2015 NCAA Tournament Thread

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
How come when CC picks his team to lose, they win a fucking championship, but when I pick ny teams to lose, I end up just being right?

BwareDWare94

Where were you when the world stopped turning?
Reaction score
I really think Tyus should stay at Duke for another year. Polish his game a little more.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Hurricane Season said:
How come when CC picks his team to lose, they win a fucking championship, but when I pick ny teams to lose, I end up just being right?
I really have no idea. If you told me in January this team was winning a national title I would've slapped you

In all honesty my superstition game was on point. My nephew's too. This feels so good.

I'm so emotionally invested with this program. For better or worse. This makes Lehigh and Mercer worth it.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
BwareDWare94 said:
I really think Tyus should stay at Duke for another year. Polish his game a little more.
I agree because I don't think his draft stock is even that high but everything points to him leaving.

Duke has no PG for next year at this point either. If he comes back we'll at least have a chance to contend

BwareDWare94

Reaction score
Making the immediate jump makes sense from a lot of places, but coach K's tutelage prepares players for buying into systems and handling adversity. That is not something that even most NBA coaches can replicate. It'd be dumb not to stay at least 2 years unless you're and Okafor type prospect.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
I just know he's always viewed himself as a one and done and he's best friends with Okafor who's obviously going. I expect him to leave. This game may give his draft stock a minor push but I doubt he goes lottery.

Next years draft is really weak too. Some prospects who are late first and early second would be smart to stay.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Staying is the worst thing you could do when coming off a good tourney run, because idiot GMs will weigh that more than a full season

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
It could go in many different ways

Your stock could go upwards, from playing better in Year 2, and Tyus could be a top 10 pick

Your stock could stay the same, maybe drop a little. That's what happened to Harrison Barnes

Or, you could completely fuck up your stock, and fall out of the first. Glen Davis was a Top 20 pick if he went in 06 (teammate Tyrus Thomas went #2) but he went in the 2nd round in 07

The third potential option is why Tyus should declare

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I sound like a broken record, but if you're pretty much guaranteed to be a first round pick, there is no reason to return to college. You're not going to develop further there. The only thing you're doing is delaying a pay day and better developmental tools. College coaches don't give a shit about you. There is always another recruit. An NBA coaches/GM job and salary DEPENDS on you. Who do you think is most interested in making you better? 

Not to mention, you can always go back to college if the pros don't work out. All you have to do is put aside a separate fund for re-attending college from your first years salary, and keep it there until you realize you won't ever have to go back to college. 

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
CameronCrazy06 said:
I really have no idea. If you told me in January this team was winning a national title I would've slapped you

In all honesty my superstition game was on point. My nephew's too. This feels so good.

I'm so emotionally invested with this program. For better or worse. This makes Lehigh and Mercer worth it.
I mean, unless your team was named the Kentucky Wildcats, anyone should have had that opinion on winning the national title. Wisconsin did one good this year, knocking them out. 

Also, I don't even think Thad Matta offered Nigel Hayes until extremely late into the process lmao. Nice goin bruh. 

BwareDWare94

Reaction score
That Wisconsin team was really, really fucking good. It really is crazy what the single elimination format does for basketball. I'm not saying Duke wasn't better, as they certainly were last night, but Wisconsin had knocked off so many great teams on the way there. That team was just as worthy, but the ball bounces wherever it bounces.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
That same argument you're insinuating could have been used when Kentucky lost to Wisconsin, but that time going against Wisconsin lol 

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
elcheato said:
I sound like a broken record, but if you're pretty much guaranteed to be a first round pick, there is no reason to return to college. You're not going to develop further there. The only thing you're doing is delaying a pay day and better developmental tools. College coaches don't give a shit about you. There is always another recruit. An NBA coaches/GM job and salary DEPENDS on you. Who do you think is most interested in making you better? 

Not to mention, you can always go back to college if the pros don't work out. All you have to do is put aside a separate fund for re-attending college from your first years salary, and keep it there until you realize you won't ever have to go back to college. 
I disagree that you can't develop in college. Look at a guy like mason Plumlee. He had the option to leave early, and had he, he might already be out of the league by now. The old saying goes that you need to play for the second contract, not the first.

I do think there's some merit to the D league being a better place to develop players, but personally I think it's inaccurate

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
elcheato said:
I mean, unless your team was named the Kentucky Wildcats, anyone should have had that opinion on winning the national title. Wisconsin did one good this year, knocking them out. 

Also, I don't even think Thad Matta offered Nigel Hayes until extremely late into the process lmao. Nice goin bruh. 
I was more saying that because our defense gave up 88.5 PPG to nc state and Miami in back to back games and we looked awful

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
CameronCrazy06 said:
I disagree that you can't develop in college. Look at a guy like mason Plumlee. He had the option to leave early, and had he, he might already be out of the league by now. The old saying goes that you need to play for the second contract, not the first.

I do think there's some merit to the D league being a better place to develop players, but personally I think it's inaccurate
I'm not saying you can't improve in college, I'm saying you're more likely to develop in the pros, and it doesn't make sense to forgo the salaried position the first round offers. 

Years prior I would say the D-League offered nothing, but now most teams have their own separate affiliate, and the coaches are an extension of them.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
There's much better coaching in college though

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
A college coaches focus is instant gratification, they ignore your weaknesses and play to your strengths, and you can't be around the athletes more than a specified amount of time, they have to focus on school work, etc..

Most college coaching is horrendous

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Well I'm speaking from the perspective of the elite programs (UK, Duke, KU, etc) where most of the good prospects go

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%