2016 NBA Offseason Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
CameronCrazy06 said:
I just got a BR update that Dunn is the favorite to go #3. Smokescreen or real?
smoke to get philly to trade more assets

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Man, ESPN's draft coverage is so bad. Is there an alternate broadcast on NBATV or something?

EDIT: just checked, nope :\

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Boston has legitimate interest in Dunn, not only has their interest in him been well documented far before anyone knew Philly was possibly interested in acquiring Dunn, and I seriously doubt a team would have a running smokescreen for weeks just to throw off a team that's probably not that stupid to begin with. Smokescreens are used days before the draft, and often aren't a product of the team at all, rather than weeks before.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
nolafan33 said:
Boston has legitimate interest in Dunn, not only has their interest in him been well documented far before anyone knew Philly was possibly interested in acquiring Dunn, and I seriously doubt a team would have a running smokescreen for weeks just to throw off a team that's probably not that stupid to begin with. Smokescreens are used days before the draft, and often aren't a product of the team at all, rather than weeks before.
But what is the point of smokescreening a team that doesn't have a pick that very shortly after to entice them to trade up? I don't think anyone in Philly thinks there's a chance Dunn falls to their second pick.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
CameronCrazy06 said:
But what is the point of smokescreening a team that doesn't have a pick that very shortly after to entice them to trade up? I don't think anyone in Philly thinks there's a chance Dunn falls to their second pick.
Philly offered Okafor for Dunn at 3, and we declined. By saying we want Dunn we increase leverage in the trade with Philly

That simple

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Boston has been linked to Dunn far before Philly was interested in trading for a pick to select him. He very well may not be the selection, but acting like Bostons supposed interest is nothing more than trying to get more assets out of another team is short sighted. They're definitely intrigued.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Maybe they won't, but that has nothing to do with the discussion we are having, which is you completely writing him off. They're definitely interested.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
elcheato said:
Unsurprisingly, the Celtics assets aren't as great as they have been preaching about.
lol bosox tried to kill me for posting the same...

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
CameronCrazy06 said:
Man, ESPN's draft coverage is so bad. Is there an alternate broadcast on NBATV or something?EDIT: just checked, nope :\
woj is having a show have you heard?

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
CameronCrazy06 said:
Is it on TV though?
its gonna be on yahoo

But he did say, if you watch his show, youre going to be ahead

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
nolafan33 said:
Maybe they won't, but that has nothing to do with the discussion we are having, which is you completely writing him off. They're definitely interested.
I just don't see it at all. 

I really want to see Smart develop as a point guard, and drafting Dunn absolutely stops that 100%. I forget where I saw the numbers or the exact data, but it said that Smart's 3PT shooting percentage when he was the ball handler was at 36%, but it was like 22% coming off-ball. I think he would be much better if we trained him to play more point.

Drafting Dunn also almost forces the team to trade one of the 3 guards, which I don't want to do. Drafting Dunn creates too many log-jam situations on roster, and it would take away confidence from our best player, Isaiah Thomas.

You want to get more shooting? Draft Murray or Hield, fine. Want defense? Bender or Brown works. But Dunn works his best with the ball in his hands, which forces Boston's only current offensive threat to be off-ball where he is far less effective. Idk, it seems that this just creates more problems than necessary.

Stray32

Reaction score
bosoxlover12 said:
I just don't see it at all. 

I really want to see Smart develop as a point guard, and drafting Dunn absolutely stops that 100%. I forget where I saw the numbers or the exact data, but it said that Smart's 3PT shooting percentage when he was the ball handler was at 36%, but it was like 22% coming off-ball. I think he would be much better if we trained him to play more point.

Drafting Dunn also almost forces the team to trade one of the 3 guards, which I don't want to do. Drafting Dunn creates too many log-jam situations on roster, and it would take away confidence from our best player, Isaiah Thomas.

You want to get more shooting? Draft Murray or Hield, fine. Want defense? Bender or Brown works. But Dunn works his best with the ball in his hands, which forces Boston's only current offensive threat to be off-ball where he is far less effective. Idk, it seems that this just creates more problems than necessary.
At the end of the day, BPA. I think the Celtics don't actually want Dunn and their newfound interest in him is a smokescreen for trade leverage, but I now think that regardless of who makes the pick at #3, the selection will be Dunn

and to respond to nola, I've heard the "interest" but I've also heard much more interest on others

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
Stray32 said:
At the end of the day, BPA. I think the Celtics don't actually want Dunn and their newfound interest in him is a smokescreen for trade leverage, but I now think that regardless of who makes the pick at #3, the selection will be Dunn
so literally exactly what I said?

Stray32

Reaction score
bosoxlover12 said:
so literally exactly what I said?
about the smokescreen part yes, but also that if they did keep the pick, it'd be Dunn for the reason of BPA (Dunn > Jaylen) over worrying about current roster fit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%