Reaction score
Mexi said:
Its cool you like randle though
I do too

But i see david lee, current zbo, bulls era boozer

Not a love, blake, timmy, lamarcus type

And thats ok
He's a pro

I don't see a comparison to Lee or Boozer.  Both at their offensive best were more finesse, and I'm not saying they were finesse players, but they had more finesse to their games and less violence.  Randle is just straight violence.  He's getting the ball within 10 and he's breaking your nose.  He's a fullback of a power forward in a league that doesn't have many, has evolved away from that style of post player, and therefore has teams that aren't equipped to defend that type of post player.

The Randolph comparison, obviously everyone likes to compare him to Randolph, it's a good comparison.  I just hope he tries to work on defense a little better than Zach has done.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
Mobruler said:
Julius Randle - 22.0 ppg, 10.5 rpg, 49% FG, ROY
15ppg, 9rpg, 41% FG, not ROY.

Just out of pure production, Jabari will win the ROY, and I expect him to win it fairly easily. Only real competition would be from Aaron Gordon, if he is relied on to score all of Orlando's points. Jabari should win that award easily

Mobruler

Wolves
Reaction score
Lol Aaron Gordon.

He'll be starting for Panathinaikos in 2017.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I'm a big Aaron Gordon believer but he'll be lucky to average 12 points per game his rookie year.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Vucci Mane
Gordon
Tobias
Dipo
Elfrid

Like the core

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
As of now, no one

And thats obviously not the lineup

Theyll probably start fournier and jameer will start

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Even Jock Vaughn struggled to shoot back in the day

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Dipo and tobias will improve

Idk about gordon and elfrid yet

Mobruler

Wolves
Reaction score
TYO said:
Who can shoot in that lineup

To be honest, and I hate to rain on parades, Elfrid Payton is said to do a lot of things well, but outside shooting isn't one of them.  Oladipo is pretty good player, but he's not a shooter.  Assuming your committed to him as your 2, you need some guys who can drain elsewhere because you know you're not getting it from the 2.  I was a little surprised that Orlando saw Payton as a fit.  

At the 3, we already know Tobias Harris isn't an efficient outside shooter.  He's an efficient scorer, but not an efficient shooter.  Maybe Orlando sees Harris as someone they can have a different role for or move in a trade for a draining 3.  Maybe their endgame is that they will make that change at 3 and they see Gordon as a stretch 4 who can shoot, and they think a couple of forwards who shoot well will forgive their shooting hampered back court.

Who knows.  I'm interested in seeing where Orlando goes from here.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
elcheato said:
I'm a big Aaron Gordon believer but he'll be lucky to average 12 points per game his rookie year.
I don't think he would score a lot, but like, look at the core Mexi posted.

Vucevic. Tobias Harris. Dipo. Payton.

If Harris went down, who would be the #1 option? My guess it'd probably be either Dipo or Gordon

Its gonna be Jabari tho

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
Also, after more scouting & research, I've figured out my comparison for Marcus Smart

He's a worse shooting, heavier Dwyane Wade, with a worse potential obviously. Same explosiveness, same defensive edge (in Wade's early years). Both are too big to be real PGs, and with their long wingspans play SG

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
bosoxlover12 said:
I don't think he would score a lot, but like, look at the core Mexi posted.

Vucevic. Tobias Harris. Dipo. Payton.

If Harris went down, who would be the #1 option? My guess it'd probably be either Dipo or Gordon

Its gonna be Jabari tho
aaron isn't ever gonna lead a team in scoring.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%