2012 NFL Gameday Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Falcons11497

LEGENDARY.
Reaction score
There wasn't a single NFL function held on Bourbon all week so I'm not sure your point really makes any sense. Heck I spent a day and a half in New Orleans over the weekend and I didn't hear a single person even mention Bourbon. Just the other places like St. Charles Street, Morial Convention Center, Jackson Square, Woldenberg Park, and so on.

And have you ever been in the dome? I'm going to go ahead and guess no, I'd probably bet you've never been to New Orleans. And by the chance you have I'm going to bet it wasn't this season. I'll agree the stadium used to be one of the least attractive stadiums in the NFL, but the upgrades it has undergone to host this Super Bowl over the past few years have made it quite nice.
wrong, wrong, wrong, AND wrong

I have family in New Orleans. I was just up in New Orleans on Thursday and Friday for a college visit for my sister (Xavier, which happens to be across the highway from the Superdome). We came back Friday night. The stadium renovations don't make it the best dome in the league, it's just less shitty. Here, lets add some flashy lights outside and hang "Mercedes-Benz" on it to distract from how unimpressive and bland the stadium actually is. If you're gonna renovate, at least make all the seats black instead of having black on the lower level and then that mix-matched color mess for the rest. I've been in the stadium as well. You can call me biased, but the Georgia Dome did the better renovations of the two (replaced video board, all the seats actually match, I'll give the Superdome an advantage in concessions though). Whether or not you realize it, there is still a shitload of activity on Bourbon street, hence the reason I mentioned it.
LOL for acting like I've never been to New Orleans or the Superdome tho...
Your homerism must distract you from seeing how underwhelming it is

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
wrong, wrong, wrong, AND wrong

I have family in New Orleans. I was just up in New Orleans on Thursday and Friday for a college visit for my sister (Xavier, which happens to be across the highway from the Superdome). We came back Friday night. The stadium renovations don't make it the best dome in the league, it's just less shitty. Here, lets add some flashy lights outside and hang "Mercedes-Benz" on it to distract from how unimpressive and bland the stadium actually is. If you're gonna renovate, at least make all the seats black instead of having black on the lower level and then that mix-matched color mess for the rest. I've been in the stadium as well. You can call me biased, but the Georgia Dome did the better renovations of the two (replaced video board, all the seats actually match, I'll give the Superdome an advantage in concessions though). Whether or not you realize it, there is still a shitload of activity on Bourbon street, hence the reason I mentioned it.
LOL for acting like I've never been to New Orleans or the Superdome tho...
Your homerism must distract you from seeing how underwhelming it is
Lol I'll just call you biased then.

And for the record, I never once said it was the best dome. But fwiw, fanfare rates the Georgia Dome the worst dome in the NFL. Only behind Mall of America Field. Lucas Oil is rated the best by a wide margin.

Where does your sis live?

Falcons11497

LEGENDARY.
Reaction score
Lol I'll just call you biased then.

And for the record, I never once said it was the best dome.

Where does your sis live?
She's a senior in high school, so she's still with us in Georgia
The visit was urgent because Xavier's deadline to tell them if you accept is this week and she wanted to visit before she made her decision lol
Sorry for getting a little rant-ish or whatnot. I'm just a lot more familiar with the area than you may realize
and hey, if it counts, I can't really think of a dome stadium that is all that impressive tbh

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
That certainly turned out to be a great game. Enjoyed it and the outcome.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
She's a senior in high school, so she's still with us in Georgia
The visit was urgent because Xavier's deadline to tell them if you accept is this week and she wanted to visit before she made her decision lol
Sorry for getting a little rant-ish or whatnot. I'm just a lot more familiar with the area than you may realize
and hey, if it counts, I can't really think of a dome stadium that is all that impressive tbh
I'd rather a outdoor stadium but it's just to damn hot the majority of the time in the South...

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
ray lewis is very very annoying. love his heart but his "enthusiasm" gimmick is so old. seeing him on tv will be decent for only so long.

sigh.

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I honestly thought they were going to be faggots and give the MVP to Ray out of "respect" or some sort of crap. Glad they didn't.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
For the next Madden, Madden NFL 25, they will do cover voting with 32 current stars and 32 former stars

Is Ray eligible for the former stars now that he retired?

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I don't think they'd want a repeat player.

Still can't believe Hillis was on a cover though lmao.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Has sportscenter shown a LeBron tweet about the superbowl yet?

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
@RossTuckerNFL: Flacco's Super Bowl MVP press conference is good time to remind you that Pitt chose Tyler Palko over Flacco. Twice.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
But Joe Flacco isn't even a Top 10 QB, so it doesn't matter

He benefited a lot from having two very good wideouts in Boldin and Smith, a fantastic RB in Ray Rice, and a very good line.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score

He benefited a lot from having two very good wideouts in Boldin and Smith, a fantastic RB in Ray Rice, and a very good line.
so him having a good team is a bad thing. man he sucks

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
He's nothing special, at all.

He isn't worth $10M annually, let alone the $20M he will get because the Ravens have almost 0 leverage

youngguru

V͎͡Ị̠̳SI͉ƠN̡
Reaction score
When do the tickets for next years Superbowl go on sale?

werebarret

Reaction score

Translation: I'm butthurt because Brady hasn't won anything for almost a decade, and has failed consistently since he had a defense that was less than elite.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%