2016-2017 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
.ptt81 said:
Snipe, if EE and Bautista leave this offseason, you think it might be beneficial to shop Donaldson? He just put up WARs of 7.6, 6.6, 8.7 and 7.6 in the last 4 seasons and turns 31 this offseason. Jays could get a hell of a haul.
I wouldn't mind that at all but it really wouldn't be a great business move. After having two successful years + increase in fan interest. The last thing they'd want to do is rebuild. I mean I would love to see it, but re-tooling the team is the direction that Shapiro and co. are looking towards doing and maybe sell high on guys like Pillar, Osuna or even Happ, instead of trading their franchise player for a huge haul.

Teagz

Dogs.
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
JZsportswhiz said:
Absolutely. Detroit wouldn't be trading them to get fair value, they would be trading them for financial flexibility while they still have value left
The argument really becomes do they want to be awful with fan favorites on the team and a higher payroll, which might sell some more tickets, or do they just wanna tank and go back to the same shit they had from the late 80's to 2006.

Personally, I'd rather they suck with Cabrera and Verlander on the team since those two represent the Tigers I've known since I started really following the team in 2008, but I see the argument for dealing them and starting over. I'm probably exaggerating when I say I'd be done if they traded Miggy or Verlander but it'd suck to see, since it means that the successful run they've had since 2011 is over and more dark years are ahead. 

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I hope JV comes with JD and Kinsler........

Trade reportedly "brewing" with Dodgers for JV

Teagz

Dogs.
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Mexi said:
I hope JV comes with JD and Kinsler........

Trade reportedly "brewing" with Dodgers for JV
You better be willing to give up Urias and like 5 of your top prospects. There would have to be something huge coming back for all 3 of those guys.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Hope you like puig

JZsportswhiz

Reaction score
Braves sign Bartolo Colon.

Dickey and Colon will be good inning eaters for them and possibly good pieces to flip in July if they start the season strong.... or  they like the idea of rebuilding with guys who will be in their late 40's by the time they are relevant again.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Jon Hart is serious about his veteran presents

Bart mustve got a nice deal cause i have to imagine many contenders would have loved him as a 5th/6th starter/bullpen

JZsportswhiz

Reaction score
Mexi said:
Jon Hart is serious about his veteran presents

Bart mustve got a nice deal cause i have to imagine many contenders would have loved him as a 5th/6th starter/bullpen
1 year/$12.5 million. That's a heck of a deal of him

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yea that's a nice deal

I think wieters would be a great fit in atlanta also
I think he's from over there too

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Howie Kendrick to the phillies
Thank god. I was so sick of his poor LF play and ground balls. Lots of double plays

brett05

Reaction score
JZsportswhiz said:
Braves sign Bartolo Colon.

Dickey and Colon will be good inning eaters for them and possibly good pieces to flip in July if they start the season strong.... or  they like the idea of rebuilding with guys who will be in their late 40's by the time they are relevant again.
They may not be that far behind.  You are talking about two top 20 pitchers the past three seasons.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I knew hellickson would accept the QO

Phil The Thrill

Reaction score
Hellickson never would have got an offer lol. Who the fuck would give up a pick for fucking Hellickson?

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
.ptt81 said:
Walker also accepts his
this seems like a lol mets situation
But maybe it isnt?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%