2015 NFL Playoffs Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
So the consensus now is that it should have been offsetting penalties, then a penalty on Dez resulting in an automatic 1st.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
No

The no call is the correct call, hence why the head official ruled it. Some contact is allowed: the linebacker didn't hold back or push back Pettigrew from actually getting the ball, and the LB's facemask wasn't held egregiously enough to warrant a penalty there. Its a good no call

As for the Dez issue: 

1. Its a discretionary call. If the ref does not think it was in bad intent, he doesnt have to call it.
2. May just be a loophole, but the rule says you cannot take off your helmet on the field of play to argue. Dez never took his helmet off while on the field of play; it was already off while on the sidelines
3. People are only calling for the Dez penalty because they feel butthurt that the 15 yard penalty against Dallas was erased. He only came out because he thought the penalty was wrong, as did the head official. He wouldn't have been out there if it was correctly called in the first place.

Don't blame this call for why Detroit lost. They had ~2:30 to go win the game, with 2 timeouts and a 2 min warning, and they went nowhere. The playcalling was terrible, Stafford's decision making was terrible. With two very good WRs on that team, you should be able to get to at least the other 30 yard line. They were stopped at the Dallas 42. Like, he went for little crossing patterns, and checkdowns to the RB, rather than throwing it to the best deep threat in the NFL.

Detroit deserved to lose for that last possession

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
I still think it's dpi. I agree the facemask isn't much, but people were bringing it up so I figured I would post it.

As for the dpi, you gotta turn for the ball. It's a stupid rule, I hate it as much as you guys, but that's how it is now.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
regardless of that call or any call. we had enough time left and didn't get it done. no team should ever be in the position to complain about a blown call for the reason they lost. never leave it up to that.

detroit played like we have all season. the first half was a fluke.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
Couldn't have said that better myself. Those last two drives were just awful. No pass protection whatsoever.

Ps. Do you cringe every time Stafford releases the ball? Because that sidearm throw made me cringe late in the game.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
idk all the time but the casual fairweather lions fan always uses his sidearm as a reason to why he's so good lol

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
GMF1991 said:
I still think it's dpi. I agree the facemask isn't much, but people were bringing it up so I figured I would post it.

As for the dpi, you gotta turn for the ball. It's a stupid rule, I hate it as much as you guys, but that's how it is now.
No you don't

You have to turn around if you are creating contact with the player and go for the ball. That's not what the linebacker did. He faceguarded without impeding Pettigrew's way. The only reason he couldn't come back for the ball was forward momentum not letting him stop

The only contact the LB had was to swat BP's arm from his own facemask. Aside for that, he kept his arms off of him, and the low pass hit his arms.

Not DPI, at all. If he boxed him out for it, then yes he needs to turn his head, but that's not what he did

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
NFL head of officiating Dean Blandino isn’t trying to sugarcoat the key call that went against the Lions in Sunday’s loss to the Cowboys.
Blandino, appearing on PFT Live, told Mike Florio that Cowboys linebacker Anthony Hitchens did get away with a penalty on the Lions’ fourth-quarter pass to Brandon Pettigrew. But Blandino said the missed call that troubled him most was not the pass interference flag that was originally thrown but later picked up.
According to Blandino, the clear penalty Hitchens got away with was defensive holding: Hitchens grabbed Pettigrew’s jersey while Pettigrew was running his route, and Blandino said that should have been called. If it had been, it would have given the Lions an automatic first down.
Blandino said the pass interference penalty that one official flagged, only to get overruled by another official, was a “close call that could have went either way.” Blandino acknowledged that the officials should have done a better job of communicating, first among themselves so that they could get the call right, and then after referee Pete Morelli turned on his microphone to announce the penalty. Morelli first announced pass interference, then later announced that the pass interference penalty would not be enforced — but that second announcement was so hasty that the FOX broadcast missed it.
Although some observers have suggested that Pettigrew also should have been flagged for facemasking Hitchens, Blandino says that’s not the case.

It sounds like it IS DPI but it was close, but it should have been defensive holding. 

BwareDWare94

Where were you when the world stopped turning?
Reaction score
Michael Bennett compared playing the Panthers to having an awkward encounter with an attractive cousin.

:yao:

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
It is 19 degrees hotter in Foxborough than it is here.

It is 19 degrees in Foxborough 

Teagz

Dogs.
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Hell of a drive by Baltimore

Teagz

Dogs.
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
January Joe is winning another Super Bowl this year.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Tom Brady is a modern day Corey Dillon 

Teagz

Dogs.
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Tom Brady still acts like a child I see

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
that unsportsmanlike is so dumb

Teagz

Dogs.
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I hate the way the NFL is officiated. So god damn soft.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Do some Baltimore players have like hand warmers in their jerseys?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%