2016 NBA Offseason Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
buzzy said:
BS to Philly is a done deal
Will be interesting to see if Bill Simmons' writing ability will translate to the basketball court. 

buzzy

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Its the Sixers .. He'll get his opportunities

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
https://vine.co/v/5BDh6teMMpZ

someone gave a human child to JR Smith. What a great town 

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Strong possibility that LeBron forgot Sasha Kaun was on the Cavs until he looked at him right on stage and realized he had to say something about him. 

JZsportswhiz

Reaction score
elcheato said:
Is "coached by Thibs" suppose to mean something other than a guarantee that he's going to shorten the careers of Wiggins and Towns and probably play with Kirk Hinrich before he retires?

I don't even watch the NBA
This is very accurate, but hopefully Thibs has learned his lesson. I really like Thibs and while living in MSP for 3 years grew to really like this TWolves team. I hope Noah goes to the Wolves. I think his intensity would be a huge asset for the Wolves. I would hold onto Wiggins if I'm the Bulls, I think adding Butler puts them in the playoffs in 2017 but long term I'd like Wiggins.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
nope. i dont hold back on kids. ill block them all damn day!

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
buzzy said:
BS to Philly is a done deal
thats what you call a classic my bad

Meant ingram i guess im just used to typing simmons lel

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score

The Boston Celtics have been pursuing a number of established veterans in the buildup to Thursday's NBA draft, offering trade packages built around the No. 3 overall pick, according to league sources.

But sources told ESPN that the Celtics, to date, have been rebuffed in their efforts to assemble a sufficiently enticing deal to acquire any of these four prime targets: Chicago Bulls All-Star swingman Jimmy Butler, Utah Jazz guard Gordon Hayward and Milwaukee Bucks teammates Jabari Parker or Khris Middleton.

Unsurprisingly, the Celtics assets aren't as great as they have been preaching about. 

Swelly34

Xaphoon
Reaction score
I really, really, REALLY hope the Celtics can find a trade for this #3 pick but, if they have to keep it, I would want Murray or Hield. Whoever has better length really between the two would be my choice because they have the best fit to transition into a 3 guard lineup with the C's.

Every analyst on ESPN's draft coverage projects them taking Dunn and I think that would be a nightmare unless they had a trade immediately lined up for him. There's no way you can justify IT, Bradley, Smart and Dunn all on the same roster at the start of next season.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
I just got a BR update that Dunn is the favorite to go #3. Smokescreen or real?

Swelly34

Xaphoon
Reaction score
elcheato said:

Unsurprisingly, the Celtics assets aren't as great as they have been preaching about. 
Celtics seem to have too many draft picks for their own good. Other teams know they cannot realistically add 8 players through the draft this year so they will literally have to trade some of these picks whether they like it or not. It's unfortunate but they don't really have the leverage in any of these negotiations besides potentially the Okafor/ Noel talks with the Sixers because Philly has to move a big as bad as they have to move picks.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
CameronCrazy06 said:
I just got a BR update that Dunn is the favorite to go #3. Smokescreen or real?
Safe to say either Dunn or Brown is a smokescreen lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%