2016/17 NBA Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
But seriously, I don't think you watch the Celtics at all Paulius if you think Butler would be that much of an improvement.

Boston does not run isolation plays. We're 28th in the league with 316 ISO's ran this season as a team, compared to Cleveland's 641. Boston runs through ball movement and screening, whether through off-ball screens for a catch-and-shoot opportunity, or through the pick-and-role/pop.

That is not Butler's game. He averages 2.1 catch-and-shoot FGAs per game, and making them on a 36.7% frequency. Of those attempts, 1.5 are threes (33.3%), boasting an overall eFG% of 49.0. Compare that to the guy you're replacing for Butler in your scenarios -- Jae Crowder. Crowder averages 5.2 attempts per game (39.9%), 4.5 of them being threes (41.3%) for an eFG% of 57.7.

Butler isn't a bad catch-and-shoot player, but he's unequivocally not better than Crowder at it. The numbers do not lie. And it's not that Chicago's system doesn't allow for those looks -- four Bulls take more C&S looks than Butler does per game. Avery Bradley's shooting stats off catch-and-shoot aren't as good as Crowder's, but they're better than Butler's.

It is not worth trading for Butler. Scoring the ball is not a weakness for the Celtics -- we're 6th in PPG despite a pace ranked 19th. Crowder and Bradley are both better defenders than Butler is too, so that doesn't help. The weakness for this current Celtics team is not being able to secure second chance opportunities down low, which adding Vuc would help, but not Butler.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
CameronCrazy06 said:
Straight up? You're crazy
This has never been about "straight up". The Bulls want Crowder, Jaylen, Smart, and the 2017 1st for Butler, and there's a zero percent chance I include that pick for him.

If Chicago or Indiana or whomever wanted to do Butler/George for the pick+Amir's contract+Zeller's contract, then yes I'd do it in a second. It's losing 2-3 other significant rotation players, as well as the probable #1 pick that makes it not worth it

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
Hurricane Season said:
If the pick ends up being #3, then I don't even want it.
That's what y'all said last year too, and then you guys couldn't stop pushing to get #3 to get Kris Dunn (who btw has been ass this year)

That said, while the Top 2 guys are potential franchise players, its a lot stronger than 2016 was after the top 2. Isaac, DS3, Josh Jackson, Giles are all players you can build around imo (Giles if his health concerns clear -- I'd leave that judgement up to CC more than myself)

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
bosoxlover12 said:
That's what y'all said last year too, and then you guys couldn't stop pushing to get #3 to get Kris Dunn (who btw has been ass this year)

That said, while the Top 2 guys are potential franchise players, its a lot stronger than 2016 was after the top 2. Isaac, DS3, Josh Jackson, Giles are all players you can build around imo (Giles if his health concerns clear -- I'd leave that judgement up to CC more than myself)

That's another reason why I wouldn't want to move Butler.  I don't want GarPax in control of a rebuild.  If they decide to move Butler, Hoiberg + the entire front office needs to go as well.  Burn the whole thing down.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
elcheato said:
Danny Ainge has infected the entire Boston fan base. It's like they're all doing his bidding in terms of trying to drive up value.
#StopAinge2017

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
the current celtics with pg or butler could compete. you never know. i would trade that pick for either of them.

Paulius

Reaction score
Father Pugzo said:
the current celtics with pg or butler could compete. you never know. i would trade that pick for either of them.

Paulius

Reaction score
Wonder who the celtics will draft in this point guard heavy draft.

If they get the first overall, fultz isnt gonna play the 2, that backcourt of him and IT would be ridiculously undersized. Ball at SG also doesnt make any sense, monk maybe, but you arsnt gonna use the first or second pick on monk/jackson.

Trade the pick for jimmy!

Paulius

Reaction score
Lets develop more assets again for the next 5 years and sit on them

Paulius

Reaction score
Also this whole talk about lets wait 4 years until the warriors are done is such quitter talk lol. Go out there and play basketball. Anything is possible, those betas arent even that good

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
CameronCrazy06 said:
Josh Jackson is a wing who can't shoot. He'd fit perfectly in Boston.
he does remind me a bit of jaylen lol

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
https://twitter.com/bleacherreport/status/831984650121785345

I dosagree. Just look at courtney lee and brandon

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
bosoxlover12 said:
he does remind me a bit of jaylen lol
Just from an athleticism standpoint maybe. Josh has way more ball skills and is also the superior defender.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Bill Walton is calling the Cavs game tonight 

ive never been happier

buzzy

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
is he bringing his own 12-inchers today?

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
He was literally just talking to a fan

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
should have taken my lunch when Walton was at the rock hall smh could have become best friends

cavsfan817

You trying to get the pipe?
Reaction score
Bill Walton and Dickie V just out here not giving a fuck tonight this is magic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%