2014 NBA Draft Thread

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
Mexi said:
Bosox isnt sitting here saying rondo may be traded
Hes a goner, has to be doesnt he??????

I think so. That seemed to be the consensus from most people when they drafted Marcus. 

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
In what argument does saying Marcus Smart being drafted by the Celtics mean Rondo is gone?

A little bit on Marcus Smart:

Smart is 6'3", 227lbs, 6'9" wingspan. Current Celtics SG Avery Bradley is 6'3", 180lbs, 6'7.25" wingspan. Smart is already bigger than Bradley is.
Very tough defender, projects to be a very good defensive on-ball guard
Plays passing lanes very well, averaged ~3spg in his collegiate career
He's a very good passer and playmaker, and has pretty good vision as well.
Good rebounder for his size
Very aggressive offensively; averaged 8ft attempts per game in 32mpg last year
Good decision maker
Can hit wide open shots 
Uber-competitive
Needs to improve outside shooting
Not an effective shooter anywhere when closely guarded

He can easily be a starting SG if Bradley gets a high tendered offer. If Bradley gets $8M or higher annually, it might be too expensive. While not as good defensively as Bradley, he's a lot better at replacing what Bradley does defensively than most could in this league. And offensively, he's an upgrade to Avery.

If Rondo wants to stay, he'll stay. We have tons of cap space in 2015 for Rondo and whoever else he wants. James Young will be a good 2nd rotation scorer, and could provide the flexibility for Boston to move Jeff Green if we get a good enough offer.

Rondo could easily leave next year, or be traded this year, but I really do not think this has as much to do with Rondo as you all are suggesting

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
When I scouted him I wouldn't say he's got very good playmaking skills and vision. I'd say he shows flashes of it but is pretty inconsistent.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
elcheato said:
So excited with Wiggins. Going to be a fun, up tempo offense with Kyrie/Dion/Wiggins/Bennett/Varejao
the offense with blatt will be fun to see.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
nolafan33 said:
When I scouted him I wouldn't say he's got very good playmaking skills and vision. I'd say he shows flashes of it but is pretty inconsistent.
A year with Rondo and Stevens will help him improve it drastically. He's shown the potential for it, just has to hone it in

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Patric Young is joining the Pels Summer League roster. Nice.

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
elcheato said:
So excited with Wiggins. Going to be a fun, up tempo offense with Kyrie/Dion/Wiggins/Bennett/Varejao

Cavs Nation. About to join some Cavs forums right now.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
My preliminary favorite rookie os elfrid payton

Fell in love with his reel the way i did shaun 10 years ago

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score

Instead, it's the 2015-16 year on Haywood's contract that is the real asset Cleveland acquired. Due to the language of the collective bargaining agreement, when the Hornets put an Amnexty claim on Haywood after he was waived by the Dallas Mavericks, the Hornets had Haywood under contract at the amount of their bid (the $2.2 million figure), except for the final year on his deal.

Haywood has a 2015-16 salary on the books at $10.5 million, except it's entirely non-guaranteed. That means the Cavs could waive it without paying him a cent or losing any 2015 cap space, or, far more importantly, use him as what is essentially a giant trade exception. In short, they could use that $10.5 million contract for the purposes of salary matching in a trade next summer, and the team acquiring him could waive him without paying a dime.

That's an enormous asset to have in the warchest. It cost the Cavs some cap space in the interim, but it landed them Powell and gave them what should be a major weapon for adding a star next summer. It's a shrewd move by new general manager David Griffin.
So basically, after the Cavs sign LeBron & Melo, and trade for Love, we can still trade for another high salary player the following year.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I mean, pau got 17/10 this year as their main option, and he still has game

Randle isnt doing that off the bat

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Its cool you like randle though
I do too

But i see david lee, current zbo, bulls era boozer

Not a love, blake, timmy, lamarcus type

And thats ok
He's a pro

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%