevant, nothing on this kind of level where a top college in the country wont get one of the top high school players

Colleges will take a huge hit if this works out for Lamelo, bc other high school kids will just see the blueprint. Why go to college/classes and not get paid, just to watch all these colleges make money bc of them and not get a single dollar when they can go play at g-league, get paid, still be in the draft, and not worry about going to classes. Its a game changer

But yea hes gonna be up there with Zion, Bol Bol, RJ Barrett(depending if he reclassifies) and them kids
GLeague players only earn $26k. If I were a top recruit i’d rather go to college

Paulius

Reaction score
BNC said:
GLeague players only earn $26k. If I were a top recruit i’d rather go to college
You really dont get the point

Its about the money man, about the change hes trying to make for young basketball players. Hes willing to put his son thru something to change everything else when it comes to college kids getting paid. This would just show that theres other ways to get to the nba for a high school kid, and it would give a blueprint of how to do it without college. That would put NCAA in a shitty position, because if this does take off, and kids start taking the gleague route, NCAA/Schools will lose lots of money bc they wont get the best players in the country like they always did, and the only solution to getting the NCAA back on track will be to start paying the players if they want to get the top players, keep their views up, etc. Its not about 26K, its about changing the system so college players start getting paid.

Without the players, colleges are nothing. We watch em because of the players they pick up. So if they wanna still be able to get them, they’ll have to start paying them or they’ll start taking the gleague route once Lamelo goes thru it and still ends up a high pick in the draft

BNC

Reaction score
Big Poppa said:
You really dont get the point

Its about the money man, about the change hes trying to make for young basketball players. Hes willing to put his son thru something to change everything else when it comes to college kids getting paid. This would just show that theres other ways to get to the nba for a high school kid, and it would give a blueprint of how to do it without college. That would put NCAA in a shitty position, because if this does take off, and kids start taking the gleague route, NCAA/Schools will lose lots of money bc they wont get the best players in the country like they always did, and the only solution to getting the NCAA back on track will be to start paying the players if they want to get the top players, keep their views up, etc. Its not about 26K, its about changing the system so college players start getting paid.

Without the players, colleges are nothing. We watch em because of the players they pick up. So if they wanna still be able to get them, they’ll have to start paying them or they’ll start taking the gleague route once Lamelo goes thru it and still ends up a high pick in the draft
Yea it’s a nice idea but the college kids need a reason to go to the gleague instead of college, I don’t think 26k is going to incentivize top recruits from going that route instead of the college. Especially since I imagine most of these top recruits are receiving a lot more than 26k from going to college

Paulius

Reaction score
BNC said:
Yea it’s a nice idea but the college kids need a reason to go to the gleague instead of college, I don’t think 26k is going to incentivize top recruits from going that route instead of the college. Especially since I imagine most of these top recruits are receiving a lot more than 26k from going to college
Well if they’re all getting paid on the side then you’re right, it doesnt really matter for them i guess apart that they have to go to classes, but with the whole Rick Pitino shit that went down, maybe colleges will be more careful and stop paying on the side

To those who dont get anything tho, 26K can come in handy id imagine, especially to those that come from the hoods and real poor families.

I dont know, all this is gonna get real interesting once Lamelo goes thru it. Im curious to see what happens afterwards. Lavar wouldnt be doing this for no reason, hes got a plan id think.

Paulius

Reaction score
Not to mention, once lamelo is there, id imagine gleague views/money will go way up, and if top high school kids started going there instead of college, we’d all watch gleague instead and they would possibly raise the salary of a top high school kid to around 100K or so

Lamelo is basically an experiment rabbit. If this pops off, gleague will only grow, money will grow, salaries will grow and then that would answer your question on why HS kids would chose gleague over college. Money.

And im sure NCAA is worried about this, so depending how Lamelo does and how much attention gleague gets from him going there, i think NCAA will have to start paying the players to prevent them from going to gleague(thats assuming gleague pops off and grows tho)

Its all part of plan imo, for example Lamelo vs Zion game was insane, they had around 100K viewers, thousands of people at the game and thats for a simple meaningless AAU game. This gleague shit with Lamelo has a real chance of becoming big and attracting other kids to take that route. And the more kids do it, the more gleague will grow and id imagine so would the salaries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%