2012 NFL Gameday Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teagz

Dogs.
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I like having the super bowl in new orleans and all, but i wish they'd tear down the superdome. Shit's a dungeon.

It'll never happen though.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Ray Lewis is the worst, fuck that guy.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
NOLA is amazing for the big events, I don't care about the power outage. 2012 Final Four was the best weekend of my life
Exactly, a freak power outage doesn't hamper the fact that New Orleans is historically one of the best host cities for large sporting events, most notably the Super Bowl. All week we've heard the media and such sing the praises of the city and say how much more successful this week has been compared to previous Super Bowls. It's embarrassing and most definitely sucks, but it was a freak thing. But hey, people like Rob can be idiots and continue on with their knee jerk reactions if they so please.

buzzy

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
my theory is LeBron payed some dudes to unscrew some lightbulbs so he can stall the second half until he's at home.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
i could not take another SF title
phew

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
if you thought the power outage was bad, wait til next year's rain and 20mph winds

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Third year in a row the Redskins beat the eventual super bowl winner.

:\

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
next year will be controversial if the weather sucks

the main people complaining will be the ones who dont say a word about rough green bay or denver or foxborough playoff weather though lol

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Exactly, a freak power outage doesn't hamper the fact that New Orleans is historically one of the best host cities for large sporting events, most notably the Super Bowl. All week we've heard the media and such sing the praises of the city and say how much more successful this week has been compared to previous Super Bowls. It's embarrassing and most definitely sucks, but it was a freak thing. But hey, people like Rob can be idiots and continue on with their knee jerk reactions if they so please.
you cant help the fact that there was an outage, i know that. your extreme homerism is pretty annoying, nonetheless.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
you cant help the fact that there was an outage, i know that. your extreme homerism is pretty annoying, nonetheless.
I'm a homer because I'm using common sense? You're just a complete idiot, and it's pretty annoying, nonetheless.

Falcons11497

LEGENDARY.
Reaction score
Sure, culturally New Orleans is nice, but the football game isn't played outside on Bourbon Street.
The Superdome is a pretty unimpressive stadium to say the least

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Sure, culturally New Orleans is nice, but the football game isn't played outside on Bourbon Street.
The Superdome is a pretty unimpressive stadium to say the least
There wasn't a single NFL function held on Bourbon all week so I'm not sure your point really makes any sense. Heck I spent a day and a half in New Orleans over the weekend and I didn't hear a single person even mention Bourbon. Just the other places like St. Charles Street, Morial Convention Center, Jackson Square, Woldenberg Park, and so on.

And have you ever been in the dome? I'm going to go ahead and guess no, I'd probably bet you've never been to New Orleans. And by the chance you have I'm going to bet it wasn't this season. I'll agree the stadium used to be one of the least attractive stadiums in the NFL, but the upgrades it has undergone to host this Super Bowl over the past few years have made it quite nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%