2016/17 NBA Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paulius

Reaction score
snipezo said:
Also wow Derozan's gotta be the worst sg of all time.
Didnt even need the playoffs this time to realize it

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
bosoxlover12 said:
Vanquish Lebron? I'm pretty sure our plan isn't currently to usurp the guy whose made 6 straight finals (or is it 7?)

Fultz and Ball are universally desired by teams across the league as potential superstar buildingblocks. Why would the Celtics abandon their future so they can still not beat Cleveland?
I understand the logic of not abandoning your future, but using this logic, why the hell did they give 30 year old Al Horford all that money? 

cavsfan817

You trying to get the pipe?
Reaction score
elcheato said:
I understand the logic of not abandoning your future, but using this logic, why the hell did they give 30 year old Al Horford all that money? 
For another early playoff exit

Paulius

Reaction score
elcheato said:
To help develop fultz man , why else

BNC

Reaction score
bosoxlover12 said:
thats the plan

but also fultz can play with isaiah too if need be
I don't understand what they're supposed to do with IT. They can't trade him and signing him to anything more than a 3 year max will just be limiting their future

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
elcheato said:
Because the plan changed to what it currently is this past July.

We were Top 3 contenders in signing Kevin Durant this offseason. With our roster plus Durant, we are absolutely Finals contenders, and then yes you move the pick and everything else to be as good as possible. 

We could not sign KD without getting Horford. Durant chose the Warriors over Boston, which is fine -- but then you gotta make changes to your plans. We did literally everything we could do to sign KD, and it backfired. So you gotta go to plan B

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
And if he were tradable, I'd say to try to move Horford this offseason to get rid of that contract. But id be shocked if he could net much back

buzzy

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Wasn't there a report that KD would have signed in Boston if they got Butler as well?

I bet it all came crashing to a halt when the Bulls asked for Rozier

snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Lmao of course toronto makes a 4th quarter run without DeBrick

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
buzzy said:
Wasn't there a report that KD would have signed in Boston if they got Butler as well?

I bet it all came crashing to a halt when the Bulls asked for Rozier
I don't recall that, but the Celtics couldn't have even signed KD if we traded for Butler.

There was belief during the draft that if the Celtics got Butler that we'd still have max space for KD and he'd consider us. But I never heard anything on KD saying he'd sign with us if we got Jimmy

The one thing I did hear was that KD would sign in OKC if Horford signed there too. I believe Boston was third in his ranking, behind OKC and GSW. Horford preferred Boston to OKC, so when Al signed in Boston, it took OKC out of his rankings. That left GSW and Boston, and he chose the Warriors

Paulius

Reaction score
Those good old days when people would argue rose > russ

Fuck injuries

Paulius

Reaction score
This game should be fun

Expecting the thunder to come out mad after two loses

38/13/11 and a W

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Dan Dakich literally calls college kids garbage on air, this should be interesting 

Paulius

Reaction score
Kristaps Porzingis ladies and gentlemen! What a block

Paulius

Reaction score
Russ hasnt taken a shot , just looking for teammates. Teams shooting 1-10, its 13-2 smfh get this man some basketball players

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%