2014 Prospect Talk Thread

VikesRule

Reaction score
bosoxlover12 said:
Jules played KR at Kent State, and was a run-1st guy. He couldn't throw the ball at all.

Edelman has crazy agility, which is why he can play ST, defense back, and receiver fairly well. He's a super intelligent player, who works his ass off. It took him an entire contract+ to be recognized. He was let go from Giants TC, and signed for a minimum contract in NE. Then he became known only after that.

Jules is a terrible comparison for Lynch
I was more comparing the situation for both Lynch and Edelman rather than ability. Both MAC QBs who aren't good passers trying to make it in the NFL.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I guess technically he can "play" defensive back.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
elcheato said:
I guess technically he can "play" defensive back.
How many wide receivers has at least 1 INT and 1 FF in their careers? Jules is one

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
its actually pretty gay.

TTN2810

Reaction score
This QB class is very polarizing. So many different opinions on every prospect.

McShay first says Brett Smith sucks, which yes, I agree with. I've seen other project him as a top 50 pick, which would be awful, but nonetheless it's out there. A writer from CBS I believe.

But then McShay goes on to say Garoppolo is better than Carr.. They are pretty much the same player, but Garoppolo is just a poor mans version of Carr physically. Literally makes no sense at all.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
Just want to point it out and such, since it's now considered much more reasonable than it was

I've mocked Khalil Mack to the Texans in all of my mocks since February 6th

TTN2810

Reaction score
Still don't think it happens, dude. 

Murray finally getting the recognition he deserves. He's just a damn good QB.

"...I am a big Aaron Murray fan. I think he's going to be like Russell Wilson." - Tony Dungy

Brian Balldinger said he thinks Murray will be the best in the class. 

I'm liking that some of the media is finally speaking out about some of the less talked about QB's in this class. I'm still of the opinion it's the "second tier" of QB's (Mett, Murray, Fales) who have a more likely shot at being the most successful. Manziel, Carr, and Bortles are just so risky. More talent/potential, but less likelihood of success. I'm still stuck on drafting for that potential or taking the high floor guy. Might have to push Murray/Fales > Carr. Already have them > Bortles. Still think I'd take the chance on Manziel though. Too much talent. I would not regret taking and missing on him. I'd just take it on the chin.

TTN2810

Reaction score
It's the trendy thing right now for sure, but I'm betting against it. 

TTN2810

Reaction score
Shit, not only is Bortles' Pro Day tomorrow, it's also Fales'. Damn, he's gonna get no attention tomorrow.

TTN2810

Reaction score
Take aways from Bortles' Pro Day:

> Really struggled throwing the deep ball, somewhere between 4-6 misses, which is consistent with his tape.

> Raiders GM is at David Fales' Pro Day, rather than at Bortles'. EDIT: Dennis Allen was at Bortles' though.

>Mayock said Bortles is at least a year away. Re: He needs to sit a year. Mayock said this could affect top 10 teams taking him, because they may want to start their guy right away. Paul Burmeister pointed out however most teams have a veteran that can play for now: Jax-Henne, Cle-Hoyer, Minn-Ponder/Cassel, TB-Glennon/McCown.

Like I said a few weeks ago, totally agree that Bortles' is best suited to sit a year. It may be unlikely to happen though, and that could hurt his development. 

TTN2810

Reaction score
Tom Savage reminds me a lot of Chad Henne. 5-7th rounder IMO.

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Tom Savage was in college for like 12 years on 3 different teams.

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I'm starting to get a Sharrif Floyd vibe from Khalil Mack.  Going into February, most people saw Floyd as a fringe first round prospect.  He had a few impressive workouts, then sports illustrated had him going in the top three in one of their mocks, and all of a sudden everyone bought into it.  His hype was pretty much created by the internet.  So many people were saying that he was the best defensive player in the draft last year.  I never bought into it.  I think I even had him not even going in the first round in the SI mock... but I digress.

I get that same vibe from Mack.  One person mocks him at #1, and everyone hops on the wagon.  That being said, Mack is a much more well rounded player than Floyd, and also has the productivity to back it up.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
I agree but disagree at the same time.

I was not huge on Floyd, but most had him as a Top 5 lock. I had him as my #3 DT, and never really understood his hype.

I mocked Mack to Houston, and then a week later Mayock did. Now guys like Kiper are too.

The main reason I did it, and maybe why other did as well:

1. Refine picks to star players. That means it's down to Clowney, Mack, Robinson, Watkins, and the QBs. I don't love any of the QBs so I actually think you can take them out. And after using a 1st there last year and not needing the position, I'd take Watkins off.

2. Look at team needs. Duane Brown is a great LT, so Robinson would play RT. Texans run a 3-4 defense, and Clowney, while extremely athletically gifted, is a bull-rushing power 4-3 DE at his core. Mack is a 3-4 OLB that is a great pass rusher and offers some coverage skills, which Clowney does not have

So who do you take: the RT, the athletic DE in hopes he becomes a stud at OLB, or the proven OLB rusher. That's why it's Mack; he makes more sense than the other 2

TTN2810

Reaction score
I'm sick and tired of people bashing Murray/Fales for arm strength issues, but then make no mention of the same with Bridgewater. *Cough* I'm looking at you, McShay *cough*

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/449232685341216768

Teagz

Dogs.
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Pro days are dumb anyways.

ambivalentSoul

Reaction score
Man I want Donald so bad. I'd be happy with Evans though, too. Beckham is a solid emergency plan if all the BPA are already gone.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%